INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using tunnel bear

+5
Canada_Mike
MexicoPete
cerebrozo
CanuckBob
cypress
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Using tunnel bear - Page 2 Empty Re: Using tunnel bear

Post by CanuckBob Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:16 am

Yes, it needs to be activated if you have not done so and you do need to be sitting in front of it when you do so. They need all sorts of info from the status screen. I'm sure they suspected you were "stacking" a receiver for a friend when you told them you couldn't get in front of it. Call again while you are in front of it and I'm sure it won't be a problem. Make sure you have your Canadian address and phone number that the account is tied to.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:34 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yes, it needs to be activated if you have not done so and you do need to be sitting in front of it when you do so. They need all sorts of info from the status screen. I'm sure they suspected you were "stacking" a receiver for a friend when you told them you couldn't get in front of it. Call again while you are in front of it and I'm sure it won't be a problem. Make sure you have your Canadian address and phone number that the account is tied to.
Thanks. I suspect they thought the same. The problem was the receiver and TV are in the casita and the modem and computer are in the house. I have been trying to get WiFi working in the casita for several weeks-then I will have my lap top and desk top in the casita where the receiver and TV are. Can I activate the receiver at some one else's house where they have Shaw?

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:43 pm

You could but sometimes there are differences in satellite dishes (or LNBs) that require specific settings for each dish. In other words it may work at their house and not work when you get it back home. I experienced this once when I moved to a different house (that had a different dish). I had to call them and they instantly knew I switched dishes. It wasn't a problem for them but they did have to change some things for the new dish to work. You can always give it a go.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:41 pm

CanuckBob wrote:You could but sometimes there are differences in satellite dishes (or LNBs) that require specific settings for each dish. In other words it may work at their house and not work when you get it back home. I experienced this once when I moved to a different house (that had a different dish). I had to call them and they instantly knew I switched dishes. It wasn't a problem for them but they did have to change some things for the new dish to work. You can always give it a go.
Thanks again. Do you know if I can use Skpe to mask my location?

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:35 pm

I have used Skype to call them without a problem.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:22 am

Tell them you don't have a cordless phone and the TV is in the next room. Use a VPN for live chat; it works. It's actually easier to do it on the phone using Skype; note that there are no separate support groups for chat and phone.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:19 am

I used live chat last week without a VPN. They never mentioned a thing.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:42 pm

Often they don't. But I can say for certain that they do know. Problem isn't the ones that don't say anything.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:53 pm

So it sounds like it is a bit of a crap shoot. Live chat may work with or without a VPN. Skype chat or call may work or not. Maybe live chat with a VPN and having your computer close to the TV is the best option. I would pay someone to do it for me if the wanted results were certain.
I guess Shaw is more concerned about losing money through stacking rather that their signal being picked up outside the country.

Last edited by cypress on Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Live chat works with or without VPN. Use it if you want to hide your location. It works. They may or may not say anything if you don't use it. Many of them don't care, and have most likely been admonished to ignore everyone except blatant abusers. Skype works, period, although they don't "chat" on Skype. (You use their chat function on their Website. With Skype phone, they can't tell where you are, guaranteed.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2