INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has the OFFICIAL taxi rate at the airport gone up?

+6
CanuckBob
dcampbell757
Carry Bean
Gamina
brigitte
Problem Child
10 posters

Go down

Has the OFFICIAL taxi rate at the airport gone up? Empty Has the OFFICIAL taxi rate at the airport gone up?

Post by Problem Child Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:36 pm

The rate from GDL to Chapala has been $400 for several years. The kiosk has always tried to put a $20 Gringo tax and I just smiled and gave $400. No problem.

Last night, I was told the rate was $415. I gave $400. I was told, "No. $415" I said I wanted a receipt but he never gave me one. I asked outside what the rate was to Chapala, asked the dispatcher, and was told $415.

Has it been officially upped Raised?

What has your experience been on taxi prices from the airport?

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Has the OFFICIAL taxi rate at the airport gone up? Empty Re: Has the OFFICIAL taxi rate at the airport gone up?

Post by brigitte Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:23 pm

I would not know because I would not argue about 15 0r 20 pesos to go to Chapala. ..I think I paid 480 jan 1 for Ajijic

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Has the OFFICIAL taxi rate at the airport gone up? Empty Re: Has the OFFICIAL taxi rate at the airport gone up?

Post by Problem Child Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:29 pm

brigitte wrote:I would not know because I would not argue about 15 0r 20 pesos to go to Chapala. .

Principle of the thing. I won't get into it again.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:52 pm

450 for Chapala and 435 to San Antonio--go figure!
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:21 pm

I have better things to do than fight for 13 pesos because of principle as well. I also do not assume that because I am a foreigner I pay what you call gringo price and if you do you can afford the 15 pesos anyways so move on.Do something useful with your time.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:31 pm

Because those drivers have to sit in line for gas for hours, I won’t begrudge an extra fee.  I don’t know if the official rate has gone up but possibly they do that annually and it’s January.  I have a soft spot for anyone dealing with the traveling public because of the number of a**holes they have to deal with.  I did it for 28 years.  Has the OFFICIAL taxi rate at the airport gone up? 851398

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by dcampbell757 Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:15 pm

Yesterday the charge to Chapala was $415

dcampbell757
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:16 pm

so 415 it is and let´s move on..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:51 pm

Last time I paid $420 to Ajijic.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:19 pm

Dude, hitchhike to town or go to the highway and hop on the bus, you could easily save big $$$ like 350 pesos, dont let them rip you off!
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:29 pm

Problem Child wrote:
brigitte wrote:I would not know because I would not argue about 15 0r 20 pesos to go to Chapala. .  

Principle of the thing. I won't get into it again.

You seem to have so many principles I'm surprised that you can get anything done by yourself. ...Oh, right. Never mind.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:29 pm

maybe I paid 420 and the 480 was the private driver.. possible, that was january 1

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by REC Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:02 pm

We have paid $420 to Ajijic for quite a while. It is clearly shown on the map behind the desk in the taxi kiosk. If you don't get a receipt you can't get into a cab outside. A dispatcher outside assigns you to a cab, he uses your receipt to give to the driver so he gets paid and the driver gives you back your receipt when you get into the cab.

I personally wouldn't spend any time or energy worrying about $20 myself but I know others disagree. Some folks disagree strongly. I also tip the driver every time and with gas going up, waiting in lines for gas, occasional wrecks on the highway coming from or going back to the airport I think a nice tip is an appropriate show of appreciation. But probably even more people disagree with my thoughts on tipping.

REC

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:27 pm

I usualy do but right now with the lines they have to put up with , I agree totally.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:26 am

I usually just give them a $500.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by donenrique Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:37 am

Came in this past Saturday night and paid $435 to Ajijic. That was also the price on the receipt. Have paid $420 in the past (also the price on the receipt) and frankly, am surprised the rate hasn’t gone higher with the current gas situation. Nice big tip added.

donenrique

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down