INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curb painter

+6
gringal
solajijic
slainte39
lunateak
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
10 posters

Go down

Curb painter Empty Curb painter

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:39 am

I have recently been granted approval from the municipality to designate the curb in front of my house for the exclusive use of my guests and myself. As such the curb needs to be painted yellow and have all the permit #'s etc. displayed on it along with the warning of being towed away. There also needs to be signs on poles at each end of the curb displaying the same info. Does anyone know of a painter that has experience with this?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Curb painter Empty Re: Curb painter

Post by Trailrunner Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:56 am

Oooof. How will you enforce that? Right next to LCS, I wouldn't want that battle. Grua on speed dial.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:03 am

Have you asked the municipality for references?
Maybe someone who paints benches?
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:33 am

Trailrunner wrote:Oooof. How will you enforce that? Right next to LCS, I wouldn't want that battle. Grua on speed dial.

I actually won't enforce it for people that "mistakenly" park there for a quick jaunt to the LCS although having it properly displayed will keep 99% away. I am concerned with local hotel/B&B guests (my competitors) that park there for days or weeks without moving at all leaving no spots for me or my guests. Grua will make some money off of them...….

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:35 am

lunateak wrote:Have you asked the municipality for references?
Maybe someone who paints benches?

Yes, I will check with the Muni as well.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:09 am

Problem Child?...….. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:29 am

Good approach, Bob.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:23 am

We have the same rights on our street but realistically took the signs down because it just was impossible to get anyone, even neighbors to respect the space. Friends who got the same for their garage egress had iron barriers put up at the edges so they could prevent parkers but still have back up room out of their garage.

We have the poles and signs and will sell them to you, all you'd need to do is change the permit number on them. I would suggest painting down just a bit onto the street and up just a bit over the curb too.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:36 am

Yes, I will buy the signs. Send me a PM with your price, etc.  All of us neighbors already respect each others parking spaces and jockey our vehicles around if we are in another's spot temporarily. I will have no problem towing the others. If you are not willing to tow vehicles then it would make no sense. Creates money and opportunity for the tow truck guys......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:45 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yes, I will buy the signs. Send me a PM with your price, etc.  All of us neighbors already respect each others parking spaces and jockey our vehicles around if we are in another's spot temporarily. I will have no problem towing the others. If you are not willing to tow vehicles then it would make no sense. Creates money and opportunity for the tow truck guys......
Sent you a PM

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:39 pm

Yes but what we found was that if you call the tow truck on say a restaurant patron and they leave before the truck arrives then you pay the truck. Happens once or twice and the truck won't come. Neighbors aren't so bad but big gatherings at a nearby large hotel and the restaurant on the street create the parking if it was just neighborhood we could handle it easily.
We also ran into a nasty temporary neighbor who claimed since no one was allowed to park there even we couldn't park there to unload even groceries. He was so adamant about it, and a early daytime drunk, that after one situation taken care of by the magistrate at the Chapala jail this guy paid the police to take my husband to jail at 4 pm on a Saturday about two weeks later.
AT that point it just wasn't worth it.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Bob, I think this might be a slippery slope for you. 

Far as I know Aguirre is the only tow truck company in the area. They only had 1 or 2 trucks in Joco, don't know how many they have in Chapala but probably the same. They are mandated to be available for crashes and emergencies to keep the roads open. If they were busy with the trucks in Chapala you could be denied service, have to wait a long time for one, and/or have to pay extra for one to respond from Joco. A pissed off BnB owner in Ajijic would get low priority in triage when it's busy. Just sayin'. . . 

People get REALLY pissed when their car gets towed and, depending on whose car you end up towing, you could get targeted for retaliation. Remember that cars get stolen and damaged during the tow and in the lot and it's expensive to get them out.

If it were me, I'd probably do what the Mexicans do and put a couple of buckets out when I'm expecting guests.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:26 pm

I have friends with a hotel in Chapala and their "parking for the Hotel only" works just fine. I have done my "due diligence". Most people that park in a clearly marked restricted area don't usually wonder why their car is towed. Putting "buckets out" is illegal. If you want "exclusive parking" you have to apply for it and pay the permit fees every year.

I wasn't looking to debate the issue, just looking for painter recommendations...... Beer

Last edited by CanuckBob on Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WillieRae Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:36 pm

Bob, I thought I had read recently a post somewhere about (can't find it now!) having to get all new parking permits with the new admin, even though the current ones had not expired. When did you apply and get your permit?

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:38 pm

I applied about 6 weeks ago via ChapalaLaw (Spencer). He informed me the application was approved a couple of days ago and said I have to go and pay in January.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WillieRae Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:39 pm

Thx...Will check w/his ofc.

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:31 pm

I'm wouldn't suggest actually CALLING a tow truck: all the sticky reasons have been given, but having such a sign on the wall, door, etc., would certainly discourage most people from taking the chance of parking.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Well Gringal that wouldn't necessarily be true because anyone who has been here for very long will quickly laugh because when was the last time you saw a tow truck other than the flatbed the federales bring with them.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:21 pm

There are always those notices you slap onto the driver’s side windshield that requires a razor blade to remove. Twisted Evil

Of course, that would delay their departure but sure would be fun to watch the apoplexy.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrell Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:47 pm

I know someone who uses the pens, available at a papeleria, that are used by those selling vehicles to write prices, etc. Write on the windshield - it can be removed but might make someone think twice.

Marrell
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:26 pm

Amazing the twists and turns this post is taking...is life so much complicate in Paradise Sleep Sleep

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:41 pm

It is only complicated because those who live on the narrow one way streets are too often the victim of the selfish, "me me me" people who park in front of driveways so that the homeowner can not leave (or return). This street near LCS is the very worst. I don't have the problem, personally, since I'm on the "no parking" side of the street, with a garage.
However, I have considerable empathy for my neighbors who do have the "complication".

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down