INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goin' up, up, up

+10
ferret
espíritu del lago
gringal
CanuckBob
MexicoPete
Problem Child
Trailrunner
SunFan
cypress
NoVaDamer
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Goin' up, up, up - Page 2 Empty Re: Goin' up, up, up

Post by SunFan Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:12 pm

ferret wrote:No kidding! I'm a block and a half from the lake in Riberas.

Hey Cbob maybe instead of refurbishing Malecon benches we should be buying sandbags?

SunFan

SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:03 pm

Carry Bean wrote:I wish the OP would post a current picture of the same place.

That would be fun to see. OP was on Oct. 22 so presumably that foto was taken same day or close to it. It's now 3 weeks later. Anybody live at La Reserva and can get down to the lake in front of the pool area to take a photo looking east?

I can gain access at some point, but it's a 3day weekend coming up so don't want to fight my way in.

Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:35 pm

ferret wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:I thought the pipe was fixed a couple of years ago hence the steady rise however I didn't know about a new reservoir.

It was like pulling teeth to get this information since I'm not a subscriber and the site is incredibly slow to load and navigate. I'm hoping that Slainte may have better resources and knowledge. This site gives you dribs and drabs of three different dams that would affect the lake and two of them are on hold. The El Zapotillo dam is the one that I thought would have been finished by now since we first heard about it 10 years ago and it was started. It's not finished but...

https://www.bnamericas.com/en/news/waterandwaste/amlo-to-continue-construction-of-el-zapotillo-reservoir1

Any other reliable info that anyone trips over would be most appreciated.

More...
http://www.bnamericas.com/en/news/privatization/spotlight-3-dam-projects-under-construction-in-mexico

More...
http://www.bnamericas.com/en/news/waterandwaste/spotlight-guadalajaras-us444mn-dam-el-purgatorio/

More...
http://www.bnamericas.com/en/features/waterandwaste/troubled-waters-mexican-dam-projects-surrounded-by-controversy
One of the dams in the above link IS finished but it's in Michoacán... I'm trying to find out where it's located and if it's affecting the lake now.

The El Zapatillo dam in the Los Altos region of Jalisco on the Rio Verde is to be utilized by both GDL and Leon, Gto.  Last I heard it was proceeding but there is still controversy over the height of the dam. El Purgatorio, further downstream, will be a satellite dam to El Zapatillo for the overflow and will be for GDL.
The "grand daddy"of all dams would have been the El Arcendiano at the confluence of the Rio Santiago and the Rio Verde but was stopped indefinitely due to resistance by dwellers in the canyon, environmental concerns, and high pollution levels in the Santiago.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:46 pm

What is the measurement at which the lake should start flowing down its natural outlet? Is the natural outlet even available anymore?
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:11 am

Yes, at Ocotlan, and it is the source of the Rio Santiago and still available. Not exactly sure at what level the overflow starts but it was lowered a little after the 70's high water did a lot of damage to lakeshore properties.  Probably at the now designated cota or thereabouts.
Then people can start considering the Lerma and Santiago as one river as they once did starting at 3,000 metros above sea level.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by NoVaDamer Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:18 pm

As requested, I went down and took approximately the same picture this morning. The water level is still higher, and now the seawall is pretty much overtopped. The landing I was standing on this time (not in last photo) is a temporary stage set up as an evento at our club.
Goin' up, up, up - Page 2 Lakelv11
NoVaDamer
NoVaDamer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Si!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Wow! Thanks for posting those pictures.

Carry Bean
Share Holder