INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cash for cars in Laredo - not junk cars

5 posters

Go down

Cash for cars in Laredo - not junk cars Empty Cash for cars in Laredo - not junk cars

Post by DeborahE Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:11 pm

Does anyone know of a car lot/dealer in Laredo that buys cars. I have a decent offer from a dealer in San Antonio, but if I can do it in Laredo, I won't have to drive further. My web searches keep taking me to San Antonio.

2012 Nissan Sentra, 43,000 miles - excellent - advertised on Facebook if you want to see photos

Or if you know someone that is heading north and wants to buy a US plated car, I will go with them to the border to have my sticker removed and make my own way back.

And, if anyone can tell me the best way to drive with all of the new highways that have opened up in the last year, that would be great. It does not seem that Google or TomTom know about it.

DeborahE

Back to top Go down

Cash for cars in Laredo - not junk cars Empty Re: Cash for cars in Laredo - not junk cars

Post by JayBear Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:10 pm

I did something similar, but I advertised my car online (Tucson sites) and sold it privately. I found that car dealers in Tucson did not want to give me much for it, even tho it was a very nice car and only 3 years old with low mileage.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Cash for cars in Laredo - not junk cars Empty Re: Cash for cars in Laredo - not junk cars

Post by DeborahE Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:43 pm

JayBear wrote:I did something similar, but I advertised my car online (Tucson sites) and sold it privately. I found that car dealers in Tucson did not want to give me much for it, even tho it was a very nice car and only 3 years old with low mileage.

Thanks. I have heard of people doing that and thinking they had a sale, driving NOB and it being a no show. I just checked Craig's List in Laredo for a car similar to mine and the dealer's offer is significantly more than anything currently posted. I have nothing else to do in Texas and no friends/family so am hoping for a quick turnaround. But thanks for your input.

DeborahE

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:44 pm

A quick turnaround is financially advantageous, so long as you have no other reasons to stay longer. So, without a firm private offer on the table, you will be looking at wholesale value for your car. AutoMax is fair, and located in San Antonio, TX. They may even give you a ride to the airport, which is not far, for your return flight to Guadalajara. There are also bus services to Mexico, if you prefer that. It would an easy solution.
If you should find a buyer at lakeside, you do not have to go along to the border, as you can prepare the paperwork and accept the money, along with his promise to stop at banjercito and return the Importada receipt to you, etc. A letter of permission for the buyer to drive your car is necessary, in case he is stopped along the way. That could be the very easiest solution if you can get a cash buyer and trust that the Importada receipt will be sent to you.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:59 pm

DeborahE, I sent you a Private Message PM

RickS
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:15 pm

We have had two friends sell their vehicle at Carmax in San Antonio. Both were extremely pleased with the price they received which was more than they had anticipated.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DeborahE Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Canmex 87 wrote:We have had two friends sell their vehicle at Carmax in San Antonio. Both were extremely pleased with the price they received which was more than they had anticipated.

Yes, thanks. I am going to stop there. They won't do an online quote. I already have a very fair offer from another lot in San Antonio that gave me a cash price from photos and descriptions. I will stop at CarMax first to see what they say. I was just hoping for something in Laredo. Everything seems to be in San Antonio.

DeborahE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down