INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Army in Jocotopec today - Friday, August 5th

+5
Solovino
arbon
Chapalagringa
CheenaGringo
simpsca
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Army in Jocotopec today - Friday, August 5th Empty Army in Jocotopec today - Friday, August 5th

Post by simpsca Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:27 pm

I just received this from a friend who lives in Jocotopec:

Coming back from San Juan Cosala this morning around 11:30, just entering Joco
(before the first traffic light) there were 4 Army Hummer type vehicles and lots
of soldiers up and down both sides of the street. Further into town I saw 2 more
vehicles full of soldiers. Anybody know que pasa?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Army in Jocotopec today - Friday, August 5th Empty Re: Army in Jocotopec today - Friday, August 5th

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:51 pm

How about the police helicopters and planes that started flying over Jocotepec yesterday?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Army in Jocotopec today - Friday, August 5th Empty Re: Army in Jocotopec today - Friday, August 5th

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:54 pm

from TOB:

Posted Today, 02:31 PM
The Military have secured Jocotepec. Due to the recent violence in our pueblo, the Military have arrived. They were out in numbers this morning, in the plaza, driving around, and at the entrance giving out cards with information to everyone.

The card says:

Front:

SEDENA 15/a. Zona Militar V Región Militar

DENUNCIA

A los que secuestran, extorsionan pidiendo cuotas, trafican, fabrican y/o venden drogas. . .se les ve armados. . .

Back:
(01 800) 831 5317
(01 33) 3832 3115
(01 33) 3832 1037
zonamilitar_15@yahoo.com.mx
Nostros Atenderemos puntualmente tu denuncia.

Google translate as needed.

Those that tweet haven't picked up on this yet. It's the marines that they need to clean them out.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:36 pm

I just saw this myself as I was driving from San Juan Cosala to Ajijic at 1:40pm today. There were 4 army humvees heading toward Jocotopec. Men were dressed in full army camoflage with helmets, protective goggles, and one man on each hummer was stationed at a mounted automatic gun.

Then later around 2:30pm I went to eat at Laura's Kitchen in El Chante and coming out of Jocotopec were two federal police trucks followed by an armored vehicle and then followed by two more federal police trucks with light flashing. Never saw anything like this here before.

There is some rumor on the Jocotopec boards that I won't repeat because if is just rumor.

Last edited by simpsca on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:50 pm

What's the link the the Jocotepec boards? This is the designated rumor area. Go for it! :)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:54 pm

I can only give you the link to this one. The other is closed to non-members.

http://groups.google.com/group/jocotepeckers/browse_thread/thread/965822259a730643
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:58 pm

By the way - that message you saw on TOB is gone now.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:02 pm

This is the place for rumours!

Before they become........
The Military have secured Jocotepec. Due to the recent violence in our pueblo, the Military have arrived.
Verified.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:08 pm

Well, with these e mails and phone numbers, let's just make sure it's the REAL Mexican army and not some militia, please.
Georgia Nucci
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:15 pm

simpsca wrote:By the way - that message you saw on TOB is gone now.

Sorry the message is still on TOB - it's called Denuncia - I didn't know what that meant at first. I think it means to denounce or report.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:15 pm

I just read Miguelitos encounter this afternoon and saw Shocked his picture of the military. I suppose our doubting Tom's or should I say John will have to eat crow now?

http://groups.google.com/group/jocotepeckers/browse_thread/thread/965822259a730643
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:26 pm

Mike is brave to post that pic.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:59 pm

The tweeter seems to be grateful that the military has stepped in.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Can you imagine having that going on in the front of your house? And yes the tweeter has been desperately tweeting for a long time. I know a lot of people don't believe it and maybe half of what you hear is rumors, but Jocotopec has been rocking and rolling for a long time.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:18 am

Chapalagringa wrote:Mike is brave to post that pic.

The guy made some ignorant comments in his post based on the usual gringo prejudices Completely expected on these forums.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:38 am

According to the "dynamic duo brain trust" of John and Boozy, the army in Jocotepec is simply for show and there is nothing solid behind their decision to setup there.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:13 pm

yuri wrote:According to the "dynamic duo brain trust" of John and Boozy, the army in Jocotepec is simply for show and there is nothing solid behind their decision to setup there.

Who said they are "set up" there? Are they still there or did they just make an appearance? I was in Barra de Navidad for a few days last week. A platoon size group of Marines pulled into town and spent the whole day there. Left around sundown. No one had any idea why they where there.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:02 pm

I haven't been to Jocotopec today, but according to my friend they left after about an hour in front of his house and handing out cards in other parts of town. http://groups.google.com/group/jocotepeckers/browse_thread/thread/965822259a730643
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:51 pm

I saw nothing in Jocotopec yesterday morning on my way to Ajijic -- although I did see the Humvees driving westward just outside of Ajijic.

Driving back through Jocotopec this morning on my way back to Tizapán, they were no longer visible.

First Person Account -- doesn't mean anything. Just observation.

😕
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:24 pm

Nothing there now. Went through Joco at noon and again at 5:30. Nothing, zip, nada.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:31 pm

Well then I think it is fair to say they haven't "set up" in Jocotepec as was stated by yuri. This is typical of the BS that comes from people offering an opinion on a subject they know nothing about. Keep the rumors flowing.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:48 pm

They handed out cards....so call or email them if there's a problem.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:12 pm

Solvino:

Where does the word "setup"define a permanent installation?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:57 pm

yuri wrote:Solvino:

When does hanging around for an hour mean setting up? You made a lame attempt to discredit a couple of posters you don't like. How does an hour's presence mean pedro and john are blowing smoke up people's butts? You are disingenuous at the least if not outright lying.

You sit your ass in front of the computer all day in the US and post crap about situations down here that you haven't really got a clue about.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Solovino wrote:
yuri wrote:Solvino:

When does hanging around for an hour mean setting up? You made a lame attempt to discredit a couple of posters you don't like. How does an hour's presence mean pedro and john are blowing smoke up people's butts? You are disingenuous at the least if not outright lying.

You sit your ass in front of the computer all day in the US and post crap about situations down here that you haven't really got a clue about.

I second that emotion!

razberry

I almost responded that common sense dictates that a "setup" is more than a temporary show-of-force. Then I thought: Oh, what the hell? I might as well go out and beat my head against the garden wall. This jerk ain't gonna get it.

The term "setup" or "set up" with its context integrates the fact that it is more than a temporary arrangement. Jeez!!!

What a dweeb!

razberry
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next