INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can't make an ash out of me

2 posters

Go down

You can't make an ash out of me Empty You can't make an ash out of me

Post by ferret Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:23 pm

Kids playing with firecrackers set the vacant lot next door to my house on fire late this afternoon. I sincerely hope it scared the living daylights out of them. The fire is now out thanks to all the neighbours with hoses and buckets. The bomberos arrived with hardly any water.
It was a rude awakening to my afternoon siesta at 4:50 with a phone call from my neighbour. I would not have heard the phone except for my dogs barking because I sleep with ear plugs. Thankfully, all my windows were closed with the fans on which I'm sure helped to keep the unbelievable amount of smoke out of my house.
I have a small transfer pump above my aljibe but discovered I couldn't attach my hose to it for more pressure. That is now at the top of my "to do" list and I will keep my extra hose coiled on the roof at the ready. The pressure from my tinaco really didn't cut the mustard but helped somewhat.

So, what's your fire plan? It's too hot too early and everything is very dry. Just a heads up.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

You can't make an ash out of me Empty Re: You can't make an ash out of me

Post by Tday Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:59 am

Wow, glad it turned out OK. I just realized we don't even have a fire extinguisher in the house. Top of my list today. Thanks for a reminder ferret.

Tday
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down