INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need passport to travel in Mexico as residente permanente ?

5 posters

Go down

need passport to travel in Mexico as residente permanente ? Empty need passport to travel in Mexico as residente permanente ?

Post by twelveoaks Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Thanks to all of you who have replied to all of my dumb questions in the past. Here is another one !

I am a U.S. citizen but am residente permanente in Mexico. I will be flying from Guadalajara to Puerto Vallarta and NOT leaving Mexico.

My question is: do I need to take my passport or will my residente permanente visa suffice ?

Thanks again !

twelveoaks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

need passport to travel in Mexico as residente permanente ? Empty Re: need passport to travel in Mexico as residente permanente ?

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:18 pm

When travelling domestically I have never needed my passport. I have used my resident card and Jalisco DL. However that being said I usually do take my passport as it may be required in an emergency situation.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

need passport to travel in Mexico as residente permanente ? Empty Re: need passport to travel in Mexico as residente permanente ?

Post by Gamina Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:28 pm

Take a COPY of the face page of your passport.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:29 pm

oop a dup
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:50 pm

Unless it is nortorized a copy of a passport is not usable as ID.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:59 pm

Yes,and it can't be a color copy.

When I travel in MX I carry my passport and INM card. If there is any kind of an emergency or accident they will want to see both and if not available it will be a huge hassle. The Highway Patrol can stop and ask for immigration status. Besides, it's Mexico - anything can happen.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:23 pm

Banks don't take copies of Passports as ID, I found out at CiBanco a week ago. So if the ATM machine has a problem & take card to window for cashier withdrawal, MUST be passport not copy. (P.s. the continuing problems of the CiBanco ATM machine has to do with running out of 500 notes.. when that happens, the machine will not disperse anything over 5000 pesos, in 200 notes. Can be done twice, if 10K needed.)

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down