INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Residente Temporal - process at GDL airport

3 posters

Go down

Residente Temporal - process at GDL airport Empty Residente Temporal - process at GDL airport

Post by Cincy Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:05 am

I have a Residente Temporal visa and tomorrow will be flying to the US.  Is there anything "special" (filling out forms, showing my temporal card to anyone, etc.) I need to do at the airport when leaving Mexico so that I don't lose that status or my card?  

Thanks!
Cincy's Wife

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Residente Temporal - process at GDL airport Empty Re: Residente Temporal - process at GDL airport

Post by David Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:47 am

Fill out an FMM form and write RES Temp on the top. Take it to the INM office at the airport. The airline will take part of the form. Put the other part with your passport for your return. Upon return give the INM officer your passport, FMM card, and Res Temp card.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Residente Temporal - process at GDL airport Empty Re: Residente Temporal - process at GDL airport

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:07 pm

Further to David's post you can get the blank FMM form at the INM office (at the airport) and fill it all out right there. It is important to do this correctly.

DO NOT FILL OUT ANOTHER FMM (Tourist visa) ON YOUR RETURN FLIGHT!! ONLY USE THE PORTION THAT YOU WILL BE GIVEN WHEN YOU DEPART!!

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Residente Temporal - process at GDL airport Empty Exiting Mexico (GDL) as Residente Temporal

Post by Cincy Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:31 am

Process:

1) Go to INM window at the very end of the airline check-in windows near the arrivals exit.
2) If necessary knock and shout through the window to get someone's attention.
3) Ask for the appropriate form - I think there is only one.
4) Fill out the lower portion at the INM window - the upper portion can be filled out later.  Write something like "RES TEMP" in bold lettering along the top of the upper portion.
5) Repeat step 2) Hand the form back to the attendant and get it date stamped.  This is important for the next step!
6) Airline Check-in:  Show passport, INM card and stamped INM form.  The airline will remove the lower portion and keep it.  The upper portion must be kept with your passport, filled out, and handed in on return to Mexico.  Do not fill out the top portion of another form since the upper/lower serial numbers will not match.

Note:  A boarding pass will not be released if the INM form is not stamped!

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:41 am

Sounds about right although I've never had to do step 2......jaja. You must have been there very early?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down