INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Putting up a negative review of a restaurant, store, business, etc.

+9
Flamingo
gringal
esga
Clete
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
Clueless
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Putting up a negative review of a restaurant, store, business, etc. - Page 2 Empty Re: Putting up a negative review of a restaurant, store, business, etc.

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:45 pm

"Clueless" starts a thread almost exactly one year ago and "Problem Child" revives it a year later.

The quest for knowledge is never ending.

Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Putting up a negative review of a restaurant, store, business, etc. - Page 2 Empty Re: Putting up a negative review of a restaurant, store, business, etc.

Post by ltollefs Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:20 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:"Clueless" starts a thread almost exactly one year ago and "Problem Child" revives it a year later.

Perhaps Eric Blair will honor us with a few words. Something along the lines of "Two legs good, forelegs, er, forelocks, nope, forecast, um, Forest Whitaker, Damn! (sorry), Four legs gooder, bestest, crikey!, better."
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:44 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:"Clueless" starts a thread almost exactly one year ago and "Problem Child" revives it a year later.

The quest for attention is never ever ending.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:42 am

ltollefs wrote:A threat? Surely not. Merely being suggestive of the myriad potentialities that may ensue should PC continue his campaign of vitriol, the veracity of which, I contest.
What is this, big word day?
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:15 am

I think we can reduce the matter to "be careful what you put in writing"...always, and in all situations, including social media like Facebook as well as sites like this.  It is "forever" and can haunt you later.
Suspect

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:05 am

Read my website on your friend and tell me then I'm not justified in my feelings or when was right.

Feel free to stop over any time.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:13 pm

Problem Child wrote:Read my website on your friend and tell me then I'm not justified in my feelings or when was right.

If you're referring to the vet, my reading of it was that you were implying less than good intentions on vet's part, as opposed to lack of skill in execution of the surgery. There is a big difference between incompetent handling of a task and ill intentions. Personally, I have found that mistakes made by docs and vets happen, but without malice. I do understand your feelings of loss, but I can't see the value in badmouthing the vet, repeatedly. If you had grounds for a lawsuit, why didn't you pursue that route instead?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:47 pm

gringal wrote:
Problem Child wrote:Read my website on your friend and tell me then I'm not justified in my feelings or when was right.

If you're referring to the vet, my reading of it was that you were implying less than good intentions on vet's part, as opposed to lack of skill in execution of the surgery.  There is a big difference between incompetent handling of a task and ill intentions. Personally, I have found that mistakes made by docs and vets happen, but without malice.  I do understand your feelings of loss, but I can't see the value in badmouthing the vet, repeatedly. If you had grounds for a lawsuit, why didn't you pursue that route instead?

Your point is very well taken.

Now I will tell you something I didn't put about the Vet. I do NOT attribute malice to the Vet, it was negligence/incompetence. Human error that happens.

about 20 years ago I had a Quad CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Grafts). I was told the doctor was Board Certified. He wasn't. He was Board qualified. The procedure failed (string sign) and it was concluded the failure was due to "Surgical Technique." I was awarded US$250,000, which was the cap on non-compensatory damages. When the dust cleared, the now Board Certified surgeon came up to me and simply said, "I'm sorry," and extended his hand. I shook his hand an said, "Thank you."

When I found the error the Vet made, I went to her and said Dr. Ladron had taken the the case and how he was handling it. I asked why she did not do a clear margin and a flap procedure. She gave her reason, which showed her inadequate knowledge. She then said, and I'm quoting. "Well, the dog didn't die, did it?" Not any condolences, no words of support. She didn't understand this "Dog" had a name, "Probe." She was one of my three adopted "children." I love dogs, and in the last decade, I have supported those organizations that have helped stray, abandoned and abused goes, in Mexico, the U.A. and India. I have supported organizations that train and provide guide dogs to blind people. But don't believe me, challenge me to prove my words. Pick a restaurant for coffee or whatever, and I will bring some of the "Thank you" letters I have received, going back to 2004.

When I went to Dr. Ladron about the second tumor, I got a lot of information. The Vet had told me she had "trained" with Dr. Ladron, he said she was a groomer, occasionally she would bring towels or hold a dog, but he never trained her.

I told the vet I felt I was entitled to a refund. Dr. Ladorn is highly qualified, and not near cheap. Her reply was, "I did the work and I'm not giving you a refund."

This is where my hostility came from.

I didn't file a lawsuit because first, in the eyes of Mexican (and American) law, the dog was just a piece of property, and at best, all I could get was my money back.

In thinking about what I said above, I ask you to replace the "dog" in the story with the name of one of your children or Grandchildren, or any living thing you truly love. Does that shade anything differently?

I came down here as who I am. I never lied or reinvented myself. I also brought with me, my belief system, and that includes that often the principle of the matter is more important than the subject. If one doesn't like that, blame my Mother.

There have been many instances in the last year when I have been tempted to post things I felt would help people. Where I was ripped off; found fraud, found incorrect pricing; incompetent people, etc. I haven't done this anymore since I am tired of the sh*t from Lady O and her entourage. You want to know anything relevant to anything, just ask me. Not that I reall care what people think of me; I know me and I'm more positive than negative, at least according to my wife and two remaining children. To Lady O and her people, I'll say what has been said to me here several times: GET A LIFE.

Treat me fairly, and I will do the same and more to you. Steal from me, and you will pay a price. Hurt me or one I love out of greed, and I'm not talking about the Vet, and I will look to the system, yes, even the Mexican system, for some sort of justice.

Finally I suggest, if "you," whoever "you" be, have nasty things to say to/about me, why not send a PM or go to the Octagon? Maybe it's because you need attention?

If you need some guidance, I recommend Matthew 7:2

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2