INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inteeresting story

3 posters

Go down

Inteeresting story Empty Inteeresting story

Post by Clueless Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:56 pm

$72,000 medical bill in Mexico for tourist

I'm not doubted that the surgery was needed, and probably saved the woman's life.

I can't understand the embassy telling the kids not go come and get the lady but save the $$ to pay the medical bill.

I remember, possibly Spencer, saying a hospital can't stop someone from leaving because the bill isn't paid up.

Sad story.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Inteeresting story Empty Re: Inteeresting story

Post by gringal Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:57 am

More easily said than done.  Several years ago, a helpful neighbor took her neighbor to Hospital del Carmen, where the neighbor died in the ER.
The good Samaritan was given a hard time by the hospital when she was unwilling to pay the bill.  A relative did fly down and took care of it, but what a PITA experience.

Having had the hospital experience recently (last week) at another Guad hospital, I know that my husband had to sign his life away at the reception desk on multiple sheets, and since my old Good Samaritan friend was not a good Spanish speaker and/or may or may not have understood what she was signing, that may be the reason they could hassle her.

BTW, I'm fine.  It was an overnight stay for a newer procedure by a neurosurgeon who, hopefully, fixed three bad disks in my back which have made me miserable for years and gotten in the way of life, badly.  I get the stitches out next week.  Anyone with back problems who, like me, isn't willing to face the idea of full out orthopedic surgery under a general anesthetic, can get the name and more information by PM'ing me.  If this worked, it's the next thing to a milagro.
I had heard all about full orthopedic surgery from my recently passed away friend David. He had it done several years ago by the best. It was a long hospital stay and six months of physical therapy before he could play his beloved golf again. At least he did have a pretty good run with it for the last years.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by K2tog Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:08 am

gringal wrote:More easily said than done.  Several years ago, a helpful neighbor took her neighbor to Hospital del Carmen, where the neighbor died in the ER.
The good Samaritan was given a hard time by the hospital when she was unwilling to pay the bill.  A relative did fly down and took care of it, but what a PITA experience.

Having had the hospital experience recently (last week) at another Guad hospital, I know that my husband had to sign his life away at the reception desk on multiple sheets, and since my old Good Samaritan friend was not a good Spanish speaker and/or may or may not have understood what she was signing, that may be the reason they could hassle her.

BTW, I'm fine.  It was an overnight stay for a newer procedure by a neurosurgeon who, hopefully, fixed three bad disks in my back which have made me miserable for years and gotten in the way of life, badly.  I get the stitches out next week.  Anyone with back problems who, like me, isn't willing to face the idea of full out orthopedic surgery under a general anesthetic, can get the name and more information by PM'ing me.  If this worked, it's the next thing to a milagro.
I had heard all about full orthopedic surgery from my recently passed away friend David. He had it done several years ago by the best. It was a long hospital stay and six months of physical therapy before he could play his beloved golf again.   At  least he did have a pretty good run with it for the last years.
Beer

Are you talking about Pattie Mee?
K2tog
K2tog

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:18 am

No. Her name was Harriett. She moved back NOB since. Family.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down