INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New requirements for renewing 2018 car tag

+20
holdrja
RAS
martygraw
Ezzie
barbicheesecake
Intercasa
cypress
Rosa Venus
slainte39
Ocelot
Kiri
David
Zea
brigitte
ferret
CanuckBob
Trailrunner
mexbound
SunshineyDay
sm1mex
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New requirements for renewing 2018 car tag  Empty New requirements for renewing 2018 car tag

Post by sm1mex Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:14 pm

We went today.  Given a piece of paper requesting your name, RFC#, CURP#, tag# and your email address.  Waited one hour in line and one hour in the chairs.  It is really slow because they have to enter all of this information in the system.  Some people had several tags to do and were at the counter for almost an hour. They had 3 workers but one went on break for a while so have patience.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New requirements for renewing 2018 car tag  Empty Re: New requirements for renewing 2018 car tag

Post by SunshineyDay Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:25 pm

Did they request passport or visa? Also I heard they want to know the color of your house. Which begs the question. Can I repaint a different color between registration? :)

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New requirements for renewing 2018 car tag  Empty Re: New requirements for renewing 2018 car tag

Post by mexbound Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:36 pm

Hmmm, I do not have an RFC#. So I can't renew my car tag?

mexbound

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:39 pm

No passport, no visa, no color of your house. The piece of paper given by the officer to every one (about 60 people when we were there) only had 5 lines: Name, RFC#, CURP#, tag# and email address.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:42 pm

My insurance agent got my RFC # via computer. Have your agent pull up yours and print it for you. (I don't know the web site)You will need it for your car sticker renewal.
If you ever need to request a factura (proof of payment) you will need a RFC#.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:34 am

Thanks for this, sm1mex. Please remind me what an RFC# is. . . 

Also, how does the discount payment schedule go again? We pay by the end of January and . . .

tia
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:39 am

I think if you pay by the end of Jan it is a 15% discount, by end of Feb a 10% discount and by end of Mar a 5% discount. After that no discount. January is going to be pretty busy with the need to enter all this new information. I'll be shooting for the 10% or 5% discount in the hopes the line ups have died down.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:53 am

Yeah, I agree. I just read more info on TOB and I'm thinking I'll wait as the discounts are pretty insignificant but the lines and crowds are not insignificant!

Still don't understand the RFC thing though, if it's a tax number I don't pay taxes and don't have that number. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:06 am

The logic also escapes me Trailrunner. Seems like they're handing out RFC numbers like candy for the purpose of collecting taxes BUT?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:22 am

I have had a RFC for 15 years and never paid tax. One day the tax dept asked to speak with me, I went to their office by the abastos i Guadaljara and still do not pay taxes. I cannot collet from the health ins without RFC, I need RFC for facturas..no big deal..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zea Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:32 am

I have a CURP but not a RFC.  Looks like it is easy to get an RFC - all online.  
Here's the page on SAT's website:  
http://www.sat.gob.mx/informacion_fiscal/tramites/inscripcion_rfc/Paginas/default.aspx

And here's a step-by-step guide with screenshots of the process:
http://www.sat.gob.mx/informacion_fiscal/tramites/inscripcion_rfc/Documents/Guia_Inscripcion_CURP_18072017.pdf

Zea

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:37 am

Okay. There is also something about selling your house and requiring that CFE and Telmex have your RFC number? For what purpose if you're not renting out your house? I only know that the person that I bought my house from changed the accounts into my name and then had to change them back into her name because neither one had her RFC number... but I still don't understand the why's of that transaction. Just that it was a pain in the butt for me to have to change them again into my name.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:04 am

If husband and wifes name are on the registration are they asking for info for both?
Would be nice to know so I do not have to wait and then be told wifes info is necessary.
Nice notification?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:07 am

If you ever require a facture you need an RFC #. You may already have one and don't know it. Someone mentioned getting theirs from their insurance company. Perhaps to get insurance you need one and the insurance companies sign you up? I have one because of my business. Spencer did it online for me a few years ago (or at least found the one I may have already had).

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:16 am

You can get your RFC and CURP online yourself.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:17 am

Health insurance... car insurance? Don't have health insurance and would never qualify for it.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:53 am

RFC is a tax I.D. number for Mexico. The letters stand for Registro Federal de Contribuyentes. The Mexican Tax Administration Service assigns a unique number for each person. I do not pay Mexican taxes but I do have to have an RFC number for my insurance facturas, ro any factura, and now for car tag renewal.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:05 am

P.I.T.A.
I asked this one on TOB too. My car registration is in both names as in "either/or". Last year they didn't care that my husband had died. NOW WHAT? I really, really wish that these official government agencies would get their $hit together.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:26 am

We are both on our car information, but they only entered one persons required information. Go figure ??

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:19 am

sm1mex wrote:My insurance agent got my RFC # via computer.  Have your agent pull up yours and print it for you.  (I don't know the web site)You will need it for your car sticker renewal.
If you ever need to request a factura (proof of payment) you will need a RFC#.

Mine wants to charge me 600 pesos for the number...I see it printed on the insurance policy?
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:22 pm

My insurance agent got mine for me on line years ago as I had to have it for my medical insurance claims, which I have had several. You also need it to get facturas from farmacias for your medications to turn into insurance for reimbursement.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocelot Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:29 pm

I did it myself online this morning. Since some of the information is on record from the CURP #, it was fairly easy. They did want to know to the colour of my house, cross street and any other house identifying information I could come up with and then it issued an official looking form.
Ocelot
Ocelot

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:02 pm

ferret wrote:Okay. There is also something about selling your house and requiring that CFE and Telmex have your RFC number? For what purpose if you're not renting out your house?

There is the possibility that anyone selling or transferring property could be subject to ISR (usually called capital gains by foreigners), and the Notario Publico must file a report on every sale or change he supervises, whether that (ISR liability) is the case or not.
All property will eventually be sold.......or transferred to survivors.
Rental income is a different aspect altogether.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:25 pm

Thanks Slainte. Also thanks to Sonia who posted this link on TOB and clearly stated what I needed to know.
http://www.soniadiaz.mx/real-estate.html

"As of December 1, 2015, an RFC is now required for all real estate sellers and in addition that number must be on their utility bill. That means obtaining the number from SAT and then having it registered with CFE and / or TelMex so it appears on their bill to have the proper evidence for Capital Gains Tax exclusion.  

Anyone who is thinking of listing a property for sale should as soon as possible obtain an RFC and have it on TelMex and CFE bills."
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:08 pm

Slainte is exactly correct as far as (especially foreigners) who want to sell their house. I work in RE, and when a foreigner tells me they want to sell their property I ask:

Question #1: Do you have a resident visa? (Permanente or at least Temporal.)

Question #2: Do you have a CURP and an RFC#? You need them, and they need to be registered/reflected on your Telmex and/or CFE bill(s) depending upon potential tax liability upon sale.

It's all about ISR, "Impuestos Sobre la Renta", a punishing tax unless you qualify for exemption(s). (Yes, it's referred to as "Capital Gains Tax" by some...it's a misnomer.)

My take is Mexico is getting serious about collecting taxes, and it's not about foreigners. The mechanics of deliberate and serious tax collection from as many people as possible are getting placed into the Mexican Government system. (Remember when we had to get a CURP # just to have a cell phone? jajajaja!)

Maybe it's the recognition that the country can't rely so much on PEMEX going forward? I dunno, just speculating.

Whoa. Sorry. Back to renewing you car license plate...sorry!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next