INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a friend

5 posters

Go down

I have a friend Empty I have a friend

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:41 pm

who is going to start a service for folks who need help shopping, driving to doctor's appointments, cleaning their homes, changing diapers and whatever else, elderly, home bound folks might need. Do you think this will fly? Zoey

Back to top Go down

I have a friend Empty Re: I have a friend

Post by Carry Bean Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:25 pm

Mexican or NOB type? I would assume it would depend on the costs.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:01 pm

CB, not sure if I understand your question. She is a gringa, but will have female, bilingual Mexicans on board. Is that what you meant? Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 3:18 pm

bump

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu May 06, 2010 9:06 am

If I were in a position that I was homebound, etc. I'd hire someone like that but is that service already available?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu May 06, 2010 9:57 am

Carry Bean wrote:If I were in a position that I was homebound, etc. I'd hire someone like that but is that service already available?

Zoey, you mentioned that she is a gringa. Step one: Will she be able to get a work permit for this service, since it sounds like work a Mexican citizen could do...in which case it would be very difficult.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu May 06, 2010 9:57 am

[duplicate post

Last edited by gringal on Fri May 07, 2010 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : duplicate)

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 5:46 pm

gringal wrote:
Carry Bean wrote:If I were in a position that I was homebound, etc. I'd hire someone like that but is that service already available?

Zoey, you mentioned that she is a gringa. Step one: Will she be able to get a work permit for this service, since it sounds like work a Mexican citizen could do...in which case it would be very difficult.

Answer to both

Carry Bean, that service is available on a limited basis down here, but as more and more of us age, more folks are needed. It is also not offered by many foriegners and a lot of the Mexicans that do this have a very limited ability to speak English and almost all of the folks who do need this service have an even more limited ability to speak Spanish. She has also lined up at lest two Mexican, fairly bi-lingual, women who will assist her, as the need arises. Zoey

Gringal, she is going to be sponsored for her work permit by a Mexican who owns a company who offers complete home repairs, etc. and wants to expand his offerings. He is fairly influential in the area and anticipates no problem in getting her a work permit to be affiliated with his company. She absolutely wants to do this above board and legally and she has already received legal advice on how to go about this. She also has two folks on her waiting list who are willing to pay her for her services, but takes no money from them until she can legally do so. Just looks out for them and gets a bottle of wine, etc. for her kindnesses to them. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 06, 2010 5:50 pm

That sounds great. I agree that more and more of this type of service will be required. After all, us aging folks are a growth industry.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Thu May 06, 2010 6:17 pm

I have a friend who is Mexican and is bi-lingual (speaking,reading and writing) and has a business helping people with shopping, driving to doctor's appointments, translating, house/pet sitting, etc.

Contact Anthony Ramirez by e-mail
a.ramirez.in.chapala@gmail.com

or call his cell at 045 331 172 4834
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 6:33 pm

David wrote:That sounds great. I agree that more and more of this type of service will be required. After all, us aging folks are a growth industry.

And look at the amazing growth in assisted living faciilities. I think they have more than doubled in the five years that I have been here. Just hope somebody has room for me when my time come for that need, if it does. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 6:47 pm

lunateak wrote:I have a friend who is Mexican and is bi-lingual (speaking,reading and writing) and has a business helping people with shopping, driving to doctor's appointments, translating, house/pet sitting, etc.

Contact Anthony Ramirez by e-mail
a.ramirez.in.chapala@gmail.com

or call his cell at 045 331 172 4834

Thanks, luna for your input and supporting your friend. My friend is months away from getting up and going, Right now in the investigation process.

What does Antonio charge for his services? Does he have an hourly rate? Does it differ on what the task is? Does he have his own vehicle? Where does he live? I hope you give us more info on him, as some of us who may need his services, might hesitate to call until we know more. I am trying to line someone like him up in the event that I need to go to an IMSS hospital, and need someone to stay with me and help with interpretation. Is that something he might do? Is he sophisticated enough in English to understand medical terms in Sapnish and translate them to me in English? The more info you give us the more helpful you will be to him, as I know you to be a credible source. Of course, you can always tell us to give him a call oursleves, but lots of folks will not do that.

Thanks for any additional info about Antonio, and let us all continue to help our Mexican friends. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Fri May 07, 2010 11:33 pm

Anthony lives in Riberas and has his own vehicle. Some jobs are a flat rate and others are by the hour. I suggest you call him as he's very easy to speak with.

He has taken me to Guadalajara for medical tests, resolved problems with the phone company and translated numerous times with tradespeople for me.

He has translated documents for others, taken them to IMSS, banks, shopping, etc. He has house/pet sat for other friends. Painted, landscaped, gardened, cleaned pools, you name it.

His motto is " Helping you communicate with the community".
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sat May 08, 2010 6:46 am

We've used Anthony several times for translating and recommend him. On one of his visits to our home he noticed a couple of security flaws and showed us some easy fixes which we did immediately. On another occasion our friend 'nervous' Nellie, who would only drive when she absolutely had to, had her biggest fear realized when she was pulled over by the police. So she calls Anthony, hands the phone to the cop and viola, no problemo. Now Nellie is nervous no more, which is kinda poetic. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by oncesubtle on Sat May 08, 2010 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 2:07 pm

Wow, these are incredible recommendations. Thanks for elaborating. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content