INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cat food

3 posters

Go down

Cat food Empty Cat food

Post by oncesubtle Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:37 pm

Doing basic research into all things gato, surprised to find and happy to know the very worst moist/canned/packaged cat food is better than the very best dry cat food. Of course the benefits of moist cat foods can vary widely depending on price and manufacturer as does the age of your cat etc.. Diet is critical to the health and well being of your furry four legged family member so take a few and do your research. Your cat will be forever grateful and it will be obvious.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Cat food Empty Re: Cat food

Post by David Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:57 pm

We feed both.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:48 am

Where are you doing your research? I bred purebred show cats back in the day and canned was always considered a poor substitute since is it mostly gravy and dry is good for cleaning teeth. Back then I fed mostly raw meat with supplements.

I think what is most important is: protein is listed as the first ingredient on the label, and the meat/poultry is identified by name. Avoid by-products
The food is grain-free (no rice, barley, or any other grains) or at least no corn or soy that is being used to count as protein.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:38 am

Did this bit of lite reading at Catinfo.org - by Lisa A. Pierson DMV. Also, you might find interest in her background and education by clicking on 'How Catinfo came to be' on the home page.

With your experience I'd be real interested in getting your take on this. I want the very best for our furry family members whatever it may be. tx
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down