INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much is a 24 of Corona Extra here in Lakeside?

+12
Trailrunner
martygraw
SunshineyDay
Clete
viejito
brigitte
ferret
Bill Phillips
Ezzie
CanuckBob
slainte39
suegarn
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How much is a 24 of Corona Extra here in Lakeside? Empty How much is a 24 of Corona Extra here in Lakeside?

Post by suegarn Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:58 pm

In Ontario, Canada, even at Costco they're paying over $28.00 CDN for a 24! drunk

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

How much is a 24 of Corona Extra here in Lakeside? Empty Re: How much is a 24 of Corona Extra here in Lakeside?

Post by slainte39 Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:05 pm

I think Corona boxes their beer here in 12's or 20's, so take that into your consideration.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

How much is a 24 of Corona Extra here in Lakeside? Empty Re: How much is a 24 of Corona Extra here in Lakeside?

Post by CanuckBob Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:36 am

24 Corona here are about $280 ($19.83 CDN) mas o memos. In BC, 12 Corona are $24.00 CDN. Looks like a good deal in Ontario.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:10 am

Surely you are kidding, right??  Have you been to Ontario lately?

Check the Brewer's Retail web site for current Ontario prices..

24x 355 ml. cans - $47.95 + HST = $54.18 CDN
24x 473 ml. cans - $60.95 + HST = $68.87 CDN
24x 207 ml. bottles - $31.95 + HST = $36.10 CDN
24x 330 ml. bottles - $49.95 + HST = $56.44 CDN

When did they start selling beer (alcohol versions) at Costco in Ontario?  Maybe something new???

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:30 am

Perhaps she meant a 12pk?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:28 am

From Ontario's "Beer Store":

24 × Bottle 330 ml $49.95
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:52 am

Is Corona made in Ontario?

And, I don't suppose anyone wants to know that in 1996, a six pack of Corona cost 6 pesos at any local mom and pop store. Wish I'd taken a picture of the sign at the time.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:27 am

It used to be one of the cheapos.. no more...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viejito Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:33 pm

Maybe not cost wise but quality wise it's cheapo. As a friend once said, any beer that tastes better with a lime in it is pretty awful beer. Most Mexican I know step up to Modelo Especial. Beer

viejito

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:23 pm

I agree with that - one of the most awful beers in Mexico I have tasted. However - Corona makes a wonderful beer - the "Familiar" that comes in the large (1 liter) brown bottles only. Too bad they don't export that one.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clete Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:27 pm

Ezzie wrote:I agree with that - one of the most awful beers in Mexico I have tasted.  However - Corona makes a wonderful beer - the "Familiar" that comes in the large (1 liter) brown bottles only.  Too bad they don't export that one.

Same beer just a different bottle. And yes I know about lightstruck beer.

But then again Modelo Especial comes in a clear bottle and according to vIEJITO, that is the brew most of his Mexican acquaintances "step up" to! I happen to like it, too.

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Both of my stepsons like El Indio. Their wives like Corona.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:02 pm

Victoria is mejor!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:44 pm

A few years back while vacationing in N/W On. I found myself in the liquor store in Winnipeg, I spied a 12 pack of Pacifico, not thinking I placed 3 cases in my cart. Got to the checkout and the price was $ 115.00
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:08 pm

lol
You surely weren't in Joco!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:53 pm

Sorry, I have to disagree.  Corona "Familiar" and Corona "Extra" according to my taste buds are different beers.  The "Familiar" in the large 32 oz. brown bottles (caguama - - or big turtle) to my palate has a richer and slightly sweeter taste than the Corona Extra in the clear bottles - I find "Extra" slightly more bitter and almost "skunky" - that's why you need to put lime in it!!! Most awful beer of all of the Mexican beers I drink. My palate prefers others such as Modelo Especial or Estrella or Dos Equis Lager.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clete Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:22 pm

Ezzie wrote:Sorry, I have to disagree.  Corona "Familiar" and Corona "Extra" according to my taste buds are different beers.  The "Familiar" in the large 32 oz. brown bottles (caguama - - or big turtle) to my palate has a richer and slightly sweeter taste than the Corona Extra in the clear bottles - I find "Extra" slightly more bitter and almost "skunky" - that's why you need to put lime in it!!!  Most awful beer of all of the Mexican beers I drink.  My palate prefers others such as Modelo Especial or Estrella or Dos Equis Lager.

Your taste buds are playing tricks on you. It is the same beer in a different bottle. The term "familiar" simply refers to the size of the container. They are both Corona Extra. The term "familiar" is also used by soft drink companies to denote the size of the container, Coca-Cola familiar, Pepsi familiar.

https://goo.gl/images/p4xMZe

Caguama around here, ballena in the north, are simply nicknames for the size (940ml). They also bottle it in a size they call "Mega" which is 1.2L.

"Corona Extra is available in a variety of bottled presentations, ranging from the 250 ml (8.5 U.S. fl oz; 8.8 imp fl oz) ampolleta (labeled Coronita and just referred as the cuartito) up to the 940 ml (31.8 U.S. fl oz; 33.1 imp fl oz) Corona Familiar (known as the Familiar or Litro or caguama). Corona Mega is now available in a 1.2 liter bottle. "

Here is a link to all of the different brands that Grupo Modelo markets. You won't find a brand "Corona Familiar".

https://www.gmodelo.mx/marcas.html#prod=1

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:41 am

Ezzie wrote:Sorry, I have to disagree.  Corona "Familiar" and Corona "Extra" according to my taste buds are different beers.  The "Familiar" in the large 32 oz. brown bottles....
What you are tasting is the difference between light struck beer in the clear bottle and non-light struck beer in the brown bottle. Light struck beer has a skunky taste and odor and is in fact damaged beer. Strangely, many people (giingos!) seem to have acquired a taste for skunked beer.
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:54 am

Bohemia is now producing an IPA which to my mind is one of the best beers you can drink. It is high in both alcohol (6.4%) and IBU'S. Not cheap however, 6pack is just over 100 pesos.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:31 am

mattoleriver wrote:
Ezzie wrote:Sorry, I have to disagree.  Corona "Familiar" and Corona "Extra" according to my taste buds are different beers.  The "Familiar" in the large 32 oz. brown bottles....
What you are tasting is the difference between light struck beer in the clear bottle and non-light struck beer in the brown bottle. Light struck beer has a skunky taste and odor and is in fact damaged beer. Strangely, many people (giingos!) seem to have acquired a taste for skunked beer.

Why does Hieniken (green bottle) taste skunky yet Miller (clear bottle) does not?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:42 am

Familiar = having to do with family; ie: family sized bottle.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clete Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:09 pm

mattoleriver wrote:

Corona is the biggest selling beer in Mexico so I guess locals also enjoy it. And not all Mexican Corona drinkers use lime.

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clete Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:15 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
mattoleriver wrote:

Why does Hieniken (green bottle) taste skunky yet Miller (clear bottle) does not?

Then you have Modelo Especial in a clear bottle also and it doesn't taste off to me. What about canned Corona Extra or Heiniken? No light getting in to alter the taste in cans. Blind taste tests have been made and canned beer usually comes out on top.

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:00 pm

Just to change the subject slightly what about empties?

Some bottles are marked non-returnable....others not?

Is there a deposit fee paid? is there a bottle return value?

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:19 pm

I believe the twist top bottles are not returnable and the pop tops are returned for a deposit refund.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next