INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock

+6
gringal
CanuckBob
Andreana
slainte39
mtech1950
Sherman
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock

Post by Sherman Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:51 am

cypress wrote:I know of one on Calle Pavo in Guadalajara-south of the historic center. An old established business that guarantees their work.  If you want the details I can give them to you. I doubt if they would travel out here.

Omega is located just south of the historic district also ... he charged me $500mx for a transportation. He was here at 9:00 am and scheduled the 'drop off' in August for 9:00 am. He did not hesitate to come lakeside.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock - Page 2 Empty Grandmother clock repaired and returned to it's home

Post by Sherman Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:32 pm

Sherman wrote:
cypress wrote:I know of one on Calle Pavo in Guadalajara-south of the historic center. An old established business that guarantees their work.  If you want the details I can give them to you. I doubt if they would travel out here.

Omega is located just south of the historic district also ...  he charged me $500mx for a transportation.  He was here at 9:00 am and scheduled the 'drop off' in August for 9:00 am.  He did not hesitate to come lakeside.

From Jose gomez, my clock has just been returned after a month.
It is up and running, with a one year written guarantee.
Cost was $7500 for service, pick and delivery.
He speaks no English, so some Spanish is needed.

He returned on schedule on the date and time he said. Called the day before to let me know he would be here as scheduled.

Since everything seemed to be ok, as he was leaving I sent with him an antique German wall clock, which I will pick up in a month.
All of his contact information is listed in this thread.
His shop is fairly easy to find if you use 'maps' or 'google maps'.

S. mariachi

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock

Post by David Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:47 am

Sr. Gomez is a consumate professional! Based on Sherman's experience above I contaced Sr. Gomez concerning the repair of a mantle clock that's over 100 years old. He came, on time, inspected it and said the cost would be $4000 Pesos and it would be returned 3 weeks later. He called to confirm the return date and time and delivered it in perfect working order. He took away my other mantle clock for cleaning and adjustment. I am SO happy to have found a competent person to maintain our antique clocks and good watches too!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:31 am

It seems Sr. Gomez and Sr. Fuentes have separated since I last used Omega several years ago.  Both are extremely knowledgeable technical experts when it comes to clocks. As I said before, I had a pendulum clock that the jeweler on 16 de sep in Ajijic and the person across from the bus station in Chapala (who has since passed away), worked on, but couldn't repair satisfactorily.
These two were able to and the clock has worked perfectly ever since.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2