INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burglary at gunpoint, resident killed.

+7
hickton
Trailrunner
gringal
Carry Bean
slainte39
CanuckBob
perro dulce
11 posters

Go down

Burglary at gunpoint, resident killed. Empty Burglary at gunpoint, resident killed.

Post by perro dulce Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:52 pm

Please view this thread:

http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/64110-censorship-murder-lake-chapalas-economy/

When did this crime occur?
Details?
We were alerted by an area Physician.

perro dulce

Back to top Go down

Burglary at gunpoint, resident killed. Empty Re: Burglary at gunpoint, resident killed.

Post by CanuckBob Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:39 pm

You were alerted to what?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Burglary at gunpoint, resident killed. Empty Re: Burglary at gunpoint, resident killed.

Post by slainte39 Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:27 pm

This would be a great area for writers to make up fiction to fit all the rumors and "unsubstantiated information".
Conspiracy theories seem to be the great growth item around the world these days.  Easier than the truth and doesn't require a lot of investigation and the internet is a willing component. (and espiritu del lago, too Very Happy )
A lot of potential "believers" out there, just waiting for the next "fix".
There are "truth" censors hiding behind every "tree?" Suspect (preventing the real story).

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:32 pm

If a gringo was the the victim, it would be talked about all over.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:53 pm

Yep and that is a sad statement particularly if a Mexican citizen was killed and the "serial dog killer" is getting more press and attention from the authorities.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:02 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yep and that is a sad statement particularly if a Mexican citizen was killed and the "serial dog killer" is getting more press and attention from the authorities.

Yes, but that does tell you where their heads are at.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:07 pm

Yep......that's the sad part.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:31 pm

Very little happens in any barrio or neighborhood, especially crime, more especially murder, that isn't instantly known throughout the area because of the close proximity of neighbors, large family relationships in all the villages, and the normal social fabric structure of Mexican culture and society.
If the English speaking community isn't informed it's because they rely on one English language weekly newspaper (there isn't any English language TV or radio), don't have any, or little, interaction with Mexican friends or family, or they are  checking web boards that only serve a small pct. of the foreign community.
You can't know what goes on in a community if you are not absorbed or immersed, at least partially, into that community.
Totally ex-pat groups and organizations are probably the last "receivers" of that kind of information unless the victim(s) were ex-pats.

Try making a rule to converse with 10 Mexicans who have lived here locally most of their lives (neighnors, friends, employees, business owners) before your ex-pat connections each day.  lol! If you don't speak Spanish, there are a lot of English speaking Mexicans.

No absorption.....no inclusion.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:34 pm

Well said, Slainte.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:50 pm

So was there a Mexican victim? I assume not since even ex-pats who are immersed in the community are saying anything about it.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:54 pm

I was at a large Halloween party Saturday (50 to 100 adults and kids, all Mexican), and they asked me what is going on in the North American community.
Like I should know? lol!
Only what I read on these web boards, and that ain't much.
So I guess it works both ways.  I always tell them.....no gringo here is voting for Trump.  That makes them happy and at least have false contentment.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:02 pm

Carry Bean wrote:So was there a Mexican victim?  I assume not since even ex-pats who are immersed in the community are saying anything about it.

Well my Mexican family or others that I have talked to, who are living here and have businesses, have not heard about it. But that doesn't mean it couldn't have happened. I'm just reluctant to spread information that I don't believe are reliable sources (because of their vagueness).

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:36 am

Too many expats with head in the sand and living their dream in so called paradise. they should get out more !

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:12 am

In response to the OP. Whether this is what you are referring to I can't say, but for what it's worth.

"
She also knows people who were friends with the recently murdered Canadians, and had friends who witnessed the June, 2011, murder of Stephen Christopher Kahr, 69, who was shot in broad daylight while taking groceries out of his trunk. Mr. Kahr’s wife and son witnessed the shooting, and narrowly avoided being killed also. The family quickly sold their property and got out of Ajijic, never to return.

“If two sets of our friends had close neighbours murdered in the past two years I would say that murder is not that rare in Ajijic,” she says. “Our friends own two houses in Ajijic. Their neighbour was left for dead in his house. The Mexican strangled the guy but he just passed out, and came-to after the robber had cleaned out the electronics, cash and the truck. A neighbour gave the police a good description. Truck was found, empty, tires gone etc. Robber never found. There have been others but just not closely connected to our friends.”
http://www.lapoliticaeslapolitica.com/2014/02/with-recent-murder-in-jocotepec-and.html
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:46 pm

To the OP

When did this crime occur?
The post says 2014
Details? Why? It happened 2 years ago. It was a very unique situation.
We were alerted by an area Physician. Alerted about something that happened TWO years ago? Why?
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:57 pm

Because the op is fos! Jeez, guys.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:03 pm

Was it this one? This one was in 2014.
http://www.lapoliticaeslapolitica.com/2014/02/canadian-couple-murdered-in-ajijic.html?m=1
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:16 am

slainte39 wrote:I was at a large Halloween party Saturday (50 to 100 adults and kids, all Mexican), and they asked me what is going on in the North American community.
Like I should know? lol!
Only what I read on these web boards, and that ain't much.
So I guess it works both ways.  I always tell them.....no gringo here is voting for Trump.  That makes them happy and at least have false contentment.

I wish that were true but here are three exceptions:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/30/expat-trump-supporters-mexico-republicans-us-election

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiness Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Old News!

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down