INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lake Taco

+2
CanuckBob
Bubba2shoes
6 posters

Go down

Lake Taco Empty Lake Taco

Post by Bubba2shoes Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:37 am

We really enjoy this open-air taco joint on the Ajijic Libramiento as it meets the Chapala-Jocotepec Highway behind the PEMEX station.  They have a number of menú ítems but their specialty is fish and shrimp tacos Baja style.  The tacos, whether fish or shrimp, come with cabbage and onions and there is a condiment bar where one can dress one´s taco as desired.  The fish or shrimp normally come fried which is fine but the other day my wife  took an artist friend visiting us  from San Cristóbal de Las Casas there for lunch and he dislikes eating fried foods so he ordered his shrimp tacos "a la plancha" and was very pleased with his tacos which he pronounced "delicious".    Normally we eat there since the atmosphere in the outdoor seating área is so pleasant but I wasn´t with them so my wife brought me a a couple of their very good shrimp tacos to eat at our home.  I had purchased a jar of Louisiana-style tartar sauce at Casa Gourmet in Plaza Interlago which  to this Alabama coastal boy used to Gulf seafood, is superior to most store-bought tartar sauces and I was inspired to use that tartar sauce to dress the tacos  and the combination took me back to the experiences I enjoyed in fish shacks along the Gulf in Alabama and Northwest Florida.  Fond memories ensued.

We always have the fish or shrimp tacos in this place but their menú includes a number of other ítems with various ingredients with which I am unfamiliar so if you go there for other selections, you are on your own. The Baja-style tacos, however, are  in keeping with the taco style one would expect in Baja and I highly recommend them to the reader.

Those of you tending to pooh-pooh the notion of store-bought tartar sauce, try the Louisiana-style tartar sauce available at Casa Gourmet or, what the hell, make your own at home , buy some shrimp tacos to go at this place and enhance what is already a very good Baja-style  taco experience with a good tartar sauce for a special treat.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Lake Taco Empty Re: Lake Taco

Post by CanuckBob Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:41 am

They wouldn't even care if you brought your jar with you into the restaurant. I haven't been there in a while but I'm due for some good fish tacos. Thanks for the reminder BB2S.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:44 am

CanuckBob wrote:They wouldn't even care if you brought your jar with you into the restaurant. I haven't been there in a while but I'm due for some good fish tacos. Thanks for the reminder BB2S.

A fine idea and I am certain the friendly staff here would have no problem with that notiion.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:53 am

I love their shrimp tacos and burritos (depending on how hungry I am) and always order them "a la plancha". Also love them with their chipotle sauce which I also make at home now.
Try making your homemade tartar sauce with dill relish...puts it into a notch above regular tartar sauce. I think you'll like it.
If you're ever there for breakfast, they also make a great burrito with scrambled eggs/refried beans/bacon.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:00 pm

Love their shrimp burgers hmmmmmm yummy! Comes with fries and salad.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:57 pm

Breakfast eh? What time do they open Ferret?
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:39 pm

Same time as the car wash. 9ish?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:54 pm

Isn't Casa Gourmet on the south side of Centro Laguna mall and not in Plaza Interlago?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:19 pm

slainte39 wrote:Isn't Casa Gourmet on the south side of Centro Laguna mall and not in Plaza Interlago?

Correct. My mistake. those of you unfamiliar with the área note that Casa Gourmet is in a strip of businesses along the mountain side of the Chapala-Ajijic Highway facing Walmart across the highway. Look for an HSBC branch, the Steren Electronics store and Okuma Sushi as adjacent businesses. Casa Gourmet sells mostly a wide variety of canned and bottled products both domestic and imported but I was only writing about the "Louisiana Style" tartar sauce they carry made in Baton Rouge. Not bad for store-bought stuff.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down