INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panaderia Pasteleria Francesa in Ajijic

+9
Lady Otter Latté
slainte39
hockables
WDBarr
brigitte
ferret
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
Bubba2shoes
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Panaderia Pasteleria Francesa in Ajijic Empty Panaderia Pasteleria Francesa in Ajijic

Post by Bubba2shoes Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:57 pm

This panadería/pasteleria is located at Ponienta 268 - the Ajijic-Jocotepec Highway just west of Rio Zula west of Six Corners in West Ajijic next to the strip shopping center La Huerta on the lake side of the highway.

These folks, who are from the south of France, run what I consider to be the best bakery I have discovered in 15 years of living here in Ajijic and 10 years living  in San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas and that latter town has some fine panaderías and pastelerías as well.  They make the finest bagettes I have found outside of Paris where I had the good fortune to live for some time  in the 60s and  70s and still visit with Brigitte (who was raised there) from time-to-time.  Their varieties of pastries are truly outstanding and we go there for our breads and pastries as often as our diets will allow plus times when we should refrain from indulging for the sake of those diets but find ourselves unable to resist their fabulous baked goods which are consistently excellent.

For a special treat, make yourself a Parisian style ham sándwich with one of these folks´great bagettes, some thinly sliced ham, sweet butter and a glass of red wine followed up by one of their large variety of pastries for dessert and you´ll think you have been transported to the Left Bank.

Hound Dog

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Panaderia Pasteleria Francesa in Ajijic Empty Re: Panaderia Pasteleria Francesa in Ajijic

Post by CanuckBob Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:17 pm

Welcome home Señor Dawg. Do they have good "hamburger" buns? I can't find good ones anywhere.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Panaderia Pasteleria Francesa in Ajijic Empty Re: Panaderia Pasteleria Francesa in Ajijic

Post by Bubba2shoes Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:25 pm

CBob:

I really never checked to see if they carry hamburger buns. You have given me an excuse to go by and check and, ahem, while I am there to simple another apple tart. By the way, I forgot to mention but, while I usually buy food to go there, they do have outside seating where one can enjoy pastries and breads purchased there with a coffee fix.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:31 pm

Yaaaay Bubb, good to hear you again.
Glad you're back among the living. Bad stuff, that Dengue!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:56 pm

Dawg/Hound Dog/Bubba,
Welcome back my friend! I have missed your stories but I see that you haven't missed the delights of the French Bakery. I had to move to the other side of town 'cuz the place was waaaay too close to where I lived in La Huerta.
What do you think of their Mil Feuilles? Damn, I just drooled on my keyboard.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:43 pm

Did you have their jesuites? The origin of that pastry is portuguese and is usually not found in northern France although a famous pastry shop in Britany makes that type of pastry in a mille feuilles and it is fabulous.
It is called jesuite because it is in the shape of a jesuite´s hat..

These guys are way better than the people who were there before in my opinion and take you right back to France.

They will also sell you the pastry dough so the days of making your own could be over. You just have to order it ahead of time..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:59 pm

No I don't believe I tried their jesuites. One does get hooked on favourites.
Do the new owners have any news of Patrice? He went back to France because of health problems and I believe the current owner was either his partner or his boss in France.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:24 pm

yes Patrice used to work for them. I did not ask them if they had heard from him so I do not know.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:11 pm

brigitte wrote:yes Patrice used to work for them. I did not ask them if they had heard from him so I do not know.

I thought you were in Chiapas? Depending on you for updates. We are leaving here and headed in that direction in February. I hope all the blockades are over by then.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:55 pm

Bubba2shoes wrote:This panadería/pasteleria is located at Ponienta 268 - the Ajijic-Jocotepec Highway just west of Rio Zula west of Six Corners in West Ajijic next to the strip shopping center La Huerta on the lake side of the highway.

These folks, who are from the south of France, run what I consider to be the best bakery I have discovered in 15 years of living here in Ajijic.

Hound Dog

I tried your French Bakery and admit... it's pretty good...

But, my vote goes out to The Scandinavian Bakery who Fresh Rye Bread is ta die for...
They make Great Paninis as well.
My only complaint would be the crazy Swedes moved their operation over by WalMart!! Beer

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:58 pm

We'll be heading down there toward the end of January and should be there until April. Keep in touch here and perhaps we can get together for an espresso or cerveza at the "Jardin" (principal
plaza) and prople watch. Who knows what one can expect there arising from irritated citizenry.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:59 pm

Sorry. That last post was from Hound Dog, not Brigitte.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 pm

Logged her out and the Dawg in, I hope.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:34 pm

Will you two stop fighting or at least take it outside.

Welcome back Dawg.  Just try to refrain from using Des Moines in your metaphors.  lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:47 pm

It's just like old times with those two. Bubba's really back!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:20 am

WD Barr I was in Cheiapas last week, Jalisco this week and Peru next week for a couple of weeks, will be in Yucatan in February..who know if the troubles will be over in Chiapas but since it has been going on for 3 years chances are that troubles will stil lbe there. Most tourists are not affected much by the problems but since a lot of the troubles are in Tuxtla it is always good to go to the airport in plenty of time and make sure the road is open..eof weeks and then a couple of weeks in Jalisco a month in Chiapas and so on..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:04 pm

Just a heads up. The proprietors of this fabulous French bakery have changed the name to Patisserie Francaise but regardless of what they call it, for the best French baked sweets and breads, no longer any need to fly to France

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:16 pm

[quote"brigitte"]WD Barr I was in Cheiapas last week, Jalisco this week and Peru next week for a couple of weeks, will be in Yucatan in February..who know if the troubles will be over in Chiapas but since it has been going on for 3 years chances are that troubles will stil lbe there. Most tourists are not affected much by the problems  but since a lot of the troubles are in Tuxtla it is always good to go to the airport in plenty of time and make sure the road is open..eof weeks and then a couple of weeks in Jalisco a month in Chiapas and so on..[/quote]

Thanks for the update. We are leaving for Chiapas in February. We have found a good, reasonable place to stay for three months and what looks like a good Spanish Language School for intensive Spanish lessons. I didn't realize the trouble was in Tuxtla too. I think we are going to fly into Villahermosa. After Chiapas, we are headed to the Yucatan - probably Merida.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:34 pm

San Cristobal de Las casas.The best tamales on the planet. That is not seriouluy. debatablre as I see it.I love ramales so please challenge me.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:36 am

Why do people have to hijack a thread, and start talking about something totally off-topic?

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:53 pm

Why do people have to get so pissy about every little thing?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:25 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Why do people have to get so pissy about every little thing?

Maybe because it happens way too often?

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:37 pm

Now talk about hijacking a thread........ Shocked
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:57 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Now talk about hijacking a thread........ Shocked

Sorry, Bob!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:26 pm

Beer......no problem.....jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next