INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Good News!

4 posters

Go down

Some Good News! Empty Some Good News!

Post by Trailrunner Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:58 am

Received news today from 2 nurse friends at Chapala Municipal Clinica:
Seguro Popular patients can now go to Puerta Hierro Hospital for complete breast cancer care for free. Mammogram, surgery, medicines, etc, all free if you have Seguro Popular.

http://www.cmpdh.net/

f you have Seguro Popular.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Some Good News! Empty Re: Some Good News!

Post by suegarn Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:36 pm

Are the Puerto Hierro hospitals all included under the Seguro Popular plan? I went to the website, but unfortunately because it's all in Spanish, I can only understand a few words here and there. What I'm asking is, are all or most medical treatments at the hospital covered under Seguro Popular?

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:54 pm

I feel a giant unfounded rumor coming on....... Rolling Eyes

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:30 pm

suegarn wrote:Are the Puerto Hierro hospitals all included under the Seguro Popular plan?  I went to the website, but unfortunately because it's all in Spanish, I can only understand a few words here and there.  What I'm asking is, are all or most medical treatments at the hospital covered under Seguro Popular?

No.

I hear you, RVG. I'm regretting it already.

I took my friend and housekeeper to the clinica for a mammo. While waiting for her, I was talking with 2 Urgencia nurses I used to work with at CR. They asked her if she had SP and said if so she could get everything done there gratis. I said, no way, she left, came back, and said yes it was on the website.

That's all I know.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalamed Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:59 pm

Certain private hospitals (San Javier and Puerta de Hierro) have contracts with SEGURO POPULAR in which they handle the overflow of patients of certain cases from the CIVIL HOSPITALS.  

The patients must first go through the proper channels before they get referred to those hospitals. They can't just show up and expect to be treated under their SP policy. Many folks out there wish it were that simple.  But this tends to be the case when certain people are referred for a variety of reasons to undergo surgeries or therapies (i.e. Chemotherapy) when the CIVIL HOSPITALS are overloaded.

Having a close family member with breast cancer and being treated at the INSTITUTO JALISCIENSE DE CANCEROLOGIA (@Old HOSPITAL CIVIL) I can tell you we encountered all of these scenarios. I am very happy to say that my family member has been successfully treated thus far. Couldn't have had better care at a private hospital.
Chapalamed
Chapalamed
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down