INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to change British pounds to Pesos in Laredo?

5 posters

Go down

Where to change British pounds to Pesos in Laredo? Empty Where to change British pounds to Pesos in Laredo?

Post by Cincy Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:45 pm

Any thoughts?  The casa de cambio we visited this evening did not like Queenie's picture on the currency!  It's never been a problem at the airport in Guadalajara but what can we do here in Laredo to exchange British Pounds for pesos?

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Where to change British pounds to Pesos in Laredo? Empty Re: Where to change British pounds to Pesos in Laredo?

Post by Gamina Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:59 pm

Try a bank.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Where to change British pounds to Pesos in Laredo? Empty Re: Where to change British pounds to Pesos in Laredo?

Post by solajijic Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:23 am

Bank of America should be able to do it.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:50 am

If all else fails.....casa de cambio at the Laredo airport??

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:56 am

Or keep your pounds and use your bank card to get pesos in Mexico. Unless, of course, your ATM card won't work in Mexico.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:09 am

I'll buy some from you if you want a better exchange rate than elsewhere. Maybe 100 GBP?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:23 am

Carry Bean wrote:I'll buy some from you if you want a better exchange rate than elsewhere.  Maybe 100 GBP?

Carry, maybe you should ask him where he's at in Laredo, to meet up.  LOL

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:53 pm

I mean when he got here. LOL

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:46 pm

WEll if he is headed here he should just use his ATM in laredo for pesos and Intercam or any of the others will take the pounds.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincy Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:41 pm

Never managed to get any British Pounds converted to Pesos in Laredo - was just passed from one bank to another so gave up and headed on down to Ajijic.  I'm not desperate to convert now we're in Ajijic but if Carry Bean wants some (100 GBP?) I will gladly oblige - commission free!  Let me know...

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:05 pm

That works for me.  I can get the money to you Tuesday if that helps.  It would be 2643 pesos but I'll check the exchange rate Tuesday. I could do it Monday but the ATMs are usually empty after the weekend.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:09 pm

If 200 GBP helps more, I can do that.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincy Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:10 pm

200 GBP is fine...

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:11 pm

I'll send you a private message.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down