INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A warning to all the people that take their dogs to the Ajijic Plaza.

+16
slainte39
artsnob
viajero
Lady Otter Latté
brigitte
Semalu
lakeside7
Kiri
Sideways
DeborahM
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
hkrause
itsme
thomashellyer
Carry Bean
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A warning to all the people that take their dogs to the Ajijic Plaza. - Page 2 Empty Re: A warning to all the people that take their dogs to the Ajijic Plaza.

Post by Kiri Wed May 04, 2016 6:09 pm

I will never go back there. The fact that the owner wants to poison the dogs of her customers....And children, other pets, wildlife....

Never mind that they have "got the message". Why would anyone want to drink or eat food at a place where poison could be, or is on the premises? And there is a person, or persons with this kind of mind and intent there? No thanks....

Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

A warning to all the people that take their dogs to the Ajijic Plaza. - Page 2 Empty Re: A warning to all the people that take their dogs to the Ajijic Plaza.

Post by lakeside7 Wed May 04, 2016 7:54 pm

Sounds like a dysfunctional family operating in a dysfunctional community in a dysfunctional town

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Semalu Wed May 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Wow, me&beardog spreads some gossip about what someone is "supposed" to have said and all of a sudden the coffee shop owner is attacked by a lynch mob and people are boycotting. Calm down everyone, innocent until proven guilty remember? Even if was actually said, is it possible she was just having a bad day? Sheesh. Cut some slack.

BTW, is it true that Superlake isn't going to import food from the USA anymore due to the high exchange rates? .....

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed May 04, 2016 9:12 pm

The dog poisoners usually do not warn people they just did it..probably iddle talk..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed May 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Better to be warned than have your pet poisoned which is a miserable way to die.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 04, 2016 11:03 pm

Semalu wrote:

BTW, is it true that Superlake isn't going to import food from the USA anymore due to the high exchange rates? .....

NO!!!....LOL
The peso price markup is being reduced in order to soften the blow to the Mexican and fulltime ex-pat community.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2016 7:01 am

[quote="Semalu"]Wow, me&beardog spreads some gossip about what someone is "supposed" to have said and all of a sudden the coffee shop owner is attacked by a lynch mob and people are boycotting. Calm down everyone, innocent until proven guilty remember? Even if was actually said,  is it possible she was just having a bad day? Sheesh. Cut some slack.

BTW, is it true that Superlake isn't going to import food from the USA anymore due to the high exchange rates? .....[/quote]

It is obvious you don't know me or my relationship with everyone that works at the coffee shop.

Again if people wish to PM me I can clarify any and all questions one might have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu May 05, 2016 7:40 am

No Me&Bear knows the situation well. Like many of us he hangs around in that part of Ajijic. Nobody is trying to hang anyone but maybe drop a few leaches on the Boss who started all this might be appropriate.
Its a very emotional situation especially if you know all the dogs on the plaza.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu May 05, 2016 8:47 am

I don't need to personally know the dogs to be horrified by dog poisoning.
One of you says "she" threatened to poison dogs. Another one of you says don't worry about it, "they" got the message and won't hurt the dogs. We know who she is but who are "they"? How many people at that coffee shop are willing to at least threaten to poison dogs?
Those of us not in your private club have no idea what is going on but staying far away from what seems to be a totally dysfunctional (if not dangerous and illegal) situation seems the most prudent path. Enjoy your drama.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu May 05, 2016 9:19 am

Zedinmexico wrote:
Its a very emotional situation especially if you know all the dogs on the plaza.
I know all the 20 or so barkers and yappers on our block,I hear them 24/7,that's an emotional situation!
If they all dissapeared tomorrow I wouldn't shed a tear.

Last edited by viajero on Thu May 05, 2016 9:47 am; edited 2 times in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2016 9:20 am

[quote="Lady Otter Latté"]I don't need to personally know the dogs to be horrified by dog poisoning.
One of you says "she" threatened to poison dogs. Another one of you says don't worry about it, "they" got the message and won't hurt the dogs. We know who she is but who are "they"? How many people at that coffee shop are willing to at least threaten to poison dogs?
Those of us not in your private club have no idea what is going on but staying far away from what seems to be a totally dysfunctional (if not dangerous and illegal) situation seems the most prudent path. Enjoy your drama. [/quote]

It is only one person who made the threat, Lisa the owner.  

The workers (others) are the victims of her let's call it her "employment style." it was a worker she "yelled" the threat to, in part because one worker feeds the street dogs.

There will be a complaint filed with the Government of Mexico (= to Dept of labor) by at least one person for the lack of paying over time, holiday pay, Christmas bonuses and taking tips or pay detection to buy cups and plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu May 05, 2016 10:12 am

Zedinmexico wrote:

If you know the dogs. Very Happy ....tell them to go up to the carniceria at the intersection of Marcos Castellanos and Guadalupe Victoria.....not so unfriendly.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Thu May 05, 2016 10:48 am

All those dogs are not strays, but belong to Mexicans who put them out of house when they go to work, they start out at the meat market for morning snack, then take bones to gardens to eat, then some stay to socialize on the plaza, they come to me and Chicka for their morning bisquits which I keep in my pocket, later in day they all go home, so are not on Plaza at night

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu May 05, 2016 10:55 am

Sounds like a well ordered society.    Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu May 05, 2016 11:42 am

Hubble telescope records meteor on trajectory to impact Earth at coordinates 20.2995° N, 103.2634° W.  Crater size is estimated to be about four miles in diameter and up to half a mile deep. Inundation will follow.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu May 05, 2016 11:48 am

LOL
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Semalu Thu May 05, 2016 6:40 pm

I heard it was expected to hit somewhere near Lake Chapala....which does corroborate your co-ordinates...

Oh and I heard it from someone who knows Paz from Lakeside really well that they decided not to drop prices after all. The good folks over there are afraid the shock from all those lower prices will cause heart attacks in some of their clientele, so its out of concern for their health and safety after all....

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu May 05, 2016 11:58 pm

Who or what is Lakeside?  There are many people with the apellido of Paz, lakeside.  LOL

I didn't say they were reducing prices, only decreasing the markup in peso terms as it relates to their dollar cost. So their clientele can put away their digitalis and emergency numbers for their cardiologists.  lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Sat May 07, 2016 8:31 pm

Just arrived back in Toronto and am reading this. I took my dog to B&W at least 3 or 4 times a week. The only Lisa I know is the server who adored her and would always play with her and bring her water. Given the number of people who bring dogs there I can't imagine any management person would want to ruin their business with such nonsense. Has there been any serious confirmation of these accusations?
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Sat May 07, 2016 10:00 pm

As is the case most of the time with rumors---NO

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Semalu Mon May 09, 2016 7:42 pm

As you have rightly guessed Canada Mike, nope, nunca, nein, jamais......or "no way eh".

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Thu May 12, 2016 3:16 am

Not rumours, now she has sign up looking for new employees as some are leaving for greener pastures...one of her girls from the ice cream shop is working there now too

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2