INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A warning to all the people that take their dogs to the Ajijic Plaza.

+16
slainte39
artsnob
viajero
Lady Otter Latté
brigitte
Semalu
lakeside7
Kiri
Sideways
DeborahM
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
hkrause
itsme
thomashellyer
Carry Bean
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A warning to all the people that take their dogs to the Ajijic Plaza. Empty A warning to all the people that take their dogs to the Ajijic Plaza.

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 6:15 pm

A warning to all the people that take their dogs to the plaza. Lisa said after today she is putting poison in the dog water and food bowels in and around the plaza because she's tired of people bringing dogs to the coffee shop.

I think she's lost her mind....

Back to top Go down

A warning to all the people that take their dogs to the Ajijic Plaza. Empty Re: A warning to all the people that take their dogs to the Ajijic Plaza.

Post by Carry Bean Tue May 03, 2016 6:29 pm

I hope she drinks that water.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

A warning to all the people that take their dogs to the Ajijic Plaza. Empty Re: A warning to all the people that take their dogs to the Ajijic Plaza.

Post by Trailrunner Tue May 03, 2016 6:55 pm

Call the agency that handles animal abuse or any other appropriate agency in Chapala and report her. Take photos. If she does it, call the Chapala Medical Director or any doctor as it's a public health hazard. Call Dale Palfry.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by thomashellyer Tue May 03, 2016 7:56 pm

Sorry to be dense, but who is Lisa?

thomashellyer

Humor : punny

http://www.chapalahomesales.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 8:44 pm

Lisa is the owner of Black and White Coffee and the Ice Cream shop at the Ajijic Plaza.

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Tue May 03, 2016 9:45 pm

Some one needs to put a stop to her, she is dangerous, she also has been violating a lot of labor laws, it is not fair to her employees who we all like, and go to her establishments because we like the folks that work there

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Tue May 03, 2016 9:54 pm

A "Demanda" needs to be made against her by whoever heard her say that. If any dog, cat, bird, etc dies of poisoning, the police will be at her door.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Wed May 04, 2016 1:52 am

I'd think this could also be dangerous to children as well... small ones might get into the water or food.

Who did she say this to?? Are we certain this is factual and not just a rumor somebody made up? I'm curious about legitimacy. Sounds almost too crazy!
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2016 6:29 am

hkrause She has said it to one of the workers there at the coffee shop. (at this time I would like to keep her name out) But yesterday this same person was talking to a warning the customers. I know the person she said it to personally as I give her $200 pesos a month to feed the dogs that come to the plaza. Before I gave money she would not have food at home because she used what was left of her 16 peso an hour for food for the dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2016 6:40 am

itsme I will bring this up to her today and tell here about what you said of a "Demanda". I have always been concerned for the workers there for the 4 years I've known them. One thing that we all agree on (the workers and I) is that Lisa is crazy and has been for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed May 04, 2016 7:52 am

Yes I heard the same thing at Coffee at Black and White yesterday.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 04, 2016 8:20 am

You can tell her for me that if she poison's one of my dogs the police will be the least of her concerns..........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2016 8:30 am

Bob I think the next time Lisa gets to work (maybe today) she will see the backlash of her threats. We just got informed this morning on other websites warning people of what Lisa had said. I'm sure it will soon get back to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeborahM Wed May 04, 2016 9:23 am

Dreadful! Can she not be reported to the police, at least as an initial way to address this?

This thread was closed to comments over BBB & S, grateful to the administrator there for caution.

One posted there, though, Eric Oleander, wrote this:

"I'm concerned with the approach used to resolve this issue. I don't know the details of what transpired to cause Lisa to make a statement about poisoning dogs, and it appears that no one posting here actually heard her say she would poison dogs. The statement as reported here may have been taken completely out of context. And even with all these uncertainties a lynch mob has formed and is attempting to ruin this woman's reputation and livelihood by slandering her with accusations of her being insane, of violating labor laws, and more. Who are we when we think nothing of ruining a person's livelihood over such flimsy evidence?"

If there are illegal actions here, the police need to be involved. These are serious concerns, for the workers there, and for these animals. It will not be resolved by posting inflammatory, and possibly illegal comments on web boards frequented by ex-pats.

DeborahM

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 04, 2016 9:30 am

Somehow I suspect it was just idle talk and like everything else, people will forget about it and move on the the next local scandal in short order.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideways Wed May 04, 2016 9:44 am

DeborahM wrote:Dreadful! Can she not be reported to the police, at least as an initial way to address this?

This thread was closed to comments over BBB & S, grateful to the administrator there for caution.

One posted there, though, Eric Oleander, wrote this:

"I'm concerned with the approach used to resolve this issue. I don't know the details of what transpired to cause Lisa to make a statement about poisoning dogs, and it appears that no one posting here actually heard her say she would poison dogs. The statement as reported here may have been taken completely out of context. And even with all these uncertainties a lynch mob has formed and is attempting to ruin this woman's reputation and livelihood by slandering her with accusations of her being insane, of violating labor laws, and more. Who are we when we think nothing of ruining a person's livelihood over such flimsy evidence?"

If there are illegal actions here, the police need to be involved. These are serious concerns, for the workers there, and for these animals. It will not be resolved by posting inflammatory, and possibly illegal comments on web boards frequented by ex-pats.

What is BBB & S?

Sideways
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DeborahM Wed May 04, 2016 9:50 am

Sorry, it's actually BBB & S (Beg Barter Buy and Sell) Fur and Feathers, it's a facebook page. Here's a link: to the page, but it looks like the thread has been deleted now. Wise move from the admins there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/884995861533687/

DeborahM

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Wed May 04, 2016 10:06 am

Thanks for the additional info. I don't own a dog, but if I did I'd avoid letting it use public water/food dishes in the area for awhile, just to be safe. Good job providing a heads-up for everybody, but I agree with Eric Oleander that caution should be advised in dealing with the information.

Take care when walking those fur babies and give them extra hugs today. :)
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2016 10:17 am

[quote="hkrause"]Thanks for the additional info. I don't own a dog, but if I did I'd avoid letting it use public water/food dishes in the area for awhile, just to be safe. Good job providing a heads-up for everybody, but I agree with Eric Oleander that caution should be advised in dealing with the information.

Take care when walking those fur babies and give them extra hugs today. :)
[/quote]

I agree with taking care with the pets what Eric Oleander cautions is from a position of not knowing first hand, and is good advice.

All that I have said and posted comes from first hand knowledge and I have verified.

I do plan on advising the correct people to pursue legal avenues pertaining to the threats and also the local laws on fair wage in accordance to the local and federal Mexican laws.

I feel the word is out and people can take the caution they wish. If others want to know more we will go to PM's from here out.

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 04, 2016 10:34 am

CanuckBob wrote:Somehow I suspect it was just idle talk and like everything else, people will forget about it and move on the the next local scandal in short order.

Disgruntled employee(s)??
Sounds like some labor issues that should be taken up with the Labor board.
A denuncia (not demanda), could probably be pursued with the MP office, if a couple of witnesses would  be willing to sign a statement saying that they heard the statement/threat.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2016 10:53 am

[quote="slainte39"][quote="CanuckBob"]Somehow I suspect it was just idle talk and like everything else, people will forget about it and move on the the next local scandal in short order.[/quote]

Disgruntled employee(s)??
Sounds like some labor issues that should be taken up with the Labor board.
A denuncia (not demanda), could probably be pursued with the MP office, if a couple of witnesses would  be willing to sign a statement saying that they heard the statement/threat.[/quote]

I have said this to them for the last 2 years but the workers are afraid of the owner and of not having their jobs after.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed May 04, 2016 11:19 am

Ok just got back from Black and White on the Ajijic plaza. Nothing will happen to the dogs. The message has been received to leave them alone. " THE DOGS WILL BE FINE !!"

OK FOLKS????

z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 04, 2016 4:35 pm

With those orders, what could anyone say, except OK? Rolling Eyes
Why so militant?  
Pet owners might not a get second chance if you happened to be wrong.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Wed May 04, 2016 5:35 pm

Why are you yelling at us?

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Wed May 04, 2016 6:09 pm

I will never go back there. The fact that the owner wants to poison the dogs of her customers....And children, other pets, wildlife....

Never mind that they have "got the message". Why would anyone want to drink or eat food at a place where poison could be, or is on the premises? And there is a person, or persons with this kind of mind and intent there? No thanks....
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next