INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

satellite tv

4 posters

Go down

satellite tv Empty satellite tv

Post by akjerry Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:41 pm

Hey
MexicoPete
Would you care to expound on satellite availability in regards to FTA .
I am trying to determine if an FTA receiver would be an option, if so, what channels are available, here in Chapala, and is it worth the cost. The reason I ask, seems an internet search seems to suggest that, most programming is in other languages, and mostly of a foreign nature. I have a couple antennas, about a 4 footer, and about a 6 footer, but no receivers. Your suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
jerry

akjerry

Back to top Go down

satellite tv Empty Re: satellite tv

Post by MexicoPete Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:51 pm

I gave up on FTA several years ago. Sure there is the internet but they are tightening down on VPN services and its getting harder and harder to get US or Canadian Netflix etc. for more than a week or month before the Netflix gurus figure what is out and block you latest connection.

Some folks are now going back to satellite and or cable from the US, Canada and or Mexico.

Now that Guadalajara has gone digital, more of their digital channels also provide SAP (secondary audio program) which if chosen on your receiver and or TV provides you with English language programming.

Some folks will say, of course there are ways to get FTA TV. and one can, but not for long enough for most of us to bother trying anymore. Because every time things were up and running for a while, the service would be discovered and you would have to change plans Maybe someone else will have a better suggestion for you.

Oh DISH and DirecTV USA and Shaw Direct is available down here, but you need a address up north and for DISH and DirecTV larger satellite dishes

It is amazing how many channels there are on digital Telecable (channels 101 to 999) and how many have secondary audio feeds in English and many also in HD. But that, of course, costs money

MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:48 am

Go look at someones Shaw Dish (Canadian sat dish) unless you are a sports fanatic it works for most of us and the dish is small.
Get use to Hockey and Toronto Blue Jays games. I gave up like Pete on FTA.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by akjerry Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:02 am

Thanks for the info.
I will investigate the HD antenna idea.
thanks

akjerry

Back to top Go down

Post by rvanparys Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:50 pm

You might wish to call Ajijic Electronics and ask for Mike: 766 1117. He got us hooked up to Dish and Netflix...Cost is about the same as in the US..

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down