INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Asia they are called adidas when fried

+4
RVGRINGO
espíritu del lago
gringal
Ojalero
8 posters

Go down

In Asia they are called adidas when fried Empty In Asia they are called adidas when fried

Post by Ojalero Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:22 am

In Asia they are called adidas when fried Chicken-feet-stock-640-horiz

The most surprising discovery I have made in Mexico is patas de pollo, the lowly chicken feet. While I have never had them as they do in many parts of Asia, fried, I found out that I may have been eating them most of my life. They are the secret ingredient for the most incredible caldo de pollo, chicken soup. I suspect that my Polish grandmother used them for her stockpot and removed them for my eyes. They are so good that after the broth is made, I suck the removed feet's fabulous meat and easily pull out the bones with my tongue. Google them and many recipes and stories of their use will be had. Try some and you will be hooked.
Ojalero
Ojalero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Paraprosdokian

Back to top Go down

In Asia they are called adidas when fried Empty Re: In Asia they are called adidas when fried

Post by gringal Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:08 am

I might have thought about trying them, but the visual ended it.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

In Asia they are called adidas when fried Empty Re: In Asia they are called adidas when fried

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:10 am

I agree. .
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:16 am

Any good Chinese Dim Sum restaurant will have them, and they are good.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ojalero Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:18 am

If you have a problem with the visual, you certainly would when you chop off the little toenails. Very Happy

I placed the visual with the intent of showing what they look like when cleaned by your supplier, not what they are when removed from the donor chicken.
Ojalero
Ojalero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Paraprosdokian

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:23 am

Hey..........whatever floats the boat! There are some real fans of pigs feet and chicken necks. Enjoy!
Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:20 pm

Pigs feet and chicken necks are tasty. Chicken fee have no taste and the consistency of surgical tubing! Duck tongues, now there's a delicious delicacy!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:22 pm

We eat them in France too and they make great caldo here. I prefer the duck feet at the Dim Sum but both are good when well done which is not always the case.The Chinese sometimes love certain foods for their texture or their meaning.and not always for their taste but they do serve some great sauce with chicken feet in some places.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:58 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:Any good Chinese Dim Sum restaurant will have them, and they are good.
BTW, Chopstix has monthly Dim Sum by reservation. Chopstix is a great place for lunch during the week. I love their Chicken Noodle Soup and fried spring rolls.

http://lakechapalarestaurantguide.blogspot.mx/2016/01/chopstix-la-comida-oriental.html

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:22 pm

I tried them once a few years ago.

First time; last time.

Just not my cup of feet.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down