INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trip's Burger

+22
Lady Otter Latté
gringal
DaveP
Canada_Mike
Zedinmexico
viajero
benjji
Trailrunner
WDBarr
Chapalagringa
David
lunateak
hickton
TioBob
Kiri
elgringo
slainte39
borderreiver
CanuckBob
Intercasa
Gamina
Ms.Thang
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Trip's Burger - Page 4 Empty Re: Trip's Burger

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:20 pm

Where is The Plaza restaurant in Ajijic?

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:49 pm

That was a biting piece of humor!

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:58 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Where is The Plaza restaurant in Ajijic?

Who is buried in Grant's tomb?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:37 pm

It was a fair question when there wasn't any name of restaurant, or plaza, or town mentioned, especially for someone who hasn't been in/on the Ajijic plaza for 10 or 20 years.
So it's the Plaza restaurant and it's on one the streets facing the plaza in Ajijic?
Boy, this is tough information to ferret out. lol!  Easier to find Johnny Rocket's outside of Andares on that side street.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:37 am

slainte39 wrote:

It was a fair question when there wasn't any name of restaurant, or plaza, or town mentioned, especially for someone who hasn't been in/on the Ajijic plaza for 10 or 20 years.
So it's the Plaza restaurant and it's on one the streets facing the plaza in Ajijic?
Boy, this is tough information to ferret out. lol!  Easier to find Johnny Rocket's outside of Andares on that side street.

The question included the word "Ajijic", fer hevvins sake! But to be specific, it's ON the north side of the Plaza itself, next to the Cultural Center.
Good food at very reasonable prices. Outstanding fries.

What side street re Johny Rocket's? I love their burgers.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:09 am

Sorry, Gringal. I was not being a smart ass. I know the restaurant you describe as El Jardin and have never before heard it called The Plaza. There are also several restaurants on and around the plaza in Ajijic. 
Please remember that there are people for whom Ajijic is not the center of the known universe. We do not automatically think Ajijic when we hear the words village or plaza. We also do not not know the pet designations given to businesses there or if a restaurant has changed hands or its name.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:46 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Sorry, Gringal. I was not being a smart ass. I know the restaurant you describe as El Jardin and have never before heard it called The Plaza. There are also several restaurants on and around the plaza in Ajijic. 
Please remember that there are people for whom Ajijic is not the center of the known universe. We do not automatically think Ajijic when we hear the words village or plaza. We also do not not know the pet designations given to businesses there or if a restaurant has changed hands or its name.

You're quite right about the name, but when you said "Ajijic" in your original question, I couldn't help but assuming you also meant the Plaza in Ajijic.  That was just me being a smartass.

Now, isn't it being a bit smartassy to say:  "Please remember that there are people for whom Ajijic is not the center of the known universe."  ??  The center of the known universe, as every old Californian knows, is San Francisco!
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:05 am

Gringal, I admit the "center of the known universe" comment was totally smartassy! I even considered acknowledging that at the time. Decided it would be more fun to let you call me on it. I knew you would.
I agree about San Francisco. I was in exile in Southern California and made regular pilgrimages north.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:12 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Gringal, I admit the "center of the known universe" comment was totally smartassy! I even considered acknowledging that at the time. Decided it would be more fun to let you call me on it. I knew you would.
I agree about San Francisco. I was in exile in Southern California and made regular pilgrimages north.

I grew up in So. Cal. and headed north for college. Whole new world up there. Then was exiled south for a while. "Exiled" was the right word. LOL.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:20 am

The Plaza, capitalized, indicates the name of the restaurant. There is no Plaza Restaurant on the Ajijic plaza.
The plaza, simply means the square, place, site, piazza, etc.

So, the confusion comes from how the post was written, combined with the other person‘s lack of familiarity with Ajijic, where the plaza contains more than one restaurant.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:13 pm

gringal wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Just had my first Trip burger. I had the double burger combo for $110 peso's. It was awesome. For those looking for the "fast food" burger fix it is probably the best in town. Better than BK or MacDonald's IMO.

I've been meaning to give it another try since he was just getting things organized the first time we went.  How does it compare with the $60 peso burger at the Plaza which comes with good crispy fries included?  (If you haven't tried that one, it's worth a visit.)

To continue the nitpicking and smart assing, where does the word Ajijic come up in this post of yours that I questioned the whereabouts of the restaurant?
The thread's primary focus was Trip's which is in SAT, where I live, and I don't know of any restaurant in SAT, around the plaza, or anywhere else in town by that name.
You have been listening to too many of Trump's speeches in attempting the walking back your statement. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:39 pm

gringal wrote:

What side street re Johny Rocket's?  I love their burgers.
lol!

Av. Real Acueducto
Coming south on Av. Patria from Av. Acueducto, it is the first right turn (before la entrada to Andares) and J. Rockets is in the strip mall on the right hand side.  The street is only one block long and connects Patria back to Acueducto, which has now been renamed Av. Luis Donaldo Colossio Murietta.  Since Patria and Acueducto are at 45 degree angles to each other, imagine this as the connecting leg of the triangle.  The west corner of the NW/SW intersection.
Or you can go to La Gourmeteria, Plaza Ciudadela, the airport, and a couple of others I can't remember right now.[/quote]

Last edited by slainte39 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:40 pm

slainte39 wrote:
gringal wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Just had my first Trip burger. I had the double burger combo for $110 peso's. It was awesome. For those looking for the "fast food" burger fix it is probably the best in town. Better than BK or MacDonald's IMO.

I've been meaning to give it another try since he was just getting things organized the first time we went.  How does it compare with the $60 peso burger at the Plaza which comes with good crispy fries included?  (If you haven't tried that one, it's worth a visit.)

To continue the nitpicking and smart assing, where does the word Ajijic come up in this post of yours that I questioned the whereabouts of the restaurant?
The thread's primary focus was Trip's which is in SAT, where I live, and I don't know of any restaurant in SAT, around the plaza, or anywhere else in town by that name.
You have been listening to too many of Trump's speeches in attempting the walking back your statement. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Trump's speeches?  You jest.  I can't stand to read the synopses, let alone listen to the real spewing.

So you just don't want to admit that this was the Lady O's post, eh? "Where is The Plaza restaurant in Ajijic?"

Maybe you should see the optometrist.

Let us nitpick, however, if that's what tickles you on a cloudy Saturday.  My point, originally, was to make a comparison of the pricey Trip burger, (located in S.A.T.), with another restaurant's much lower price for essentially the same thing, not to direct traffic our of S.A.T. and over to Ajijic. By "same thing", I mean a good hamburger with fries.  (better fries, IMO) As it happens, most people don't refer to that restaurant as the "Le Jardin"; just as the restaurant on the plaza, as in "I'll see you at lunch on the plaza".  There are a couple of places on said plaza that serve food or drinks, but el Jardin is the largest and probably most popular.  Deepest apologies for the misnomer, lack of or excessive capitalization and what has to be too much time on all of our hands today. Rolling Eyes
But honestly, who really gives a spit?
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:55 pm

gringal wrote:

Trump's speeches?  You jest.  I can't stand to read the synopses, let alone listen to the real spewing.

So you just don't want to admit that this was the Lady O's post, eh? "Where is The Plaza restaurant in Ajijic?"

Beer

My question to you about the whereabouts of the restaurant was 10:12 AM, Friday. Lady O didn't post her question until 1:20 PM, Friday.
I'm not interfering with your discussion with her and I'm not a mind reader, so what I inquired about had nothing to do with her or her later post.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:02 pm

slainte39 wrote:

Ah!!  Now I see the problem. I thought Lady O was being sarcastic with me for asking the question that I put to gringal.
gringal responded thinking I was referring to Lady O's question, which I WAS NOT. I was referring to my question.
Sorry gals, we all just outsmarted ourselves, and I will be the first to stand in the corner.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:05 pm

And Trips double burger (with fries, drink and free refills) is way better (and bigger) than the burger at El Jardin IMO..........and by the time you add  a drink and leave a tip the price is about the same. You don't tip at Trips...
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:20 pm

I have never eaten one meal at the ???? in/near the p(P)laza  but this thread is going to get me down there.
Just when I didn't think life could get any better. Very Happy

I had always thought the restaurant(s) there would be called "el centro de chisme".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:25 pm

No, No, No! It is the center of the known universe. Sadly, it seems that there are many more, and larger, yet to be located, named, and given a “plaza en la mente de los seres humanos.....Quisas otros tambien“.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:31 pm

slainte39 wrote:I have never eaten one meal at the ???? in/near the p(P)laza  but this thread is going to get me down there.
Just when I didn't think life could get any better. Very Happy

I had always thought the restaurant(s) there would be called "el centro de chisme".

It IS el centro de chisme, but they also serve good food at a reasonable price. As a friend mentioned the other day while dining there, "I'm always surprised that the food is this good". Now, I'm not talking gourment dining here. But then, you're not paying the price, either.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:37 pm

CanuckBob wrote:And Trips double burger (with fries, drink and free refills) is way better (and bigger) than the burger at El Jardin IMO..........and by the time you add  a drink and leave a tip the price is about the same. You don't tip at Trips...

When I have managed to give Trip's another try, I'll comment on the comparison, but your point about the tip is well taken. However, I prefer plain water with food, so the drink with refills wouldn't matter.

One reason I like the burger at El Jardin on the Ajijc plaza (whew) is that it's not very gooey. Matter of preference.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:34 pm

El Jardin is what they are talking about. Get the deluxe cheeseburger and you get pickles if that is needed along with the cheese. Worth the extra to me.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by BILLBOGEY Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:45 pm

CanuckBob wrote:And Trips double burger (with fries, drink and free refills) is way better (and bigger) than the burger at El Jardin IMO..........and by the time you add  a drink and leave a tip the price is about the same. You don't tip at Trips...
CB, How come you (everyone?) don't tip at Trips? Just curious, BB

BILLBOGEY
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : UNIQUE

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:55 pm

There is a sign saying No Tips. If you offer a tip they say, "Thank you but we can not accept tips."

Trip pays a decent wage, provides benefits and profit sharing so we do not have to subsidize his employees.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:59 pm

BTW, went to Trip's yesterday. He has a new source for buns and they are wonderful! If you were one of the complainers about the buns, he heard you and has responded. I noticed the difference as soon as I unwrapped the burger. It holds up to all that goopy deliciousness piled onto it. Trip was there and was delighted that we noticed and appreciated the change.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:18 pm

Trip's is off my radar. I'll have to give it a try although the last time I ate there, it was good. Have to try the new bun.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:27 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:There is a sign saying No Tips. If you offer a tip they say, "Thank you but we can not accept tips."

Trip pays a decent wage, provides benefits and profit sharing so we do not have to subsidize his employees.

Besides it is a fast food restaurant where you pay and pick up at a counter. I don't tip at BK, MacDonald's or Johnny Rockets either.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4