INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PERRY'S PIZZA OPEN?

+15
Lady Otter Latté
WDBarr
NEGringos
PoCo2012
borderreiver
Vandre
David
slainte39
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
sir
gobluejohn
rckrckr
zenwoodle
gringal
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PERRY'S PIZZA OPEN? - Page 2 Empty Re: PERRY'S PIZZA OPEN?

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:12 pm

Love, love, love Perry's pizza! It is my favorite pizza lakeside. It could hold its own NOB too.

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:30 pm

WDBarr wrote:Surprise - Perry's has about the best hamburgers lakeside. The bacon-bacon burger is great. The fish and chips was not so great when we visited. But, I would take a Perry's cheeseburger over Trip's burgers any day. Also agree that they have the best pizzas.

My friend's review of Perry's is here,  http://lakechapalarestaurantguide.blogspot.mx/2016/01/perrys-pizza-pizza-place-fish-and-chips.html

Yikes! If you're going to promote this restaurant this review should be the last thing you post! Apart from the bacon cheeseburger and the pizza (which sound delish) the rest of the review was pretty BAD!

For someone who calls themselves a restaurant reviewer in Mexico, one would think that they would already know that Dorado IS Mahi Mahi! fffttt
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:48 pm

Hamburgers are great. Pizza is very good. Fish and chips were not very good, from what I understand. The person who ate the fish was sick after eating it - which is what happens when you eat raw fish and undercooked coating. I think the point is that Perry's is trying too hard to be everything to everyone instead of focusing on what they do well. And now breakfast?

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:55 pm

I am sure Perry appreciates you and your friend's business advice as well as your expert food commentary. Isn't that the same reviewer who was scandalized by the "semi-private" bathroom at Cocinart? Oh and objected to its location next to the dildo shop? She seems like a sensitive soul.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:24 pm

Don't worry, I have the author's word that the CocinArt review is gone after seeing an announcement that they were hosting a sex toy demonstration - or exhibition - for the dildo shop about a week ago.

Tell me, who wants to eat lunch while watching a sex toy demonstration? (This question is for women only - I can imagine the answers from the men). It is not like it is Tupperware.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:36 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I am sure Perry appreciates you and your friend's business advice as well as your expert food commentary. Isn't that the same reviewer who was scandalized by the "semi-private" bathroom at Cocinart? Oh and objected to its location next to the dildo shop? She seems like a sensitive soul.

The reviewer is a former business owner, whose business was named in the top 100 in her field, so I think she knows what she is talking about when it comes to business. Yes, some women become desensitized and defeminized with age - that is pretty obvious just in our community. BUT, not all of us have quit caring about privacy and decency. (Surprised to find I am a woman?)

That makes me wonder about something...now that you mention this. Are the desensitized women among us the same ones who frequent the dildo shop?

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:28 pm

I am not going to satisfy your prurient interests by continuing the dildo discussion you are so enjoying. Neither am I as interested as you obviously are with what other women do with dildos.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:54 pm

"Perry's biggest mistake is trying to be all things to all people"

The reviewer will certainly be non-plused, when Perry rolls out his education on Thai cuisine that he acquired a few months ago. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:35 pm

WDBarr wrote:Don't worry, I have the author's word that the CocinArt review is gone after seeing an announcement that they were hosting a sex toy demonstration - or exhibition - for the dildo shop about a week ago.

Tell me, who wants to eat lunch while watching a sex toy demonstration? (This question is for women only - I can imagine the answers from the men). It is not like it is Tupperware.

We patronize Cocinart several times a week since it is both close to our home and has great food.  I haven't seen anything about "hosting" a sex toy demonstration or exhibition in the restaurant ....anywhere.  Where did you see it?

Based on your prior posts, I have the impression that you are somehow blaming Cocinart for the existence of and proximity to their neighbor's business.  What's that about? They don't own that building. Oyuki and Antonio are struggling hard to make a living for themselves and their children in a highly competitive environment.  One would have to be very prudish to make the comments you have, including those about the local women.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:31 pm

I believe the Dildoria is using the Cocinart space for it's once-a-year party (which is evidently sold out). Who cares. Not me. The food at Cocinart is very good and the prices are extraordinarily reasonable given the quality. I tried to go today today for lunch but it was packed with a wait and didn't have time.

Back to Perry's. Yes, they are doing breakfast now. Tried it just two days ago. Very limited choice….which seems to me the exact opposite of trying to be "all things to all people". All on offer currently (I think) is a "baked omelet". You could choose from cheese and bacon, or cheese and ham, or a vegetarian version. Came with a side of toast (just one slice), plus coffee AND fresh-squeezed orange juice, and hash browns. All of it was delicious. 75 pesos. The hash browns, by the way, were unusually good. They were from REAL potatoes, and they were REALLY COOKED (not that wet junk that's served by everywhere else). I made a point of mentioning it to Perry just how much I LOVED the hash browns. He said, "Yeah….hash browns are supposed to be BROWN!".

Perry and his staff continue to do a great job. The hire of the young woman as his manager was a great decision. Of course I'll be enjoying one of his fine pizzas soon. And I FORGOT about his trip to Thailand!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:44 pm

My guess is that Perry and some staff are there in the morning prepping for the day. He probably figured he might as well serve some breakfasts while they are there. Other places have tried opening for breakfast and found it not profitable. If that is the case for Perry he will go back to his regular hours. The man so far has appeared to have a good business sense. He runs a successful business which is more difficult than offering advice on web boards about how other people should do it.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

PERRY'S PIZZA OPEN? - Page 2 Empty Yessssss

Post by kb9gzg Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:30 pm

About to eat at Perry's Mo-Jo for the second time this week. My palate is delighted to know that Perry's quality has not deteriorated since September 2014, the first time that I had his pizza, burgers, chile and chowder. Perry's is still the place!
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:38 pm

His delivery time is also amazing. When I call for my Pizza, they say it's going to be about 40 minutes, but the delivery person usually shows up before a half hour is up.
As usual, it's a real treat.....far and away better than any other in town. Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:00 pm

Not only does Perry's Pizza serve up the best pizza in Ajijic but I decided I was too flojo to go to their joint in West Ajijic this afternoon so I ordered delivery over the telephone and I still cannot believe this but that pizza still hot from the oven plus a bottle of red wine arrived at my doorstep in Six Corners just after I hung up the receiver.  Damn fine pizza and wine. Perry´s is a jewel. Damn if I can figure out how they cooked that outstanding pizza much less delivered it to my door within minutes of my order.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:36 pm

Perry's must be the "Jimmy John's" of Axixic!
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2