INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas 2015

+8
newinajijic
jrm30655
viajero
slainte39
gringal
Lady Otter Latté
borderreiver
Chapalagringa
12 posters

Go down

Christmas 2015 Empty Christmas 2015

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:10 pm

My tree came out a week ago Thursday and I finished decorating most of it yesterday. Any other early decorators out there? I haven't decided yet if I'm waiting till after Thanksgiving to put out the rest. I gotta say, sitting here listening to, "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas," in shorts sweating sure was never anything I envisioned my life would be like before Mexico. lolol
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Christmas 2015 Empty Re: Christmas 2015

Post by borderreiver Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:40 pm

Wow. Merry Christmas to All, and to all a Good Night.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:39 am

Have never liked premature Christmas. Still don't.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:05 am

It is such a phony hoilday anyways.. Something made up by a church. Jesus if he ever existed would not have been born in December..it is a nice invention to have him born for the festival of lights..but there was no census at that time so..so much for him being born in December. On top of it all they wrote the most awful music about it and people play it over and over, makes me shiver just to even think about it.
It is a nice season, 2 weeks at the most for the kids and the stores, otherwise forget it..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:58 pm

brigitte wrote:It is such a phony hoilday anyways.. Something made up by a church. Jesus if he ever existed would not have been born in December..it is a nice invention to have him born for the festival of lights..but there was no census at that time so..so much for him being born in December. On top of it all they wrote the most awful music about it and people play it over and over, makes me shiver just to even think about it.
It is a nice season, 2 weeks at the most for the kids and the stores, otherwise forget it..

The feast day started out all right, many centuries ago, but the commercialization has long since turned it into a potlatch event having little to do with the original concept.
Some people I've known who can ill afford it, max out their credit cards for the occasion and sweat it out all year, paying.
It's become a little crazy. For the poorer children, it's sad when they see their richer friends getting mountains of stuff when they get much less. "naughty or nice"........my patootie. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:27 pm

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. This is the verdict: light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

scratch IF He existed?
I'm not as thick skinned as those who do the bashing. I take it your not an early decorator.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:39 pm

No I am not an early decorator, actually I do not decorate at all.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:49 pm

"one and ONLY son"

For a better world, God being god, should have created more sons and less people.
Or maybe he is Chinese....but they are changing.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:23 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.  This is the verdict: light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.  Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

scratch  IF He existed?  
I'm not as thick skinned as those who do the bashing.   I take it your not an early decorator.  

Oh great suffering succotash, Chapalagringa! Haven't you learned yet how welcome a sermon is on a web board?
Shocked

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:41 pm

She had to do it or burn forever in the dark underworld so now she has done her duty she can be sure she will go straight to the light in the sight of God, I will stay in the dark where evil deeds are done..sounds like a whole lot more fun to me , plus I ll have my trusted xoloitzcuintli tó guide me and stay out of the boredom of the upper kingdom.. I sure hope the food and the music will be good at least I will not be cold.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:44 pm

brigitte wrote:She had to do it or burn forever in the dark underworld so now she has done her duty she can be sure she will go straight to the light in the sight of God, I will stay in the dark where evil deeds are done..sounds like a whole lot more fun to me , plus I ll have my trusted xoloitzcuintli tó guide me and stay out of the boredom of the upper kingdom.. I sure hope the food and the music will be good at least I will not be cold.

Well, I don't have that exotic dog, so I guess one of my visiting birds will have to do as guide.  Considering the scandals surrounding most of the really good musicians, I think that's covered.  Heating system, too. Twisted Evil

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:49 pm

I think a canary is what they brought in the mines so that may work too..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:51 pm

brigitte wrote:I think a canary is what they brought in the mines so that may work too..

Good suggestion. Twisted Evil

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:53 pm

Good we are set, let the good guys with all the virgins have the upstairs.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:23 pm

gringal wrote:
Chapalagringa wrote:For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.  This is the verdict: light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.  Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

scratch  IF He existed?  
I'm not as thick skinned as those who do the bashing.   I take it your not an early decorator.  

Oh great suffering succotash, Chapalagringa!  Haven't you learned yet how welcome a sermon is on a web board?
Shocked
That's an example of why she has to keep changing her moniker..
Happy Festivus!!!

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:22 pm

Actually, I like Christmas in Ajijic. Much better than the US.

I suggest that on the night of Dec 24, you go to Six Corners and walk a few blocks in each direction. The houses will be open and you can see some of the nicest small displays in that area.

No Christmas music, just small religious displays, families getting together to eat etc. It will change your whole view of Christmas.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by newinajijic Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:40 pm

I bet she has done all her Christmas shopping as well. But we should not knock others beliefs and things they enjoy. This site is not likely the right place.

newinajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:43 pm

[/quote]
Oh great suffering succotash, Chapalagringa!  Haven't you learned yet how welcome a sermon is on a web board?
Shocked [/quote]

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:55 pm

Mel Blanc was amazing. What a talent.

I very much like the phrase "premature Christmas". Have never heard it before. No, I don't decorate early. But neither do I begrudge anybody who does. It's a lot of work. If they enjoy it, why not? I don't care; make it last.

Could (always) do without the sermons though. Always.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:01 pm

I've known folks in the U.S. who start early, (around now) and leave the decorations up till July.  I say, whatever makes you happy.
When I first started hearing the Chipmunks, in Spanish, at Walmart, it first cracked me up, but it got really old, really fast.  Along with Rudolph and some others.  Aargh!
Basta

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:41 pm

One of the best parts of moving to Mexico was giving up Xmas. No decorations, no presents, no massive debt, no fuss, no stress.......just a nice dinner with family and friends. The way it should be.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:13 pm

CanuckBob wrote:One of the best parts of moving to Mexico was giving up Xmas. No decorations, no presents, no massive debt, no fuss, no stress.......just a nice dinner with family and friends. The way it should be.

You got it!!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:32 am

I agree with you CBob!  The other(gifts, decorating) is just a hobby for fun.  We definately do not go into debt buying gifts and try to buy things that will bless people with things they need.  The first few years we were here I didn't do much of anything at all for Christmas and it was my son that asked for decorations.  Last year was the first year I started to decorate early.  Part of the reason is that I fatigue easily.  Even if it isn't Jesus' real birthday, I still celebrate it now and celebrate it big! Yes, I fall guilty of having a Christmas tree, owning a nativity scene and most of all playing Christmas music and watching Christmas movies! favorite Christmas movies are, "A Charlie Brown Christmas and It's a Wonderful a Life."

I do not like to come across as preaching a sermon here and really am not a preacher at all.  Some people offend my God, me, everything that I believe that gives me hope in this life.  I have never criticised anyone's beliefs here nor mentioned them.  I may fail miserably at even trying to think of a response when asked or criticised and even feel terribly hurt, being put down and treated like poop but it has and never will be my intention to come across as condeming or belittling anyone.  That's never been who or what I'm about, not my job. Everyone will answer for themselves for what they know and do.   So unless you, who can make mayonnaise, don't think you'd like to read about what I believe and live for on this forum, please pass on being mean and offensive to what I hold to be true, right and just, to the only truth that has brought true healing and freedom to me, this is a topic I've started.   There will be plenty of time for weeping and knashing of teeth in hell.  How about trying to stay out of that.   Haven't you ever read the parable of Lazarus and the rich man?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:51 am

If you think that someone saying Jesus may not have existed is mean and offensive , you need to get a life. It is ok for you telling people who do not believe what you believe they will burn in hell but you are offended... please..
By the way I though that to christian all these statues and pagan symbols was idolatry..
You do whatever you want worship Christmas all year long if you want but cut out your preaching and victim attitude. You are offended me with your preaching as well so we are even and move on.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:12 am

Chapalagringa wrote:  There will be plenty of time for weeping and knashing of teeth in hell.  How about trying to stay out of that.  
I think that if I had to spend eternity in heaven listening to harp music and sermonizing people like you I'd be weeping and knashing my teeth for sure....

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down