INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neighbor's Dog Kills My Dog

+12
Flamingo
lunateak
Sideways
NEGringos
brigitte
Trailrunner
oncesubtle
kipissippi
gringal
Intercasa
CanuckBob
Chapalagringa
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Neighbor's Dog Kills My Dog - Page 2 Empty Re: Neighbor's Dog Kills My Dog

Post by Flamingo Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:42 pm

First, Pointers are not hunting dogs in the sense that they attack small prey. THey are bred to locate the prey and show the hunter where it is, not kill it.

Clearly the FRAAC should be backing you up on this, but they have shown themselves to be unwilling to handle dog related issues. Witness the pit bulls who have attacked a cow and at least 3 people with no consequence.

If you look at it as a property issue - the neighbor's irresponsible actions caused you a monetary loss - it becomes pretty straight forward.

Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:10 pm

The fracc isn't very strong. It seems more like maintenance for streets, water pump, street lights and trash, loosely saying. It's not like a gated community that would have more control. Our fracc president recently passed away. It's better just to look at what is fair by the law rather than make it a big fracc issue, in my opinion. At least that's how I look at it, as any other neighborhood I've lived in NOB, I didn't have the office to go run to and report I saw a loose dog etc. How did we ever function NOB without a fracc board?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:15 pm

As a rule hunting dogs are not bread to attack put to point fetch etc..however when they have a very high prey instinct are are not told right from wrong they can go after small dogs and cats.
I remember some small 2 greyhounds killing the cats accross the street, greyhounds are not known to be big killers either.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:23 pm

kipissippi wrote:I agree..the dog should be put down.  It's sad to think that it's more about the cost of the animal than the heart break of losing him.

I don't think one could put a price on the heart break of losing him, the sleepless nights of the event, nor the trauma that my husband experienced having to pick up his little bloody body, his blood on his hands and having to bury him for me because I just couldn't bear to see him like that or 6 year old little foot seeing their pet in that condition, wailing.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:01 pm

The State of Jalisco has a leash law which almost nobody obeys. As far as taking dogs to any of the crowded markets, I do not think it is fair to the dog. They are in constant danger of being stepped on, ( they do not like to be hurt either ), their sensitive ears have to deal with hurtful noise and their noses have to smell delectable odors. The majority of dogs in crowded conditions such as these are frightened. Why would anyone want to do this to their "beloved baby"? It is the uncaring pet owner who subjects their animals to these conditions, most would rather stay home.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:27 pm

Other risky obstacles are strollers. They scare me...not just tripping over but the baby is down below things that get spilled or dropped.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:15 pm

Protection dogs are trained/brainwashed to go for the arms, in case someone is carrying a weapon. Untrained dogs go for the throat - making them many times more dangerous.

Greyhounds are excellent hunters. They can run so fast they hunt by sight - hence sight hounds. In the U.K., and many parts of the U.S.A. they are used in "live coursing", chasing hares, not cotton tail bunnies. This is why the Greyhound tracks chase a fabric "lure".

I sometimes call Chapala Haciendas "Dogtown" - which is not appreciated. I know the house with 16 dogs, I know the house with 20 dogs and one cat, I know the house with 50 cats, I know of at least 8 houses with at least 6 dogs. It is clearly a form of mental illness and clearly animal cruelty.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:37 pm

CHILLIN wrote:Protection dogs are trained/brainwashed to go for the arms, in case someone is carrying a weapon. Untrained dogs go for the throat - making them many times more dangerous.

Greyhounds are excellent hunters. They can run so fast they hunt by sight - hence sight hounds. In the U.K., and many parts of the U.S.A. they are used in "live coursing", chasing hares, not cotton tail bunnies. This is why the Greyhound tracks chase a fabric "lure".

I sometimes call Chapala Haciendas "Dogtown" - which is not appreciated. I know the house with 16 dogs, I know the house with 20 dogs and one cat, I know the house with 50 cats, I know of at least 8 houses with at least 6 dogs. It is clearly a form of mental illness and clearly animal cruelty.

...which is one reason Chapala Haciendas is not a place I'd choose to live. It's bad enough in town when one neighborhood dog sets off all the rest.. but I understand how some things like cohetes spook them......but 20 dogs on one property? All the time?
The kindest way I can think about this is that people must get lonely here in this new country, or they miss family and treat animals like substitute grandchildren.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:43 pm

I certainly don't fault anyone who is required to protect themeselves with a few dogs.  I've had 4 at a time.  2 trained working dogs outside and 2 non shedding ankle biters/alarmists inside.  Dogtown needs homeowners to have dogs if during a crime wave, they don't want their home to be picked off.  

20 dogs? Eww, maybe that's the house I counted 16 outside.  How do you know these things chillin?  You cruise my neighborhood snooping ;) lol

Early this morning the rotty was really upset, i looked in the security camera and sure enough a fox or something ran by.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:55 pm

The nice thing about Chapala Haciendas is that it is really large and I don't happen to live by anyone with more dogs than me. hehe  The homes with 10's of dogs don't bother me.   I sleep with ear plugs anyway.  The only dog that annoys me is my husbands rotty...she gives me a pre heart attack when she barks at night.  I'm ready to buy her a bark collar so I can give her a pre heart attack from my remote control lolol  But she's alarmed us when scorpions have tried to crawl in the bedroom window, so she's a keeper. I just get annoyed when I have to get up, take out the tin pie plate and show her to get her to shush in the middle of the night.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:01 pm

If the law states that there's laws against noise and odor, the neighbor's close to those homes can do something about it.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:33 am

...which is one reason Chapala Haciendas is not a place I'd choose to live.  
The kindest way I can think about this is that people must get lonely here in this new country, or they miss family and treat animals like substitute grandchildren.

No - I think it is a reaction to witnessing how a rural Mexican town treats its dog and cat population. Roof dogs, starving strays, willful cruelty. I wouldn't want to hear and see that everyday either. Suburban people think they are providing a better alternative - it makes them feel good. But this is not natural to have this many animals forced to live in close proximity. Fights and disease are inevitable. Sorry - they just are.

Other solutions, other parts of Mexico? Well Mexico City is euthanizing 20,000 stray dogs PER MONTH. They also have some of the toughest dog ownership laws in the world.

http://dogcare.dailypuppy.com/street-dogs-mexico-1543.html
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:11 am

This thread is wandering further and further afield. Another thread can be started about dogs in CH or Mexico City or on roofs, at tianguis or whatever while we stick to the OP.
It seems there are legal recourses if the OP wants to pursue them. It also seems that her neighbor is interested in preserving a good relationship but is not sure what they can or should do. I doubt they will offer to have their dog put down so that is something the OP is going to have to ask for if she is willing. If the neighbor refuses then the decision becomes to seek legal recourse or not.
Chapalagringa, I am sorry about the horrific loss of your dog. I am also sorry you have further decisions to make about how best to go forward. Wishing you and your family peace and healing.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by ALICIA GH Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:02 pm

Definitely that dog should be put down before it attack another dog or a kid. I am sorry for your loss, but if you do not do anything it will happen again. Maybe if you take the video to the authorities, they could obligate them to train the dog or keep it inside of their property, with the warning that if that happen again, the dog will be put down.
ALICIA GH
ALICIA GH

Humor : Love to laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2