INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas weed whackers available in Guad?

+7
CanuckBob
FeelinGroovy83
sparks
Ezzie
helohfe
David
Milena
11 posters

Go down

Gas weed whackers available in Guad? Empty Gas weed whackers available in Guad?

Post by Milena Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:36 am

My old Echo gas weed whacker is pushing 10 yrs and is going to die eventually. The gardener has jury-rigged buttons & other appendages that have been whacked into concrete walls too many times though the motor just won't give up. Has anyone found either Echo or Stihl gas whackers, the lighter weight curved shaft models, in Guad? And if so, any idea of prices? If not possible to get locally I may need to bring one from NOB soon but prefer to buy locally if possible. Thanks.

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, hedonistic British wit.

Back to top Go down

Gas weed whackers available in Guad? Empty Re: Gas weed whackers available in Guad?

Post by David Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:35 am

Try Amutio and Home Depot.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Gas weed whackers available in Guad? Empty Re: Gas weed whackers available in Guad?

Post by helohfe Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:37 am

The large hardware store on the left as you are entering Chapala from the West...Close to Delicias' restaurant. Used to be an ACE hardware...

helohfe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:54 am

If able to go to Guadalajara, there are several small engine sales and repair shops along the east side of Independencia and Los Angeles/5 de Fevrier (near the bus terminal).

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:29 am

I gave up on my 3000+ peso Ryobi and sold it to a rental place for 500.   Then bought a 500 peso Homelite at Home Depot and no problems for 3 years.  Of course you are limited to extension cord length
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by FeelinGroovy83 Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:33 am

helohfe wrote:The large hardware store on the left as you are entering Chapala from the West...Close to Delicias' restaurant. Used to be an ACE hardware...

They will get it for you if they do not have it in stock.
FeelinGroovy83
FeelinGroovy83
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:35 am

You can get electric cordless (rechargeable) ones at Home Depot. No cord, quiet and you don't have to worry about having gasoline and 2 stroke on hand.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:04 am

CanuckBob wrote:You can get electric cordless (rechargeable) ones at Home Depot. No cord, quiet and you don't have to worry about having gasoline and 2 stroke on hand.

I'll look for my next one ..... didn't see them 3+ years ago
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:15 am

We bought our Stihl weed whacker at the dealer when it was in Ajijic (where the travel agent is now just west of Colon). They have now moved to Jocotepec on the industrial/agricultural suppliers' strip as you are going out of town toward the big Jesus and highway 15. He is next door to the funeral home. It's a big store with lots of equipment and accessories and good service. As I recall, we paid about $430 CAD with some attachments; extra string and flails.
PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:03 am

helohfe wrote:The large hardware store on the left as you are entering Chapala from the West...Close to Delicias' restaurant. Used to be an ACE hardware...

The name of that hardware store is Ferrteteria Calzada, which does carry some ACE branded product. The name has never changed. It is like the “Sony store“ or the “Goodyear shop“, which are not the names of those businesses; simply the largest signs advertizing one of the many products and services available.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Milena Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:52 am

sparks wrote:I gave up on my 3000+ peso Ryobi and sold it to a rental place for 500.   Then bought a 500 peso Homelite at Home Depot and no problems for 3 years.  Of course you are limited to extension cord length

Must be gas- I have a large hillside property with no power supply except at house and numerous trees & plants to impede electrical cords. It is specifically an Echo or Stihl gas whacker with curved shaft I am looking for. My gardener is no bigger than me and I am short! Thanks.

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, hedonistic British wit.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:57 pm

Then go to the Stihl store in Joco!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:24 pm

I need to get out more and go further afield...thanks for letting me know where the Sthil store moved. Gracias.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:40 am

Where exactly is that Stihl store in Joco? On which side of the road?

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:04 am

When you drive from Ajijic, it is just past the last traffic light, traveling south. There is a Farmacia on the southeast corner of the intersection. Next door to the Farmacia is a funeral home with a large red sign over the entrance and usually has a sandwich sign out. Next door to it is the Stihl dealer. They have a large store front with various items on display racks. It is on your left as you go through the intersection. The store manager (her name is Elizabeth) speaks a bit of English.
ELIZABETH COSIO
GERENTE
Tel. (387) 763-1232
joco.gerencia@maquinariayagricultura.com

PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down