INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick question... can you pick up US atomic clock signals latkeside?

+2
Flamingo
JoeInMO
6 posters

Go down

Quick question... can you pick up US atomic clock signals latkeside? Empty Quick question... can you pick up US atomic clock signals latkeside?

Post by JoeInMO Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:11 pm

I like to use atomic clocks so they never have to be set and are extremely accurate (I have 11 of them in my current home). Does anyone know if the USA signal makes it down as far as Lakeside or not?

Thanks,
-Joe

JoeInMO

Back to top Go down

Quick question... can you pick up US atomic clock signals latkeside? Empty Re: Quick question... can you pick up US atomic clock signals latkeside?

Post by slainte39 Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:57 pm

Yes, I have several and the signal reaches us from somewhere in Colorado, USA.
Maybe Ft. Collins??.....I'm not sure.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Quick question... can you pick up US atomic clock signals latkeside? Empty Re: Quick question... can you pick up US atomic clock signals latkeside?

Post by JoeInMO Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:08 pm

slainte39 wrote:Yes, I have several and the signal reaches us from somewhere in Colorado, USA.

Yes, Ft. Collins, Colorado. I just didn't know if the signal made it that far or not. THANK YOU!!

Little things like that make a big decision for me.

Thanks gain,
-Joe

JoeInMO

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:17 pm

JoeInMO wrote:
slainte39 wrote:Yes, I have several and the signal reaches us from somewhere in Colorado, USA.

Yes, Ft. Collins, Colorado.  I just didn't know if the signal made it that far or not.  THANK YOU!!

Little things like that make a big decision for me.  

Thanks gain,
-Joe

Knowing that I got involved and participated in such a big decision process, I probably won't sleep tonight.   lol!

Seriously.....!No hay de que!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:19 pm

The atomic clock remains on U.S. time, so when the U.S. changes to and from Day Light Savings 3 weeks early, so does the clock. You just need to remember that the minutes are right, but the hour is wrong, for about 6 weeks out of the year.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:24 am

Flamingo wrote:The atomic clock remains on U.S. time, so when the U.S. changes to and from Day Light Savings 3 weeks early, so does the clock. You just need to remember that the minutes are right, but the hour is wrong, for about 6 weeks out of the year.

I just move the setting over to Mountain Time (-7 Greenwich Time) for those short periods and then back to Central Time when we are back in sync.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:40 am

Yes it works MOST of the time depending on sky conditions radio wise. Just checked with my Sony portable shortwave using built in antenna.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:48 am

do you really needs clocks in Ajijic????
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:52 am

gvprod wrote:do you really needs clocks in Ajijic????

I thought they used Donkey Balls  Beer

So an American man is wondering around Mexico and begins to wonder what time it is.
The American spots a Mexican man having a siesta and decides to wake the Mexican.
The American man asks, "Senor, do you know what time it is?"
The Mexican man looks to a donkey beside him, places his hand on the donkey's balls and lifts them up for a second, then releases the donkey's balls.
The Mexican replies, "It's about 3:45."
The American is flipping out at this time and asks the Mexican in amazement, "How the hell did you do that, man!?"
The Mexican looks at him, slightly irritated and responds, "I place my hand on the donkey's balls, lift, and look at the clock on the wall."

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:11 pm

gvprod wrote:do you really needs clocks in Ajijic????

These clocks tell you the year.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down