INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

removal of asbestos water tank

+3
gringal
helohfe
itsme
7 posters

Go down

removal of asbestos water tank Empty removal of asbestos water tank

Post by itsme Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:05 pm

The bomberos say it is dirty, in bad condition and needs to be replaced. It is also a breeding ground for mosquitoes. So the concern is also for Dengue. Does anyone know of a company which handles the safe removal of asbestos? I know in the states there are companies for this. TIA

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

removal of asbestos water tank Empty Re: removal of asbestos water tank

Post by helohfe Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:02 pm

If is still serviceable your gardener will know some one who will want it and with some of his friends will remove it for no cost to you. They will then clean it and use it for the next 20+ years. Asbestos is only problematic when inhahed as fine particulate matter over some period of time..This isn't VX.

helohfe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:02 pm

I was told not to let anyone smash it up as that is done here. I do not know how the gardener would get it down from the third story roof without dropping and smashing it. I don't know what VX is, however in the states and the UK it is highly regulated. I do know I do not want asbestos debris on my property.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:07 pm

helohfe wrote:If is still serviceable your gardener will know some one who will want it and with some of his friends will remove it for no cost to you. They will then clean it and use it for the next 20+ years. Asbestos is only problematic when inhahed as fine particulate matter over some period of time..This isn't VX.

This is the truth. Our terrazza was covered by corrugated asbestos sheets which we wanted GONE. So, the contractor's workers very carefully removed them and they disappeared. I have a pretty good idea what their fate was. Evil or Very Mad

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:17 pm

ours was smashed and removed. you ain't NOB. our entire roof is asbestos and i don't care.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:26 am

gringal wrote:
helohfe wrote:If is still serviceable your gardener will know some one who will want it and with some of his friends will remove it for no cost to you. They will then clean it and use it for the next 20+ years. Asbestos is only problematic when inhahed as fine particulate matter over some period of time..This isn't VX.

This is the truth.  Our terrazza was covered by corrugated asbestos sheets which we wanted GONE.  So, the contractor's workers very carefully removed them and they disappeared.  I have a pretty good idea what their fate was. Evil or Very Mad

And they still use asbestos roofing sheets here in Mexico.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:15 am

Asbestos tanks, roof sheeting, etc. is just fine if handled carefully. The problems come with inhaling air-borne fibrous dust from it - proved to have been a dangerous contributor to lung cancer. If they can remove the tank intact and are outdoors, the danger level should be nil. If you want to be really sure - get the workers some breathing masks that are rated for toxic dust.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:21 am

when our workers redid our roof i supplied them with masks. as to the smashing of the old asbestos tinaco there weren't no dust and it was a lot easier dropping the pieces than trying to lift it down to ground.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

removal of asbestos water tank Empty asbesto

Post by motoman123 Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:00 am

I did some removal in my other life in my construction co in the state and removal was highly regulated,my suggestion would be to have the best disposable masks you can fine and keep the asbestos sprayed down with water as you remove the product you are trying to control the tiny fibers that are the nasty problem a good hose and a fine mist are what you need.
Best

motoman123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down