INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Lady Otter Latté on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:27 am


Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6689
Join date : 2011-07-26

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Stu on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:31 am


Uh huh, and you will notice that none were centered anywhere near Guadalajara nor did Guadalajara receive any damage from them. Guadalajara is not considered a seismic zone.

Stu
Member
Member

Posts : 31
Join date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by viajero on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:34 am

Pedro wrote: i think it may have been around 2000 when a bunch of buildings in guadalajara were also damaged and destroyed.
Maybe you're thinking of the explosion on Calle Gantes in 1992 which was due to gasoline leaking into the sewer system,I don't remember hearing of any earthquakes like you're describing.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5755
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : San Pedro de los Saguaros
Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Lady Otter Latté on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:29 pm

Stu, I never said anything about the information. I just posted the link for those who are interested in facts as opposed to personal opinions.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6689
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Chapala
Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Pedro on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:26 pm

we came to see chapala either at the end of 2000 or 2001. shortly after new years when we returned to alberta, our friend in chapala contacted us and told us he experienced his first ever eq when he came running out of a cyber cafe on maderos the lamposts were swaying like crazy ,something he had never seen before having come from florida. a friend from guadalajara with a large plumbing business told me that he got a lot of work in schools and other gummint business. so what was it then?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Flamingo on Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:03 pm

Stu wrote:

Uh huh, and you will notice that none were centered anywhere near Guadalajara nor did Guadalajara receive any damage from them. Guadalajara is not considered a seismic zone.

Stu - I suggest you read Judy King's book Living at Lake Chapala, pages 177-79. It doesn't take a major or even minor earthquake (and we have a minor earthquake ever few years) to disrupt a major fault line such as the one that runs across the land for the proposed monstrosity. Digging the several hundred foot pilings it would take to hold up a structure that big would slide the whole side of the hill across the careterra.

razberry
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1530
Join date : 2011-10-14

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Pedro on Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:14 pm

at some time recently again, the scientists that do that sort of thing, mapped out the fault lines here on the north shore.
a few short years ago that quake that hit near jocotepec split a friends house in half and made her property worthless in el chante so she moved to sma and rents. lived in that place for about 20 years.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Stu on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:23 pm

Flamingo wrote:
Stu wrote:

Uh huh, and you will notice that none were centered anywhere near Guadalajara nor did Guadalajara receive any damage from them. Guadalajara is not considered a seismic zone.

Stu - I suggest you read Judy King's book Living at Lake Chapala, pages 177-79. It doesn't take a major or even minor earthquake (and we have a minor earthquake ever few years) to disrupt a major fault line such as the one that runs across the land for the proposed monstrosity. Digging the several hundred foot pilings it would take to hold up a structure that big would slide the whole side of the hill across the careterra.

razberry

Who the hell is Judy King? The last quake centered near the lake was 3 years ago. Take a look at the link otter lady posted. I have lived in Guadalajara for a very long time. I have been in large earthquakes on the coast. I have met and talked to geologists from here and other countries about the risks of a dangerous quake in this part of the state. This area will occasionally feel a little shake from quakes that are a long way off. No damage outside of a broken glass or two. Show some facts and not some (edit by mod).

Stu
Member
Member

Posts : 31
Join date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Stu on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:25 pm

BTW flamingo, can you please post the name of the major fault line you mentioned in your above post?

Stu
Member
Member

Posts : 31
Join date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Smartalex on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:44 pm

While the Lake Chapala area may not be much of an earthquake zone, it is geologically active. The lake itself sits in the surface depression created when an underground deposit of magma spewed forth from Mt. Colima, leaving an underground void, which later collapsed, creating the surface depression known to geologists as a caldera. Obviously, we still have magma deposits below us, which explains why we have natural hot springs and easy access to geothermal waters. In Chapala, Avenida Hidalgo was once called Calle Aguascalientes because there were natural hot springs along the roadway. More recently, the land along Hidalgo shifted, leaving a kilometer-long stretch of uninhabitable and abandoned buildings.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2655
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : Chapala

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by NoTengoNada on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:57 pm

The earthquake a couple of years ago caused damage to our house and cracked our walls and we live in LA Floresta. We still remember the bed moving and the pool water splashing six feet out from the pool.

NoTengoNada
Junior Member
Junior Member

Posts : 28
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Flamingo on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:03 pm

Stu wrote:
Flamingo wrote:
Stu wrote:

Uh huh, and you will notice that none were centered anywhere near Guadalajara nor did Guadalajara receive any damage from them. Guadalajara is not considered a seismic zone.

Stu - I suggest you read Judy King's book Living at Lake Chapala, pages 177-79. It doesn't take a major or even minor earthquake (and we have a minor earthquake ever few years) to disrupt a major fault line such as the one that runs across the land for the proposed monstrosity. Digging the several hundred foot pilings it would take to hold up a structure that big would slide the whole side of the hill across the careterra.

razberry

Who the hell is Judy King? The last quake centered near the lake was 3 years ago. Take a look at the link otter lady posted. I have lived in Guadalajara for a very long time. I have been in large earthquakes on the coast. I have met and talked to geologists from here and other countries about the risks of a dangerous quake in this part of the state. This area will occasionally feel a little shake from quakes that are a long way off. No damage outside of a broken glass or two. Show some facts and not some (edit by mod).

Judy King is a long-time resident and local area guru, former realtor, current column writer for the Guadalajara Reporter and author of Living at Lake Chapala. She has an entire chapter devoted to the "Fault Lines of Lakeside" starting on p. 174. Before you write anything more foolish things, I suggest you read the book.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1530
Join date : 2011-10-14

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Stu on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:46 pm

Former realtor? Impressive. I read reports prepared by geologists from the UdG, UNAM etc. You can have your guru.

Now, what is the name of the "major" fault line? According to your guru, of course.

Stu
Member
Member

Posts : 31
Join date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by kipissippi on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:49 am

Stu wrote:Former realtor? Impressive. I read reports prepared by geologists from the UdG, UNAM etc. You can have your guru.

Now, what is the name of the "major" fault line? According to your guru, of course.


You only got "former realtor" out of that?
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1859
Join date : 2010-04-04
Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Lady Otter Latté on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:54 am

Stu is being deliberately provocative, trolling for reactions. The fewer he gets the sooner he will go away. Doubt this is the first we have seen of "Stu" and he will be back again under a new identity because this is what he does. Rolling Eyes
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6689
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Chapala
Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Pedro on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:59 am

Stu wrote:Former realtor? Impressive. I read reports prepared by geologists from the UdG, UNAM etc. You can have your guru.

Now, what is the name of the "major" fault line? According to your guru, of course.

yes-geologists fer sure. the guru may or may not have read reports from same and may or may not have understood them.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by viajero on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:18 am

Where I'm from there are lots of earthquakes....and lots of tall buildings..

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5755
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : San Pedro de los Saguaros
Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Stu on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:31 am

kipissippi wrote:
Stu wrote:Former realtor? Impressive. I read reports prepared by geologists from the UdG, UNAM etc. You can have your guru.

Now, what is the name of the "major" fault line? According to your guru, of course.


You only got "former realtor" out of that?

Read again. I also got "guru". OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Stu
Member
Member

Posts : 31
Join date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by kipissippi on Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:10 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Stu is being deliberately provocative, trolling for reactions. The fewer he gets the sooner he will go away. Doubt this is the first we have seen of "Stu" and he will be back again under a new identity because this is what he does.  Rolling Eyes

What I'm puzzled about is a couple of my responses to him have disappeared.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1859
Join date : 2010-04-04
Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by viajero on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:22 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Stu is being deliberately provocative, trolling for reactions. The fewer he gets the sooner he will go away. Doubt this is the first we have seen of "Stu" and he will be back again under a new identity because this is what he does.  Rolling Eyes
God forbid that someone who actually knows something about Mexico be allowed to post here..
Thank goodness that we have forum den mothers to keep them in line..

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5755
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : San Pedro de los Saguaros
Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Pedro on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:27 pm

viajero wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:Stu is being deliberately provocative, trolling for reactions. The fewer he gets the sooner he will go away. Doubt this is the first we have seen of "Stu" and he will be back again under a new identity because this is what he does.  Rolling Eyes
God forbid that someone who actually knows something about Mexico be allowed to post here..
Thank goodness that we have forum den mothers to keep them in line..
BIG GIANT SNORK! i can't stop laughing-jajajajajajajajajajajja!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Stu on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:28 pm

MC and Harry Buttbrain, aka Caco y Macaco, are trying to convince the readers on TOB that the new administration can arbitrarily revoke the permits. Another example of their complete ignorance when it comes to how things work in this country. MC suspended me because he can't handle truthful content or anything that runs contrary to his bullshit. But as the saying goes, what goes around, comes around. And he may be in for a big surprise one of these days.


Stu
Member
Member

Posts : 31
Join date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by arbon on Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:04 pm

Stu wrote:MC and Harry Buttbrain, aka Caco y Macaco, are trying to convince the readers on TOB that the new administration can arbitrarily revoke the permits. Another example of their complete ignorance when it comes to how things work in this country. MC suspended me because he can't handle truthful content or anything that runs contrary to his bullshit. But as the saying goes, what goes around, comes around. And he may be in for a big surprise one of these days.


No bigger surprize than over paying for his under built house and broken appliances.

Just waiting for a Chapala politician to offer to buy his house at a fair Mexican price.

arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 899
Join date : 2011-07-16
Age : 81
Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Rosa Venus on Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:52 pm

All I can say is, thank goodness the Grand Mufti has a new pet project to keep him foaming at the mouth. He is really going to town over there in his personal sandbox. The Coonster is like a Super Hero Action Figure! Rolling Eyes
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2015
Join date : 2012-05-24
Location : Mexico
Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by viajero on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:19 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:All I can say is, thank goodness the Grand Mufti has a new pet project to keep him foaming at the mouth. He is really going to town over there in his personal sandbox. The Coonster is like a Super Hero Action Figure! Rolling Eyes
Now he's lauding Franco's regime for curbing corruption in Spain..
Dictator envy??

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5755
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : San Pedro de los Saguaros
Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Flamingo on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:30 pm

viajero wrote:Where I'm from there are lots of earthquakes....and lots of tall buildings..

This is just a guess, but I suspect that not too many people are dim enough to build high rises on top of existing faults in the rock.

And regarding the fault line, if you don't believe me, talk to Brad Grieve, P.Eng. MBA. And FYI, Judy has forgotten more about Lakeside than your little friend, Lisa Jorgenson, will ever know.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1530
Join date : 2011-10-14

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 4 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum