INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spencer - INAPAM card

+2
Intercasa
simpsca
6 posters

Go down

Spencer - INAPAM card Empty Spencer - INAPAM card

Post by simpsca Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:37 pm

I can't figure out where to post this so I'm posting here. Spencer do they have the INAPAM cards in Chapala yet? Don't forget I want one when they come in, and let me know what documents I need.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Spencer - INAPAM card Empty Re: Spencer - INAPAM card

Post by Intercasa Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:27 pm

They say yes one day and no the next, call Denise at my office Monday at 9am and she can go check and then take you and any ohers the next day to mke sure if they had the vards they ares till there.

Denise 765-7553
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:37 pm

Great I'll follow up with Denise and when they are in I'll come in with the docs she needs. I assume Denise can take my papers and get the card? I've had friends driving in to check and it's yes they will be here next week and they never are. I'm not wasting gas from San Juan Cosala to check on them. So I'll wait until Denise tells me they are ready.

Thanks, Carolyn
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Yes, she can check so you won´t have to drive in.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:23 pm

Great I'll check with her Monday afternoon.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:54 pm

What a sad joke. The DIF office in Chapala has been pulling this phony stunt of running out of INAPAM Cards for years. We have had INAPAM Cards for maybe eight years and have saved a ton of money using those cards for various discounts, especially luxury bus tickets . I guess the problem is that there are too many geezers at Lake Chapala and they pull the "no more cards" stunt periodically so they don´t break into a sweat issuing new ones. It´s a standing joke and Spencer´s office can´t change that fact despite assurances to the contrary.

This same crap applies when us old extranjeros apply for "equal opportunity" discounts on taxes and utilities in Chapala where those discounts, which are supposed to be offered on a non-discriminatory basis to nationals and foreign residents alike, are not offered to foreign permanent residents. We don´t experience this gross discrimination here in Chiapas where there are few foreigners.

What Chapala is doing discriminating against foreign residents violates federal law forbidding discrimination against non-citizen residents but that ain´t my problem. Dawg has his INAPAM card and gets his tax and utility discounts in Chiapas. You´ll have to fight your own battles.

Last edited by hound dog on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by elgringo Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:07 am

What is a INAPAM card?
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:00 am

elgringo wrote:What is a INAPAM card?

A wallet sized ID card issued by the Instituto Nacional de Las Personas Adultos Mayores identifying the bearer as of an advanced age and thereby qualifying for certain senior citizen´s discounts on everything from 50% off of standard passenger fares on interstate luxury buses and other public transportation conveyances to museums, galleries, national parks and so forth. The INAPAM Card is also good for discounts on prescription drugs at certain pharmacies such as most big box stores all over Mexico. In addition, we get a 50% discount on property taxes and our annual water bill in Chiapas but not in Chapala where they refuse to honor their obligation to give the discount to elderly card holders presumably because there are so many of us living in that jurisdiction. As an example of the card´s usefulness, if you ever visit the spectacular ruins at Palenque in Chiapas, you pay no fee to enter and avoid waiting in line with more youthful visitors or uncarded geezers. To give you some idea of how useful these cards are, we often take luxury buses from Guadalajara to San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas and we save about the equivalent of $150USD per round trip.

DIF in Chapala should issue you an INAPAM Card along with a DIF Card the latter of which is useful for local discounts although we have never used the DIF Card in the several years we have each held one.

One does not need help from any third party to get either DIF Jalisco or INAPAM Cards in Chapala at the DIF office unless, of course, the people at DIF continue to claim to have run out of cards as they do periodically. Even then, third party assistance is not required and the applicant simply needs to return once a new supply of cards has been received by DIF. The cards are free.

Some jurisdictions only issue INAPAM Cards to foreigners holding "inmigrante" (FM-2) or "inmigrado" (permanent residency) status considering FM-3 "non-inmigrante" visa holders disqualified. Other jurisdictions also issue the cards to FM-3 holders.

Last edited by hound dog on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Anyone know the new URL of INAPAM? The old link does not work --www.INAPAM.gob.mx
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:09 pm

Try this: http://www.inapam.gob.mx/index/index.php
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:07 pm

Thanks. I found that the website was down this morning when I was trying to access it. The computer gods were angry with me.

BTW the rules say an FM3 is OK even though some offices are reported to be still using the old rule requiring an FM2.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brercottage385 Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Can anyone help me with the documents I need to take to the DIF office to get a INAPAM and DIF card? I will be going to the Joco office.

brercottage385

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down