INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frustrated... Perhaps you can help me find a place

+5
RoofBob
juanrey
gringal
Lady Otter Latté
tictoc
9 posters

Go down

Frustrated... Perhaps you can help me find a place Empty Frustrated... Perhaps you can help me find a place

Post by tictoc Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:04 am

So I have been a member on this board for a couple of years. I always look at the for sale/rent so I can get an idea of what I can expect when the time comes to move down. I frequently see homes that have a few months window where they are available, but then they are not. Well, the time has come for me to get a place, but the people that I can get to actually return my calls do not want to rent to me because we are 4 months away... I have even gone so far as to offer 4 months + security deposit up front... my family and I are looking for a 3br place with a yard; $800mo tops, but would depend on terms and location. Would prefer lower La Floresta, but are not apposed to living far out (Joco, etc). Would prefer short term, but are willing to do long term for the right price/location. My wife needs to file an "intent to relocate" because of custody with her X and we really need an address to put on it. In other words, we are pretty flexible, but really want to get this nailed down!!! I hope there is someone out there that can help.
Thanks in advance, we appreciate your help.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Frustrated... Perhaps you can help me find a place Empty Re: Frustrated... Perhaps you can help me find a place

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:15 am

You are offering what sounds to me like a great deal for a landlord who has an empty unit with no reservations in sight. Four months rent up front with no one in the place and then at least a few more months after that. Perhaps some property owners here can weigh in on what is the downside of this kind of deal for them?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Frustrated... Perhaps you can help me find a place Empty Re: Frustrated... Perhaps you can help me find a place

Post by gringal Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:49 am

tictoc wrote:So I have been a member on this board for a couple of years. I always look at the for sale/rent so I can get an idea of what I can expect when the time comes to move down. I frequently see homes that have a few months window where they are available, but then they are not. Well, the time has come for me to get a place, but the people that I can get to actually return my calls do not want to rent to me because we are 4 months away... I have even gone so far as to offer 4 months + security deposit up front... my family and I are looking for a 3br place with a yard;  $800mo tops, but would depend on terms and location. Would prefer lower La Floresta, but are not apposed to living far out (Joco, etc). Would prefer short term, but are willing to do long term for the right price/location. My wife needs to file an "intent to relocate" because of custody with her X and we really need an address to put on it. In other words, we are pretty flexible, but really want to get this nailed down!!! I hope there is someone out there that can help.
Thanks in advance, we appreciate your help.  

Another route is the rental agencies. I've dealt with Roma Realty and found them to be very cooperative.
email: mexrealy@prodigy.net.mx
Phone: 766 3163

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:13 pm

TicToc, did you see the 3BR that I posted for a friend over in Mirasol.
It's a nice house with a walled yard for pets. Good landlord too.
Take a look it might work for you.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:20 pm

tictoc wrote: My wife needs to file an "intent to relocate" because of custody with her X and we really need an address to put on it.

If need be you are welcome to use our address for your 'intent to relocate'. We have apartments for rent, are legitimate and advertise on the Internet so we are easy to verify. I only wish I had a property that could fill your needs as we do love advance reservations.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:56 pm

Make sure your 'intent to relocate' success rate in your jurisdiction is highly in your favor before sending anyone here almost $4000 US. Just because the parents agree does not mean the court will accept the custody modification. They act in the best interest of the child so nothing is ever a given with that crowd. Your attorney will know but you have left it very late.

It is typical that agencies won't work with you more than 45 to 60 days out. They are notoriously lax in communication via email or phone and tend to perform "in the moment".

Most of the winter rentals etc will be cleared out by April and May and ready for renting. Do not hesitate to look at winter rentals when you do begin looking. Many times those homes can become year long leases even if they have been rented for next winter. Doesn't seem fair but people are often left high and dry here with just weeks or days to regroup.

As for up front large amounts be extremely cautious about who you are dealing with because if some unscrupulous person knows you won't use the place for a stretch of months they could double rent it.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:17 pm

been there done that,access/ custody shananigans. wouldn't grant an intent to relocate to another country so how do you know the x would grant it especially if he is a carrying parent to "THEIR"child? and as solajijic pointed out the courts might not allow and appoint an amicus curiae to represent the child as they should, in any event.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:06 pm

juanrey wrote:TicToc, did you see the 3BR that I posted for a friend over in Mirasol.
It's a nice house with a walled yard for pets.  Good landlord too.
Take a look it might work for you.
Sure did, looks like a good place. Please see first post as the landlord applies...

Last edited by tictoc on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:13 pm

solajijic wrote:Make sure your 'intent to relocate' success rate in your jurisdiction is highly in your favor before sending anyone here almost $4000 US.  Just because the parents agree does not mean the court will accept the custody modification. They act in the best interest of the child so nothing is ever a given with that crowd. Your attorney will know but you have left it very late.

It is typical that agencies won't work with you more than 45 to 60 days out.  They are notoriously lax in communication via email or phone and tend to perform "in the moment".

Most of the winter rentals etc will be cleared out by April and May and ready for renting. Do not hesitate to look at winter rentals when you do begin looking.  Many times those homes can become year long leases even if they have been rented for next winter.  Doesn't seem fair but people are often left high and dry here with just weeks or days to regroup.

As for up front large amounts be extremely cautious about who you are dealing with because if some unscrupulous person knows you won't use the place for a stretch of months they could double rent it.
Well, we are coming no matter what. worse case, my wife will just have to fly to Indianan instead of the child coming to us. As for the large sum, I would only do it using an escrow agent (third party), so my chances of getting screwed should be limited.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:19 pm

I myself am a landlord and would jump on this in the market down there... I just don't get it. Oh and we have tried rental agencies. We called one on a specific property they had listed. After we told then how far out we were, there attitude changed and they advised us to take a look at there website... How do you think we found you in the first place... Id 10t...

I have to tell you, I am VERY unimpressed with the realtors and rental agents down there!!!!!

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:23 pm

Other people have said working with agencies and Realtors down here is frustrating. Guess it is even worse long distance. Best of luck.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:26 pm

RoofBob wrote:
tictoc wrote: My wife needs to file an "intent to relocate" because of custody with her X and we really need an address to put on it.

If need be you are welcome to use our address for your 'intent to relocate'. We have apartments for rent, are legitimate and advertise on the Internet so we are easy to verify. I only wish I had a property that could fill your needs as we do love advance reservations.
Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, me and my wife refuse to lie for any reason.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:29 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Other people have said working with agencies and Realtors down here is frustrating. Guess it is even worse long distance. Best of luck.
Ya, frustrating is what I would call it when we spent two weeks down there at the end of 2013 and tried to work with two of them. Now... well... I don't even know what to say!!! Basta

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:16 pm

we worked with lulu at hernandez for 6 months before we moved and she phoned us constantly on vonage. by the time we got there it was obvious that she knew exactly what we wanted and we bought the first place she showed us and have lived in it for almost 9 years. we got it for well below the asking price.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:12 am

There are a couple of places for rent here in Mirasol.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:34 am

Hensley wrote:There are a couple of places for rent here in Mirasol.
If you would be so kind, please PM me some information. Thanks

P.S. Just to clarify, we will be coming down after the school year. So mid June ish. This seems perfect to me. A landlord could do month- month with someone until june/july and then rent to us for a year. I really don't see the problem. Is the market really so great down there.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:13 pm

You will arrive in the off season for rentals. There will be plenty of them and most landlords really want long termers.

Don't sweat it, just come on down, find a B&B or similar (off season for them too) and you won't have to rent something sight unseen.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:18 pm

Mainecoons wrote:You will arrive in the off season for rentals.  There will be plenty of them and most landlords really want long termers.

Don't sweat it, just come on down, find a B&B or similar (off season for them too) and you won't have to rent something sight unseen.

yup-that's all ya need ta know. don't worry-ya won't be in the b&b too long.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:01 pm

Mainecoons, normally that is very good advice. However, according to the OP:
"My wife needs to file an "intent to relocate" because of custody with her X and we really need an address to put on it. In other words, we are pretty flexible, but really want to get this nailed down!!!"
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:29 pm

the op has been given brief family law advice both american and canadian as regards the plausibility of an intent to relocate to a foreign country and the op has wisely said that they are rethinking that part of their equation.
hopefully they will seek legal counsel for this very important issue in the best interests of the child.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:52 pm

Pedro wrote: the op has wisely said that they are rethinking that part of their equation.
hopefully they will seek legal counsel for this very important issue in the best interests of the child.
Um the OP has not said any such thing... We have sought out real legal advice and they have advised us that we would be better served if we have an actual address to put on the "intent". So I am hoping some one will be able to help us with what we are actually needing help with.

Thanks for your time.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down