INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRESCRIPTION PRICES IN USA

+5
Clueless
arbon
Pedro
Walter
Jim W
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PRESCRIPTION PRICES IN USA - Page 2 Empty Re: PRESCRIPTION PRICES IN USA

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:22 am

Yeah even with this insurance I would be reluctant to use any medical services in the US for fear that the insurance company would screw me. Unless I was down and out I would be more inclined to get my arse back to Mexico on the next flight out.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:34 am

i have been rejected by travel insurance and i have the kind of pre-existing shyte that would indeed bankrupt us and so does my wife. any insurance that we could get would be astronomically expensive and not worth traveling to the excited states. my first 4 stents,5 days in hospital[3 days intensive care] del carmen , guadalajara-$23,000 cdn. betcha that would be about $230,000 in the excited states. and yes they would have access to our bank in canada probably through the courts. at the age of 71 i can do without the aggravation,thanks.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gpbasap Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:48 am

Pedro wrote:
Pedro wrote:that's the other reason we don't ever want to travel there because if we get hospitalized the hospital will have access to our canadian bank account and no doubt bankrupt us.
i stick by this.

Should be easy to stick by your decision...you're probably on the "too stupid to fly list". razberry
gpbasap
gpbasap
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:53 am

"...and yes they would have access to our bank in canada probably through the courts."

Yup. Just keep making up your own facts if it works for you. Never let reality get in your way.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:"...and yes they would have access to our bank in canada probably through the courts."

Yup. Just keep making up your own facts if it works for you. Never let reality get in your way.

Why Americans Are Drowning in Medical Debt

Healthcare is the number-one cause of personal bankruptcy and is responsible for more collections than credit cards.

Roughly 40 percent (120,000,000) of Americans owe collectors money for times they were sick. U.S. adults are likelier than those in other developed countries to struggle to pay their medical bills or to forgo care because of cost.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:35 pm

Arbon, Please reply to the comment I was addressing instead of starting a whole new discussion. What Pedro said (and I commented on) and what you just quoted are not even related.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:25 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Arbon, Please reply to the comment I was addressing instead of starting a whole new discussion. What Pedro said (and I commented on) and what you just quoted are not even related.
yes they are whether you like it or not. we have relatives and friends in the excited states including a family who were once millionaires and went bankrupt trying to save their son and your comments regarding what i said about what could happen to a canadian in my wife's and my circumstances merely shows your lack of knowledge. tell me oh smart one where i am wrong-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:41 pm

Two Canadian seniors have been "blindsided" by $100,000-plus in U.S. medical bills, despite buying full coverage travel insurance for trips south.

"It’s just been a terribly, terribly stressful few months," said Joanne Parr, 67, of North Bay, Ont.

"It just threw me for a loop totally," said John Toljanich, 74, of North Vancouver, B.C.  "I am on anti-depressant pills now, for the first time ever … because of this claim."

Canadian Seniors
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:46 pm

Canadian Mom Faces Million-Dollar Medical Bill

A Saskatchewan couple may be stuck with medical bills of nearly $1,000,000 because their child was born prematurely during a vacation in Hawaii. Their insurance company refuses to pay for the delivery and the recovery, arguing the pregnancy was high-risk and a pre-existing condition.

Jennifer Huculak and her husband took the trip last October, when she was six months pregnant. They bought travel insurance from Blue Cross and checked with a Huculak's doctor before flying.

Two days into the vacation, her water broke. Her baby daughter arrived more than 2 months early and spent weeks in intensive care, while Huculak also needed weeks of bed rest. The family's hospital bill totaled $950,000.

Canadian mom gives birth
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Arbon, please show me the link to the part of the stories where the hospitals accessed the Canadians' bank accounts while they were in hospital and emptied them as Pedro stated they "probably" would and then doubled down on later. I said he was making up facts again and have seen nothing to cause me to change my mind.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:43 pm

you really don't get it. whether they do it while we are there or after is irrelevant. my daughter who lives in the excited states fully understands why we won't visit there and they must come here or meet in canada. and arbon has given enough anecdotes to prove the point to anyone with half a brain in gear. there is enough info presented here to make any sensible canadian beware of travel to the excited states with or without alleged med insurance if they have serious conditions and maybe not even those. whether you change your mind or not is totally meaningless to anyone that has the power of deduction.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:53 pm

You do not get that you are responsible for what you say.
You said hospitals can access your bank account and drain it while you are in hospital. THAT IS NOT TRUE. I was not discussing or commenting on anything else in this thread. What I commented on was you once again making stuff up and stating it as though it is fact when it is not.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:59 pm

i said they can drain it period and that is fact. what of relevance do you have to add that disputes that besides your usual dreck? carry on.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:09 pm

"that's the other reason we don't ever want to travel there because if we get hospitalized the hospital will have access to our canadian bank account and no doubt bankrupt us." Pedro
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:53 pm

Medical Debt Collection

A serious illness or even a relatively brief stay in a hospital is apt to leave you with a pile of medical bills that you cannot afford to pay, even if you have health insurance. If you don’t pay them or if you don’t pay them quickly enough, you end up in medical debt collections.  

Many medical providers are feeling financially pinched by our country’s broken health care system. As a result, a growing number of them have become very aggressive about collecting their patients’ unpaid medical debts. These medical providers don’t care if you have few financial resources, if you continue to be ill, if you are unable to work anymore, and so on. They want their money! To get it, hospitals, individual doctors and the debt collectors they may hire may use one or more of the following medical debt collection tactics to get you to pay up:
•Obtain court orders to garnish your wages, assuming wage garnishment is legal in your state.

•Sue you for the money that they are owed.
•Put liens on your home.

•Threaten to ruin your credit by reporting your past due medical debt to one or more of the credit reporting agencies.

Having even a small medical debt reported as past due or in collections can seriously damage your credit history, you may be tempted to pay just to protect your credit.

Some medical providers may even try to pressure you into paying your debt owe by refusing to provide you (or one of your family members) with additional medical care until you do. Some of them may even refuse you future care while you are paying off your debt through an installment plan! Others may have a policy that as long as you owe them money, you must pay up-front for all future medical services they provide to you.

Warning: Aggressive medical providers can be a special problem for seniors living on fixed incomes when their spouses have been hospitalized or have accumulated a large outstanding bill with one or more of their doctors.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2