INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medicare Coverage

4 posters

Go down

Medicare Coverage Empty Medicare Coverage

Post by Jim W Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:12 am

Just checked the price for my blood pressure meds......my cost in USA $5.41 for a 30 day supply, cost in Mexico 45 pesos! Just an fyi! This is the most common med needed by us fops! (FREAKING OLD PEOPLE!)
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Medicare Coverage Empty Re: Medicare Coverage

Post by Jim W Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:47 pm

Another reason medical is so pricey in the USA.   In Mexico I had a colonoscopy in 2005, made the appointment directly with the Lab in NW Guadalajara.  Followed instructions, and after no referral the cost was 2550 pesos including lab work.

In the US, I had to meet my primary care physician, and he scheduled me for meeting with a Medical Director of Gastroenterology, who scheduled me for the colonoscopy.  

Gawd only knows the total cost, but after two appt. am scheduled for the procedure in 2 weeks.   WTF......the Medical director took my BP, checked my lungs, weighed me,  looked down my throat....(he obviously is looking in the wrong end) LMAO....so now we know why it might be so expensive in the US?

TORT reform, where are you?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry00 Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:20 am

With my medicare advantage plan I get my blood preasure for three months for zero dollars

Jerry00
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:59 am

Must be the advantage + ?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:06 pm

Mine changed in 2014 and I no longer pay for lisinopril.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri May 30, 2014 8:41 pm

Before you commit to Mexican Medical insurance as your failsafe.....being from the USA, check into your supplemental options on Medicare. Most will cover you if out of country for less than 5 months. In Arizona the best supplemental plan is Blue Cross. No copays, to referral fees, $155.00 per month.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri May 30, 2014 8:45 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:Must be the advantage + ?

Espiritu, there is a schedule I need to look into, the discounted prices go away once you reach a preset milestone, then you pay 71% till you reach the next milestone........I'll get the numbers next week and post same.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri May 30, 2014 9:08 pm

Whether you live in Mexico or you live in the US, from what I have discussed with Jim, there is a lesson to be learned and having just the right plan may save you some serious headaches? Even though I am 67 and have been on Medicare for two years, I have never taken a single prescription drug and even worse, haven't been to a doctor in well over 10 years since I just knew I was bulletproof. Well I am now looking at all the options available in the State of New Mexico and in Colorado since we plan to move there. I wish to thank Jim for opening my eyes!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Medicare Coverage Empty Medicare Prescription Plans

Post by Jim W Sat May 31, 2014 11:36 am

Jim W wrote:
espíritu del lago wrote:Must be the advantage + ?

Espiritu, there is a schedule I need to look into, the discounted prices go away once you reach a preset milestone, then you pay 71% till you reach the next milestone........I'll get the numbers next week and post same.

Initial Coverage Stage: You stay @ this stage until your total drug costs reach $2850.00. That is the total you paid (Huge Discounts), PLUS, What the plan Pays. As of 4/30/14, my total drug costs was $1813.90. Once I have an additional $1036.10........Total $2850.00 I move to Coverage Gap.

Coverage Gap......I pay 72% of generic drug costs until my "Out of Pocket" cost reaches $4550.00. At this point, I move to Catastrophic Coverage......Stage 4 thru 2014. During this time the plan picks up most of the cost for "covered drugs".

If you change providers during the calendar year the money spent is combined tracking your Medicare number. I dropped Health Net Arizona and switched to AARP this year and $ were combined. AARP charges $16.00 per month.

Example: I was prescribed Enoxaparin for 7 days. Plan paid $640.82, I paid $213.61......total $854.42..... against the initial coverage stage ($2850.00)

I found trying to look at the best options for me, but, with the number of plans out there makes this a bit over whelming......as all plans have a list of approved drugs and they all vary. Blackeye 

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down