INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking a bus from Laredo TX to Ajijic

5 posters

Go down

Taking a bus from Laredo TX to Ajijic Empty Taking a bus from Laredo TX to Ajijic

Post by wcw5509b Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:16 am

My husband and I are moving down to Mirasol for the winter and would like to take a bus from Loredo. Does anyone have any experience boarding a bus in the US and crossing the border on it? We would like to avoid boarding a bus in a border town if possible.

wcw5509b

Back to top Go down

Taking a bus from Laredo TX to Ajijic Empty Re: Taking a bus from Laredo TX to Ajijic

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:36 pm

Mexican bus lines, such as Americano, Turistar and probably others, have connections/terminals/offices in downtown Laredo, TX. You should find them online or by phone.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Taking a bus from Laredo TX to Ajijic Empty Re: Taking a bus from Laredo TX to Ajijic

Post by wcw5509b Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:57 pm

Thanks rvgringo! I will call those bus companies tomorrow.

wcw5509b

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:31 pm

I think Greyhound can also make connections from the US into Mexico, as they have associations with Mexican bus lines.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:59 pm

On a recent bus trip from Houston to Guadalajara - I was unable to find any ability to use Greyhound for the Mexican side of the trip. I had to change carriers at the border. I have since found out that Omnibus offers "Luxo" service from many US cities directly to Mexican cities including Guadalajara. Check US departures on "Omnibus Mexicanos Express" at:

http://www.omnibusmexicanos.com.mx/

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by bimini6 Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:20 am

I think they do service from Dallas, Austin, Houston , and San Antonio on the Americanos bus. You do have to get out at the border and all your luggage, for checks and it can the a while or delay your trip a little. I have gone to the border, taken my stuff over in a cab to the bus stations and then gotten on for a nice easy trip.

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : always! It is good for the soul

Back to top Go down

Post by wcw5509b Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:20 pm

We have gone to Central Station in McAllen and found that Omnibus has busses going to Guad several times a day. We were told that we stay on the same bus across the border and are then taken to the Reyanosa bus terminal to change busses. Of course we need to go thru immigration at the border, but the bus will wait, they said.

wcw5509b

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunyan Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:06 am

After several crossings I have found the easiest way is to get to the border however you can (taxi, walk, etc.) walk across the bridge and get a taxi to the bus station where you can get a luxury ETN or Omnibus to Guad. As you walk across the border there are lots of Mexicans willing to schlep you luggage for you if you please. INM is on your right as you get across the bridge before you get to any customs check. In fact, upon leaving INM I walked right onto the streets of Nuevo Laredo and never even met with Mexican customs. Taxi to bus station & pleasant 14 hr. ride to Guad.

Bunyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down