INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommendations for Psychotherapists

+2
RVGRINGO
DowninMexico
6 posters

Go down

Recommendations for Psychotherapists Empty Recommendations for Psychotherapists

Post by DowninMexico Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 am

My husband is in need of a psychologists/or some one who does therapy . It appears he has some unresolved
issues, which are taking or having taken, his ability to enjoy life. We feel this is not something a wife (who has
tried, unsucessfully, I might add) to assist with and requires someone whom he can relate the issue with, and is
not personally involved with the person needing the therapy (usually not a good idea anyway). Does anyone have
any recommendations for anyone lakeside they may have used, or know someone whom others have used. I
know one therapist whom may be good for onemay not be right for everyone, but we just need a starting point.
Thank you in advance, for your assistance in this matter!
Please either respond on this board or pm us. We do so appreciate it.

DowninMexico

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for Psychotherapists Empty Re: Recommendations for Psychotherapists

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:38 pm

It will be difficult in Mexico to find a licensed, practicing person of your own cultural background, which is of major importance. Perhaps an extended vacation to his home surroundings might help.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for Psychotherapists Empty Re: Recommendations for Psychotherapists

Post by Twonk Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:50 pm

Although I have never used his services, I know of a very nice American man here who is a practicing Marriage and Family Therapist and his name is Leslie Strong, Ph.D He can be reached at 766-5374

Twonk
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:46 pm

Valerie Rhoda provides counseling for individuals, couples & families. She treats people suffering from depression, having a difficult time adjusting to another culture, and those with aging issues.
She also runs support groups for caregivers, women with life threatening illness, and those dealing with loss & wanting to move forward.
I know several people who have worked with her and they recommend her.
You can call her at 766-4522.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:05 am

Do they have cedulas?

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:29 pm

Since I have not used Valerie's professional services I have not asked her what she has. Those seeking professional services should always do their own vetting.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:52 pm

RV and anyone else who is interested, I checked with friends who saw Valerie professionally. She does have her cedula, a license to practice in Mexico.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:00 pm

I believe Les Strong has his cedula, too.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DowninMexico Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:08 am

Thank you all very much - We will interview with both - and hope one
fits with husbands needs. I agree, it is difficult with language barriers-
our fault.

DowninMexico

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:58 am

I hope one of them does also. Best of luck to you and your husband. Hope the new year is a brighter one for you both.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:18 pm

Neither one of them have a CP as far as I can tell, but it's easy to check for yourself if you ever want to know.

http://www.cedulaprofesional.sep.gob.mx/cedula/indexAvanzada.action

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down