INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychostasia is back --free concert Thursday night

+7
CanuckBob
kiko
mrum
hockables
CHILLIN
Lady Otter Latté
Texmexco
11 posters

Go down

Psychostasia is back --free concert Thursday night Empty Psychostasia is back --free concert Thursday night

Post by Texmexco Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:30 am

Lakeside’s own well-known classic/hard rock group Psychostasia will perform free tomorrow night (12/4) at the new La Sangrita Bar in Ajijic, playing standards and originals. Opening for them will be classic rock cover band Morbida, who will play at around 8:30, followed later by Psychostasia.

Psychostasia, winner of the worldwide Best of Bands contest several years ago, and featured in the magazine Leyendas del Rock (Rock Legends) where they were named the Best Rock Band in Mexico, was created by brothers David and Daniel Cordero. They are joined by their original drummer Diego Rivera.

The band has not performed in public for two years or more, while they worked behind the scenes, composing and recording their latest album, soon to be released.

La Sangrita is located a few doors north of the Old Posada at Morelos #12. The new bar will be offering 2 cocktails for 100 pesos, 20-peso beers and also a selection of microbrewery and connoisseur beers.  

Hope to see you all there welcoming Psychostasia back to the live music scene!!

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Psychostasia is back --free concert Thursday night Empty Re: Psychostasia is back --free concert Thursday night

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:48 am

Do you mean the Old Posada now Maria Isabelle's?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Psychostasia is back --free concert Thursday night Empty Re: Psychostasia is back --free concert Thursday night

Post by Texmexco Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:50 am

yes. Between the former Piano Rojo and Maria Isabelle's. I couldn't remember the new name. Thanks Lady.

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:32 pm

Oh boy - hang on to your hats. The "Hood" (retired gringos and family Mexicans on a school night) is not going to enjoy this one bit. Are you sure rather than "free", that they can accept donations not to play at all?
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:23 pm

A couple o years ago, I took the opportunity to rent one of those $1500 a month joints in Ajijic down by the lake....

I had to listen to shit like that nearly every nite... the only thing to break the monotony was the occasional detonation of a cohete outside my window.

I left the house empty after 10 days or so....

Loaned it to Itch for a couple o days.... he still isn't talk'n to me... lol
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mrum Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Rather listen to Noe.
mrum
mrum
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Collingwood, Ontario in the summer, anywhere else in the winter
Humor : John Candy, George Carlin, MacKenzie Brothers

Back to top Go down

Post by Texmexco Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Gee, it is starting to feel like TOB here. This is classic rock, not that screamo crap. I for one am going to go and enjoy myself.

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:19 pm

In the name of all that is holy, please do not post this on TOB though. If you think THIS is a rough crowd.... Psychostasia is back --free concert Thursday night 87465
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:34 pm

What about Bryan James? I would go if he was playing, lot of talent in there.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:10 pm

CHILLIN wrote:Oh boy - hang on to your hats. The "Hood" (retired gringos and family Mexicans on a school night) is not going to enjoy this one bit. Are you sure rather than "free", that they can accept donations not to play at all?

Classic Rock??? I think not. This sounds like Cannibal Corpse or Ministry. Heavy hate metal or Nazi skinhead rock.....maybe. Perhaps you have selected the wrong You-Tube video to display or the sound is way off?? I know what classic rock sounds like......jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:03 pm

It's heavy metal , I've had a lot of fun at their concerts even though metal isn't my thing. Didn't we all pile up in a bus that took everyone from Ajijic, Chapala and Ixtlauacan to a concert at hard rock in Guadalajara a few years ago? It was a blast.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:15 pm

This is more the group I know and love. They throw in some heavy metal, but lots sounds more like this
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:26 pm

Very nice!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:50 am

Flamingo wrote:This is more the group I know and love. They throw in some heavy metal, but lots sounds more like this

That one is much better.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:58 am

Wish I were down there!
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Psychostasia is back --free concert Thursday night Empty THIS is Psychostasia

Post by Texmexco Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:57 pm

Flamingo wrote:This is more the group I know and love. They throw in some heavy metal, but lots sounds more like this

Well, I wasn't able to go tonight (darn!) but I know this (Cryin' and Singin') was one of the songs they were going to sing. That other video is such a horrible recording I can't tell WHAT it is. To be fair, go check out the Psychostasia performance in Las Vegas on youtube, not that Tribus Bar video which I agree is awful!

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:35 am

Heavy Metal is Heavy Metal and many many folks like it. I agree that I don't like it but I gotta have some respect for musicians that can play both types of music selected on this forum post earlier. These are good musicians folks.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:51 am

The classy thing to do, especially for a comeback, especially for this venue, especially on this budget, would have been to put together an "unplugged" set. This strategy has been a success for many groups. An intimate set from the hometown boys. Classic rock and metal has always thrived as a "stadium" event. The current Queen and Adam Lambert European tour has twenty costume changes, rising drumkit, lasers, golden rain and a sound system where you can hear every note of Brian May's guitar.

Classic Rock Festival in Vallarta/Nayarit - no - I won't be there.
http://www.vallartanayaritclassicrockfest.com/lineup.php
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down