INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese Restaurant in Chapala.

+15
Mainecoons
CHILLIN
Bartdude
slainte39
hockables
Jerry00
DaveP
RVGRINGO
Flamingo
CanuckBob
Tony_In_Mexico
otrocanuck
Canmex 87
Lady Otter Latté
Itzel_Solis
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chinese Restaurant in Chapala. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chinese Restaurant in Chapala.

Post by Bartdude Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:09 am

My wife and I regularly stop at the Chinese restaurant near the Malecon in Chapala for take-out. The four dish plus rice and or noodles is 75 pesos. We re-heat it later and it provides a meal for both of us plus leftovers. That's less than $3.00 each!  The food is only mediocre but we still enjoy it about once a week.

Bartdude
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Chinese Restaurant in Chapala. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chinese Restaurant in Chapala.

Post by CHILLIN Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:02 pm

Had an excellent selection of Dim Sum treats at Chopsticks today. All handmade and very tasty. This is in Plaza Bugambilla, one stairway up from El Torito, in the food court by the Cinema. She also does a brisk trade at the Tuesday Farmer's Market.
"Wow, the response was incredible for our Dim Sum Lunch. We were fully booked in just a couple of days! For those who missed making a reservation, we will be having another Dim Sum lunch in the New Year. We're planning on making this either a monthly or bi-monthly event.

We are making one change to our daily specials. On Wednesdays, we're replacing our Bahn Mi (Vietnamese Sub) with a Vietnamese Seafood Soup.

With the chilly weather heading our way, nothing is as comforting as a warm bowl of soup. We now have Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup on Mondays, Seafood Soup on Wednesdays, Shrimp and Pork Wonton Soup on Thursdays, and Beef Noodle Soup on Fridays.

More BIG changes will be happening at Chopsticks, so keep an eye out for our next email."

https://www.facebook.com/ChopsticksMX

CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:14 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:You also get what is available where you live.
I am, quite frankly, amazed that I can get halfway decent to really good Chinese food in the central highlands of Mexico!

Exactly! It can't be easy to get some of the ingredients and spices.

It is better in the U.S., particularly California. Not so much where our Texas relatives live. Pretty good in East Phoenix where my brother lives

I pig out on Chinese when I go up there. Yum!
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:47 pm

I didn't like the Chinese restaurants in China, nor the Mexican restaurants. Hey wasn't the question about Chapala?

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:23 pm

Just a bit of the usual topic drift, Gringomojado. Stick around. It will drift back--maybe.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by artesialulu Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:33 pm

There is a nice and unpretentious Chinese restaurant in Ajijic. Going West on Colon as you pass Brunos take the first right and it will be almost right there.
artesialulu
artesialulu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:58 am

Colon is a north-south street. The Carretera is east-west and Brunos is on it.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:26 am

Mainecoons wrote:Colon is a north-south street.  The Carretera is east-west and Brunos is on it.

Look for the circus themes with Brunos picture on the sign above the door. Brunos is on the south side of the Carretera.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:34 am

The Chinese restaurant in Chapala thread has drifted to directions to Bruno's in Ajijic. How can everyone not love this board?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:51 pm

Colon runs N-S, not E-W.
I think he meant going W on the carretera and turning N to go to Min Wah, which is pretty good. We often had breakfast there but sometimes took Hot & Sour soup home for lunch, etc.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artesialulu Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:20 pm

Yes, I meant going West on the Carretera past Colon and Brunos to the next turn to the right about 1/2 block.  Sorry.  This is farther West than Min Wah.
artesialulu
artesialulu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:39 pm

Your directions are still confusing. If going west on the carretera, Bruno‘s comes before Colon; not the other way around.
Is the location N or S of the carretera, and does it have a name and address?

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:42 pm

RV, he is talking about Rikki' s which I think of as more Japanese than Chinese. It is north of the carretera.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:19 pm

That could be, but isn‘t it now a part of history?

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:25 pm

No. It is still open. There was a rumor back a bit ago but I have eaten there several times since then.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:RV, he is talking about Rikki' s which I think of as more Japanese than Chinese. It is north of the carretera.

Yes, but that's east of Bruno's.....maybe we've had a magnetic polar shift that I slept through or Beer Beer Beer through.

Correction....north of Bruno's...east of Colon

Well, dammit, at least it's in Ajijic.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:36 pm

If everyone is not now totally confused it is not for a lack of our trying.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:07 pm

slainte39 wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:RV, he is talking about Rikki' s which I think of as more Japanese than Chinese. It is north of the carretera.

Yes, but that's east of Bruno's.....maybe we've had a magnetic polar shift that I slept through or Beer Beer Beer through.

Correction....north of Bruno's...east of Colon

Well, dammit, at least it's in Ajijic.

The US consulate sent out a warning about the magnetic polar shift.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:29 pm

lol!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2