INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally Good Pizza in Ajijic

+2
Lady Otter Latté
casi nada
6 posters

Go down

Finally Good Pizza in Ajijic Empty Finally Good Pizza in Ajijic

Post by casi nada Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:03 pm

This is a response to Joyfull's topic about the pizza at Hostería.  It's one of the better ones in the neighborhood but I suggest you try Ocampo 71.  They just rebuilt their wood fired pizza oven and have been instructed by a real pizza cook from S.F. on how to make a great thin crust pizza.  Highly recommended.

P.S. As far as the pizza and other dishes at Perry's, I have to think he has some shills posting on this and other webboards. Everything I've tried there has been mediocre, and that is being generous.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Finally Good Pizza in Ajijic Empty Re: Finally Good Pizza in Ajijic

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:24 am

There is no accounting for some people' s taste.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:30 am

Everybody has different opinions on pizza. Nothing can be as different as NYC thin crust going all the way to Chicago deep dish and everything between. Its not good or bad but different in my opinion.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:19 am

For some people, it can not be simply what they prefer over what other people do. It has to be that other people have no taste while their own is superior.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:23 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote: For some people, it can not be simply what they prefer over what other people do. It has to be that other people have no taste while their own is superior.

Lady O, I find that to be true for all my wants and likes.  We share profundity.   lol! Rolling Eyes.... (I wish)

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:31 am

casi nada wrote:

P.S.  As far as the pizza and other dishes at Perry's, I have to think he has some shills posting on this and other webboards.  Everything I've tried there has been mediocre, and that is being generous.  
my wife and a friend had lunch there ONCE and they concur.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:38 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote: For some people, it can not be simply what they prefer over what other people do. It has to be that other people have no taste while their own is superior.

Very true and this applies to many things. But if you were to tell me that Kenny G. is a better musician than was Miles Davis, I would have to say you have very bad taste. Not a matter of being superior......just a little more discerning. To me Perry's is the Kenny G. of restaurants.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:47 am

I have had only pizza at Perry's and it was the best pizza I have had Lakeside. I grew up in an Italian neighborhood on the east coast eating pizza made by immigrants. I have enjoyed pizza from other places here but his is the closest to what I grew up eating. Does that mean I am more discerning than you or just accustomed to eating pizza made in a certain style?
Why would I be so arrogant as to tell you (or anyone) who "the better musician" is? It does not matter who I (or you) think the "better" musician is. It matters who each person prefers listening to. Just as it does not matter who I judge as having the best pizza. It matters only at which restaurant I prefer eating it.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:00 pm

according to my wife this would be more descriptive of perrys than kenny g. they did not have the pizza by the way. some of you have touted perrys as the place ta go fer just about any type of take out  or eat in that ain't mexican but ordinary NOB type fare-no? pizza and fish and chips at the top of the list.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:40 am

What Lady Otter Latte wrote. (Currently in cold, snowy south-east Wisconsin. Two days following our return, my wife and ordered pizza at our favorite spot. It came in a close second to Perry's. In our opinions.)
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down