INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crossing Laredo ealy in the morning

5 posters

Go down

Crossing Laredo ealy in the morning Empty Crossing Laredo ealy in the morning

Post by Denco Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:15 am

My wife and I will be moving to lake Chapala, we will be crossing from Laredo on Jan. 17th 2015. I have read that some people have made the drive in 10 hrs. which I can do. What is the earliest time in the morning we should cross. Is it safe to drive the bypass around Nuevo Laredo while it is still dark out in the morning.

Thanks to all that reply.

Bob and Dee

Denco

Back to top Go down

Crossing Laredo ealy in the morning Empty Re: Crossing Laredo ealy in the morning

Post by MexiNan Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:21 am

When we did it several months ago, we crossed around 7 am. We were the only car in line for customs. It was a breeze. And we drove straight through Nuevo Laredo. Easiest crossing ever. Safe travels!

MexiNan

Back to top Go down

Crossing Laredo ealy in the morning Empty Re: Crossing Laredo ealy in the morning

Post by MexiNan Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:22 am

Forgot to add, it was a Sunday morning.

MexiNan

Back to top Go down

Post by Denco Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:28 am

Did you drive straight through too Chapala.

Denco

Back to top Go down

Post by MexiNan Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:08 am

We were pulling a trailer, so we opted to stop in San Luis Potosí. Also, we were heading to Puerto Vallarta, then, not Lake Chapala.

MexiNan

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:40 pm

To make that 700 mile drive in 10 hours one would have to average 70 miles an hour... including toll stops, federal stops, fuel and potty stops. One would probably have to be driving 85 miles an hour and while this is not impossible, it is surely unwise if not unlikely.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Explorador Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:05 am

I don't have any experience with early in the morning, and I'm not sure what bypass you meant, but I prefer crossing on the busy International Bridge II in Nuevo Laredo - I figure the more populated and busier the better. I do take Blv. Luis Donaldo Colosio around the edge of town - is that the bypass you meant? I would not cross at the other crossings, then have to drive along the border a ways.

On a similar note, I know many take the bypass around SLP. I've heard that's where you'll be hassled, so I like to go straight through. It is city driving but a nice straight shot. Of course, there is then the hilly slow section west of town, but it's not a problem. Our GPS with México maps had no problem guiding us through the highways in the city.

Finally, many do it in one day, but we can't. Chapala to Saltillo is quite far enough for us.

Good luck on the trip!

Explorador

Back to top Go down

Post by shana Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:32 pm

Ten hours 15 minutes portal to portal.
We took the route through San Louis Potosi that Explorador did. I too recommend it.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down