INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Student killed in Guanajuato by Police yesterday

4 posters

Go down

Student killed in Guanajuato by Police yesterday Empty Student killed in Guanajuato by Police yesterday

Post by Oldyfeliz Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:22 am

A group of students from Lagos de Moreno, attending an event in Guanajuato yesterday, were confronted by the
Police asking for identification and, the amount of money they each have.
One student stated that the Police had a right to ask for I.D., but not anything about the money.
The Police stated that they did not like his attitude, and took him with them.
He was found dead later, and appeared to have been beaten to death by blows to the head.
He was an honor student
There will be protests by students from other areas beginning today.
This info came from the news on television this am.

My personal remarks are that we are in the beginning of major protests, and more of same to follow.
Yesterdays protests were spread throughout Mexico and other countries, with only a little media
coverage. The word is "from the President, not to give coverage" .
The protests are planned again today, and this will add "fuel to the fire"!
My wife's daughter attends one of these schools, studying to be a teacher, and is now involved.

Oldyfeliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Student killed in Guanajuato by Police yesterday Empty Re: Student killed in Guanajuato by Police yesterday

Post by SunFan Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Just back from 4 days in Guanajuato.

Every day and night there were student protests. Typically several hundred at a time. Very organized...very controlled. No violence that we could see but I could certainly believe the story above.

Huge Police presence. Federal and Municipal. Today there were two black Federal busses parked en Centro ready for occupants .

The students are pissed.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Student killed in Guanajuato by Police yesterday Empty Re: Student killed in Guanajuato by Police yesterday

Post by brigitte Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:24 pm

If the word is no coverage, a lot of stations are not paying attention to that, ther is plenty of reporting on tv on demonstrations and murders.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:58 pm

This is heartbreaking. OyF, I hope your wife´s daughter will be careful and stay safe.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down