INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posts being deleted with no explanation

+8
Ms.Thang
Rosa Venus
Jim W
oncesubtle
Lady Otter Latté
Chapalagringa
slainte39
arbon
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Posts being deleted with no explanation Empty Posts being deleted with no explanation

Post by arbon Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:51 am

¿So which "MOD" is deleting posts without any explanation?
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Posts being deleted with no explanation Empty Re: Posts being deleted with no explanation

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:15 am

arbon wrote:¿So which "MOD" is deleting posts without any explanation?

If you are referring to the most recent post/rant that was deleted.....it was "The Atheist".  Twisted Evil Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Posts being deleted with no explanation Empty Re: Posts being deleted with no explanation

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:55 pm

That is not true.  

Who knows arbon...the post deleted may have been too heart felt and big bro was just looking out for me, going to assume the best...he knows what pushes buttons and most likely was avoiding a cyber Armageddon war.  

However there's an earlier post that had a more "preachy" video I'd never seen until yesterday morning a thought it was quite interesting, applicable to this day and it's still there.  

The heart felts were in the direction of Sr. Hell-ey-yawn who seems to have given up all God chosen birthright, so don't worry about it...I had my rant, we're back on track.  

I may not be that peach anymore, not-so-subtle,  I think the peach is down to the seed and not such softy anymore...I mean I'm over 40 now! lololol  You know once your over 40, you just don't sweat the small stuff.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:51 pm

Interesting question, Arbon.
Why do you think mods owe anybody any answers? You play in this sandbox but it is somebody else´s box, they pay for the sand and they run it the way they want to. Your options are to get over it and stop whining, go find another box to play in--or make your own damn box with rules you like.

Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:56 pm

arbon wrote:¿So which "MOD" is deleting posts without any explanation?

I delete posts without explanation. Tried that years ago, it accomplished nothing and wasted a lot of time.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:17 pm

Beer Posts being deleted with no explanation 851398 Posts being deleted with no explanation 477249 Thumbs up

You do a great job Bob, When is last time you gotta RAISE? lol!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:31 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Interesting question, Arbon.
Why do you think mods owe anybody any answers? You play in this sandbox but it is somebody else´s box, they pay for the sand and they run it the way they want to. Your options are to get over it and stop whining, go find another box to play in--or make your own damn box with rules you like.

Still another option is to have yourself or someone(s) else sit on  this board 24/7 and make hard copies immediately, of anything that appears.  smash comp ...with the help of Smokealot  and  drunk

I saw and read the infamous post that was deleted and can't remember what it was.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:37 pm

All I know is I never understand arbon's posts, and he/she never offers an explanation.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:05 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:All I know is I never understand arbon's posts, and he/she never offers an explanation.

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:53 pm

slainte39 wrote:

I saw and read the infamous post that was deleted and can't remember what it was.

cheers   lol! lol! lol!  That is so funny! Thumbs up
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:24 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:
slainte39 wrote:

Alzheimer's is funny?    scratch

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:27 pm

Slainte, I can not remember my own posts, much less someone else´s. If any of my posts get deleted, my feelings aren´t hurt because I do not recall that I posted.
What is that old saying: "I live in my own world, but it is okay. They all know me here."
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:42 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:
slainte39 wrote:

I can't believe I missed it. Especially since you wrote it during some sort of black out, it must have been a doozy.
How few carbs are you eating anyway? Weren't you supposed to eat a cookie?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:32 am

Ms.Thang wrote:
Chapalagringa wrote:
slainte39 wrote:

I can't believe I missed it. Especially since you wrote it during some sort of black out, it must have been a doozy.
How few carbs are you eating anyway? Weren't you supposed to eat a cookie?
Couldn't post this earlier...

I'm not counting anything...I'm suffering from severe non stop migraines, bone, joint and muscle pain and have no other maladies, slightly nauseas on occasion maybe, probably from lack of food!  It's 3 a.m. and I'm up trying to find some relief with mint and so hoped this was going to all pass and not have to do this again tonight... the diet change is suppose to heal my inners my dra says is causing the migranes and I'm restricted to 90 days: no simple carbs(no flour=NO PIZZA Posts being deleted with no explanation 851398 , no sugar, no barley, no rice), no bad fats, no dairy products=NO PIZZA not even eggplant pizza), no cinnamon, no chai tea, no spicy spices, no veggie that bother me Posts being deleted with no explanation 851398   How many carbs are in veggies, fresh fruit and cooked oatmeal?  That's how many carbs.  I haven't been cranky nor hungry.  I eat grilled salmon everyday to get all of my vitamin B's and minerals.

I think the person that suggested I eat pizza and a cookie for being fiesty wants to kill me Posts being deleted with no explanation 851398  Posts being deleted with no explanation 374777  lol!  or didn't understand the restrictions really.   Maybe it was the alzheimer patient ;)  they're forgiven of course but I'm sure they already forgot their suggestion!

Jim, I quoted scripture long after the deleted thread, i think.   When I eventually did quote scripture I wrote a warning as a heads up so I'm sure I had not quoted any scripture before that but people kept asking questions.  Why don't people just go to a Bible believing church if they really want to know and need some assistance?  And it's always the same questions: Noah and Jonah.  To me it's so obvious...the Hebrews still read and recount their history, what the heck is so hard to believe?  For centuries it was used as an accurate account of Hebrew history, widely accepted in the US until what 20 years ago? It was disgusting when a news article came out saying a Costco in the US wanted to put the Bible in the fiction section. Duh, you can visit Jerusalem and Jews to this day, so ridiculous.  They still use shekels to this day, just like the did in Bible times, I think they use a super shekel now maybe.  Archeologists have unearthed so many facts it's impossible for me not to believe.  My goodness, hello, stuff is happening right now that was written and prophesied 2000 years ago and beyond.  People are like toads in a boiling pot...hello, we're coming to a new world order, it's in the Book, written over 2000 years ago, what's so hard to believe?  cut and dry.

Mrs. Thang, I've pretty much recapped everything I could remember in the post though multiple posts that followed...there's a ton of stuff that is faith affiliated that is still on the thread.  Who knows, maybe it was an accident.  If checking from a mobile device it's easy to delete on accident, or maybe it was the reference to Sr. hell-ey-yawn

No cookies allowed for me, no cake, no pizza, 1 TBS of honey a day allowed.  The only "carb" I'm allowed is cooked oatmeal.  Down 7 pounds in 3 days.  I guess of should have done this 3 years ago!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:16 am

Crash dieting really isn't healthy. Far better to lose a couple of pounds a week with permanent dietary changes.

Sounds like you're having side effects from crash dieting.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/301648-why-is-losing-weight-too-fast-bad/
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:34 am

I think you're right....I went off on Hebrew history, once, when I lost weight too fast.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:00 am

Chapalagringa: All kidding aside, what you are doing is very dangerous. I hope you listen to your body which is screaming at you to stop.
"Because 3,500 calories equals about 1 pound (0.45 kilogram) of fat, you need to burn 3,500 calories more than you take in to lose 1 pound. So if you cut 500 calories from your typical diet each day, you'd lose about 1 pound a week (500 calories x 7 days = 3,500 calories). It isn't quite this simple, however, and you usually lose a combination of fat, lean tissue and water. Also, because of changes that occur in the body as a result of weight loss, you may need to decrease calories further to continue weight loss." -- Mayo Clinic
You are losing lean tissue and water, probably are dehydrated. Your electrolytes are out of whack and may be dangerously low. If that becomes severe enough you risk major organ damage.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:07 am

Might as well toss this into the discussion: the cross examination of William Jennings Bryan by Clarence Darrow, from Inherit the Wind...

Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:30 am

Mainecoons wrote:Crash dieting really isn't healthy.  Far better to lose a couple of pounds a week with permanent dietary changes.

Sounds like you're having side effects from crash dieting.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/301648-why-is-losing-weight-too-fast-bad/

Nope Coones, The symptoms were there for 2-3 days before I called our doctor for help.  She said she's putting me on a hospital confined/supervised diet at home.  This is a healing diet, not a crash diet, I'm under doctor supervision.  I'm not limited from good fats, fresh produce, fish or chicken breast.  I think maybe I lost that initial weight so fast from not being very hungry with a migraine.  The other thing I have to drink with my meals is a tea that is used for UTI's, kidneys, and such.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:33 am

slainte39 wrote:I think you're right....I went off on Hebrew history, once, when I lost weight too fast.

I spoke to the Jewish man in the organic market who makes and sells humus. I think I mentioned how I thought we were suppose to be skinny eating Mediterranean...he looked at me a replied, "Look at me, I'm not skinny, Jews aren't skinny!" haha
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:38 am

Chapalagringa wrote:It was disgusting when a news article came out saying a Costco in the US wanted to put the Bible in the fiction section.
Yep,right next to the koran,torah,etc...
Truth in marketing.
Just a another reason to love Costco.

Last edited by viajero on Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:44 am; edited 3 times in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:39 am

Thanks everyone for your sincere concern, it's appreciated but I'm actually a bit better today, haven't had any OTC pain reliever :) yay! But here comes another storm!

Here's something that may help those of you with achy weather related knees...last night around 3 a.m. I couldn't stand it anymore and the only thing that came to mind was another hot bath but with peppermint and eucalyptus essential oil, I wanted hot peppermint tea and after the bath, I rubbed peppermint EO all over and around my knees...Slept pretty well for an hour than got up to reapply the peppermint oil on my knees and couldn't hardly wake up to comb little foots hair for school. 4.5 hours of deep sleep, it was great! Love peppermint essential oil!!! And isn't it amazing how our bodies will tell us what we need! Although my body really wanted pizza last night! lolol
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:57 am

She will be fine, Lori is just suffering from the low carb flu. Tomorrow or soon after that she will feel amazing but right now her body is screaming for the fuel it prefers to burn...carbs. When you stop eating carbs your body has to make some adjustments and protests loudly, hasn't anyone else ever been on a low carb diet? Sheesh.
I lost 45 pounds this past year by eating low carb. Other amazing things happened as well, I stopped having the dreaded "Fibromyalgia" ( I hate that word) muscle and joint pain, headaches, fatigue, brain fog etc that had been creeping up on me for years. I do not do well on carbs, there hasn't been a loaf of bread in our house in over a year but I have never stopped eating vegetables, that seems extreme to me.
So Lori, you must be getting under 20 g of carbs a day?
You will start feeling amazing soon.

Here is a great tool to help you track your progress:
http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com

Throw out your weight loss for the first three days, it's just water.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:06 pm

Mrs. Thang, these symptoms, migraine, bone, joint and muscle pain hit me at the same time last Saturday. The dra came on Monday night, she said it was from my inflamed intestines. there, i wrote it, tmi. I was given a check up. She thinks also that my gallbladder isn't producing enough bile, another tmi. She said my body is signaling me with the migraine that I have to change my diet...too much pizza and refined carbs...all the things i never wanted to hear, my husband built me a brick wood fired oven! However she wants me to keep making all the goodies for everyone else but i can't eat if for 90 days. :(
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:21 pm

Yes, it was a big surprise for me to learn about "inflammatory" foods, simple carbs being the worst of them. Who knew? Eliminating carbs has done wonders for my health.

Ketogenic diets are being used to cure children of seisures. A very high percentage of them will stop having seizures after 2 years. They don't know why it works but something in the brain heals and it's just amazing.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next