INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for private pilot to fly our 8 pets from the Northwest to Lake Chapala around November 1st

+5
solajijic
itsme
CanuckBob
espíritu del lago
MyrnaMinkoff
9 posters

Go down

Looking for private pilot to fly our 8 pets from the Northwest to Lake Chapala around November 1st Empty Looking for private pilot to fly our 8 pets from the Northwest to Lake Chapala around November 1st

Post by MyrnaMinkoff Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:24 am

No, we are not the rich and famous.  We are two families, and long time friends, moving to Lake Chapala, Mexico around the same time.  One family from Seattle area, and the other from Bend in Central Oregon.  We can fly out of any airport in Oregon or Seattle...   and it's just one way.
We are too worried to use commercial airlines to transport the pets, as a recent Seattle Times article revealed there are lots of pet deaths when flown in cargo.  Our pets are our family, and we just can't take the chance!
Thank you all for helping brainstorm on how we can be in touch with lots of private pilot associations!
Hey...   this could be an amazing business for someone to start!
~Mary
marymanix@gmail.com
MyrnaMinkoff
MyrnaMinkoff

Back to top Go down

Looking for private pilot to fly our 8 pets from the Northwest to Lake Chapala around November 1st Empty Re: Looking for private pilot to fly our 8 pets from the Northwest to Lake Chapala around November 1st

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:32 am

http://www.city-data.com/forum/aviation/

Post here too
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Looking for private pilot to fly our 8 pets from the Northwest to Lake Chapala around November 1st Empty Re: Looking for private pilot to fly our 8 pets from the Northwest to Lake Chapala around November 1st

Post by CanuckBob Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:24 am

A private flight from Seattle to Guadalajara will be very, very expensive. If you want to make the trip in decent time you will need a private jet. They charter for about $2500 per hour. It is approximately 5 - 6 hours from Seattle to Guadalajara so you will be looking at about $15,000 each way. You will likely have to pay the way back for the plane and pilot.

Why wouldn't you drive down and save many thousands of dollars?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:41 am

But then again, Bob, there are 8 pets @ how much per pet and how many humans in the 2 families? It may not be that more expensive than flying commercial airlines. Probably would need more than 2 cars to travel down, they need to compare costs, only they can know.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Won't they run into restrictions on the number of pets you can bring in at one time? also I can already see the dollar signs in the eyes of the airport staff when they get off a private plane with that many animals in tow. Excellent way to call attention to yourself.

Go commercial, each adult take 2 animals and take separate flights over a 2 or 3 day span.

We have shipped animals to Indonesia and Africa via animal transport companies who deal with the airline and customs/animal officers. If you are really worried use those companies. It cost a LOT of money but there were never any problems and the animal was fine.

Good Luck.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:31 pm

I would suggest looking into hiring a driver, or two. One to the Mexican border then one to Lake Chapala. Or two from the border to Lake Chapala. By land they won't bat an eye but by air they might. Also, if you fly in have the name and number of a good vet in Guad. If the authorities decide they want the animals examined you want a real vet, not some on call quack who will spray them with pesticides.
I know a reliable driver who does animal transport, as well as people transport via land. PM if you are interested.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by hogline Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:38 am

Sol ajijic, do you have a transport company that you recommend?

hogline

Back to top Go down

Post by MyrnaMinkoff Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:00 pm

Hello Everyone!
Great input from everyone... thank you!
Yes, I am thinking that a few cars traveling together is the best solution. Grizzy, I will be in touch.
Someone mentioned there is a limit of two cats per person. Where could I find that official information?
Thanks for your time!
~Mary
MyrnaMinkoff
MyrnaMinkoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocelot Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:41 pm

http://www.senasica.gob.mx/?Idioma=2&id=623  is the goverment website outlining all the requirements. I followed this exactly when I flew here with my cats and had no problems other than a lengthy wait at the airport to clear the cats because of computer problems.
Ocelot
Ocelot

Back to top Go down

Post by MyrnaMinkoff Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Hello Ocelot!
Wow... great photo! Were you in Mongolia?
I can't thank you enough for the link you sent! Very helpful!
I love being a member of this forum!!!
;-)))
Mary
MyrnaMinkoff
MyrnaMinkoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:39 pm

Mary, I assume you are coming thru Nogales.   You can order your TIP on line, doing so can save you hours at the border getting your vehicle permit.  They will send it to your home, so you are good to go!

https://www.banjercito.com.mx/registroVehiculos/  

Also purchase Mexican auto Thumbs up insurance on line and compare.  They will email your policy.   We use Mexicobob for 7 years out of Nogales, email for
price quote......I am sure there are many more.  Here is his email address  .   Mexicobob@aol.com Thumbs up
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyrnaMinkoff Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi Jim,

Thanks so much for your help!  I will have to study the route...   had not thought of Nogales.  Are there good highways from there?

Great info on the TIP and insurance!  Many thanks for your time and thoughts!!!

~Mary
MyrnaMinkoff
MyrnaMinkoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:06 pm

Deb and I are from Portland also......moved down in 2005. We made this trip from Casa Grande, AZ 4 times a year 2012-2013. We always take the truck route into Mexico from Nogales USA, and hit the border around 6:30 AM....the border guys are usually eating or sitting by a fire and just get green lights and waved through.

The toll roads are really good, but getting expensive. As I recall tolls will run over 2000 pesos from Nogales to Guadalajara.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:24 pm

Mary, order your vehicle now....costs an extra $25.00 +/- and is delivered to your home, usually by DHL in 3 days or less.

PM Spencer, AKA Intercasa, or post. He will give you all the answers regarding what you need at the border, and whether you need to stop since you have your vehicle permit. If you are going permanente he will provide your legal requirements so you will be prepared to apply upon arrival.

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyrnaMinkoff Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi Jim! Outstanding advice! Thank goodness for all the kind souls on this forum!!!
~Mary
MyrnaMinkoff
MyrnaMinkoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocelot Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:19 pm

Hi Mary,

That was actually Uzbekistan. My 2 BFF's there are Russian actors playing Mongolians in Uzbekistan. We happened to stumble across a movie set one day and these 2 guys were very happy to pose for pictures on their break time.
Ocelot
Ocelot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down