INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pushers Needed!

+4
viajero
court0503
Sideways
hkrause
8 posters

Go down

Pushers Needed! Empty Pushers Needed!

Post by hkrause Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:36 am

Wheelbarrow Pushers, that is!

I'm going to start a new thread here for any continued discussion of the possible Wheelbarrow Brigade in support of "Thriller in Ajijic" and its efforts to raise funds for Cruz Roja (instead of further hijacking the recent Swarm topic).

As some of you may know, there has been discussion on TOB of a potential protest at the next movie showing. Even though the event is for a good cause, certain individuals are concerned with the possible "corruption" it might cause amongst citizens of Lakeside. They want to organize their protest, symbolized by the wheelbarrow from an important scene in the movie.

In the Swarm thread, Lady Otter and myself have tossed around the idea of organizing an opposing Wheelbarrow team to protest the protesters, causing confusion within their ranks by out pushing their pushers. If their negativity can be drowned by a cry of freedom from those willing to let movie-goers make up their own minds, all the better!

Anybody interested in pursuing this worthy cause is welcome to discuss options here. Thanks!

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Pushers Needed! Empty Re: Pushers Needed!

Post by Sideways Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:41 am

If the 'anti's' want to protest, that's their right. Thwarting their right to do that just makes you look like bullies.

A little controversy over a film is a good thing, don't get so defensive.

Sideways
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by court0503 Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:58 am

Why not just let them look silly .. the old saying -- "if you lie down with dogs all you get is fleas"

court0503

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:32 am

All the controversy surrounding this film has certainly piqued my interest in seeing it.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:10 am

What the heck is the problem with the protesters - what are they protesting about? I've been to the event many years and it's great fun. Usually near Day of the Dead and Halloween. I would recommend calling the police if the block entrance to the movie rather than show up with a lot of wheelbarrows which will also block access.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:38 am

Well... Not to encourage patronizing a competing discussion board, but it might help explain things if you look through the original thread where this whole thing got started:

http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=51558

Then come right back here, of course!!  Very Happy

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:55 am

OMG some people need to get a life! The trailer is wonderful - http://www.thrillerinajijic.com/gallery.html

When is the next show and are there tickets left?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:12 am

Heather, I support your goddess-given right to defend your project against the zombiehaters. Zombies are a much maligned minority who ask only for their right to once a year shake their booties. Since both Thriller and the movie have always been just plain fun, I am happy to borrow a barrow and be a pusher for Cruz Roja.
I think it would be a mistake to just let the protestors look silly by themselves. We need to show the world what really silly looks like!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:36 am

Simpsca, no definite plans yet for the next showing of the movie. Fingers crossed we're able to make it happen. The producer is trying to arrange something at one of the two theaters in town, for a bigger/better screen and more comfy seats this time. Not enough room there for the Premiere showing (we needed to seat over 300 folks last time). He's looking at dates a little later in the year, so the snowbirds will have a chance to see it.

We'll keep everybody posted. If you're so inclined, take a look at our Facebook Page and/or Website (links below), where we post news of any happenings. I'm behind the scenes on those pages, and always get a grin out of seeing more visitors and FB "Likes."

Thumbs up

Lady Otter... I agree! I think we can field a crowd of "really silly" to show up in support of Cruz Roja and make some noise! Silly is always fun - and a great reason for a party!

Heather

https://www.facebook.com/ThrillerInAjijic
http://www.thrillerinajijic.com/
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:49 am

hkrause wrote:Well... Not to encourage patronizing a competing discussion board, but it might help explain things if you look through the original thread where this whole thing got started:

http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=51558

Then come right back here, of course!!  Very Happy

Heather
who is the pastry that objected and where did the dough-nut do it? is he gonna wheelbarrow his way up cinco de mayo and object to all them nasty evil displays?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:54 am

On a  more practical side....I wonder who the largest wheelbarrow manufacturer in Mexico is, and if it is a publicly traded corporation. Will have to check that out after the holiday.
Right now I'm suspicious of anyone I see with a wheelbarrow.

Fantasizing about the protest....
I can see bennie in a drum majorette attire in the lead barrow with her followers close behind (on barrows), playing 76 trombones.
Come on  guys...outdo me!!!....the AP or BBC might pick up this story.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:50 pm

here ya go
Pushers Needed! Chimps10
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:02 pm

Must be recruits for TomSteele and Bennie's protest.
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:43 pm

I must say, Tom and Bennie are capturing the hearts of others on TOB... their ranks are swelling, and they might manage to out-protest the open-minded folks if somebody doesn't take up the Pro-Humor banner and gather more volunteers. I guess people just love lovers (who, in this case, are actually haters - go figure). It will be such a shame if their wheelbarrows and complaints about the movie's humor were able to discourage Ajijic audiences from seeing this home-grown gem!

What's next? Their brazen tactics might next be used to stop any number of movies from entering our local theaters! We might be reduced to watching only children's movies and G-rated musicals!

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down