INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOB crime report armed robbery Chapala

+3
Rosa Venus
Lady Otter Latté
Intercasa
7 posters

Go down

TOB crime report armed robbery Chapala Empty TOB crime report armed robbery Chapala

Post by Intercasa Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:27 pm

Someone made a reference on TOB about 2 guys with guns getting someone when they arrived home and entered through the garage, anybody confirm / deny?
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

TOB crime report armed robbery Chapala Empty Re: TOB crime report armed robbery Chapala

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:44 pm

There was a post made by the person involved. Several people commented on it before the entire thread was deleted in compliance with the There Is No Crime Lakeside Rule.
As I recall, it was 2:30 in the afternoon, wife unlocking home door, husband in car. There were two men, both armed. One of them went to wife and one to the husband. They struggled and wife screamed for help. Men ran to grey VW parked. Neighbors called police. That is all I can recall. Maybe others who read it remember more.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

TOB crime report armed robbery Chapala Empty Re: TOB crime report armed robbery Chapala

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:11 pm

Supposedly their was a woman driver waiting in the gate-away VW, I think. Gray VW, but model and vintage unidentified.

I suppose the only people who could confirm it are the victims or criminals, unless there were eye witnesses. Supposedly happened a "block" from the "mayor's" house in Chapala, if I recall.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:15 pm

Yes, you are correct, Rosa. The last comment I saw was asking questions for clarification on some points. Then the entire thread was gone.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:29 pm

They (the victims?) said there was a police search of the neighborhood as they were called immediately, but no one had been found or arrested by the time that the thread was deleted. Could be later details as there seemed to be neighbor witnesses.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:35 pm

Were the victims foreigners?
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:47 pm

Yes.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:03 pm

Too bad no one copied and pasted it here. I wasn't in a place to do it but read and posted the link for neighborhood watch.

Apparently the man backed into his garage and shut the door while the wife went to unlock the house door. Two men in their 20's. The husband had enough sense to reopen the garage door. The wife was screaming and the guys escaped in the grey VW with a woman driver. They said it happened in the area of the mayor's house and someone clarified that it happened in Chapala. Where does the mayor live Redes?

The only remains of the post that I have from copying the link for neighborhood watch the writer wrote:""Never let your guard down"
On Sept. 4, 2015 my wife and I were the victims of an attempted armed robbery, at our home. We were unharmed."

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:10 pm

The Mayor lives about a block West of Mama Chuy's in north/east Chapala. Not sure of the barrio name. I will change the title of this thread from Ajijic to Chapala.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:27 pm

I asked if the crime was reported to the MP but there was no answer.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:40 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Yes.

They posted in very good English and under their user name, it said they were located in Michigan, (US?), which caused some confusion at first.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:12 pm

Thanks the thread was deleted before I saw the answer.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down