INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BORDER INCIDENT

+12
brigitte
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
mattoleriver
Lady Otter Latté
zenwoodle
kipissippi
Pedro
slainte39
Kottke
Rolly
Jim W
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BORDER INCIDENT Empty BORDER INCIDENT

Post by Jim W Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:36 pm

Mexico Military helicopter crossed US border and fired on US Border Patrol about an hour ago.......No one killed or wounded and Mexico has apologized......WTF.    Just hit the Phoenix news. Blackeye
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

BORDER INCIDENT Empty Re: BORDER INCIDENT

Post by Rolly Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:37 pm

Friendly fire happens...
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:39 pm

And our Marine made a mistake and will be held for another 2-3 months!  MISTAKE!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Jim W wrote:And our Marine made a mistake and will be held for another 2-3 months!  MISTAKE!

I am not up to speed on the particular incident but even non military types know better than to take a weapon into a foreign country.  Maybe the mistake was getting caught.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:19 pm

Osoprehistorico wrote:
Jim W wrote:And our Marine made a mistake and will be held for another 2-3 months!  MISTAKE!

I am not up to speed on the particular incident but even non military types know better than to take a weapon into a foreign country.  Maybe the mistake was getting caught.

He parked his vehicle on the US side of the border, visited friends Mexico, walked back across the border, got in the wrong lane.....a mistake!

BTW, heard on CNN the other day........tourist should boycott Mexico!   I say if the NOB population quit buying Mexican drugs, there wouldn't be an issue.

Another BTW Osoprehistorico, WTF does that have to do with Mexican military firing from a helicopter @ our border control?   Building relations? Smokealot
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kottke Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:48 pm

According to US news sources the shots were not fired at US Border Patrol agents. Unfortunately, As far as the American held in a Mexican jail, sometimes mistakes have consequences. But the typical viewpoint on the US side of the border portrays the Mexican authorities as villians. Another example of American sense of entitlement.

Kottke

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:26 pm

According to one US news report....
Mexican helicopter was approximately 100 yards across the border in the Arizona desert. Spotted two men in an unmarked vehicle and fired two warning shots...not at them. The men happened to be undercover US border surveillance. When the mistake was known, they landed the chopper and apologized to the border patrol. These guys are trading intelligence and communicating for the most part all the time, but not every second.
Hardly worth the US to declare war on Mexico.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Kottke wrote:According to US news sources the shots were not fired at US Border Patrol agents. Unfortunately, As far as the American held in a Mexican jail, sometimes mistakes have consequences. But the typical viewpoint on the US side of the border portrays the Mexican authorities as villians. Another example of American sense of entitlement.

....or rationalization at it's finest.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:37 pm

Jim W. You asked, " WTF does that have to do with Mexican military firing from a helicopter @ our border control?"

Beats me.  Why don't you ask Jim W. who brought it into the conversation originally?  I'm sure he has the answer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:50 pm

BORDER INCIDENT 477249 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:51 pm

slainte39 wrote:According to one US news report....
Mexican helicopter was approximately 100 yards across the border in the Arizona desert. Spotted two men in an unmarked vehicle and fired two warning shots...not at them. The men happened to be undercover US border surveillance. When the mistake was known, they landed the chopper and apologized to the border patrol. These guys are trading intelligence and communicating for the most part all the time, but not every second.
Hardly worth the US to declare war on Mexico.

Welcome home slainte39!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:21 pm

that yanqui gun toting goof deserves to be in jail for breaking mexican law. no legitimate excuse whatsover
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:31 pm

Dead Horse It has nothing to do with the Mexican Helicopter/Military firing on the border control warning shots or not....they fired in US Territory..... the original intent of the thread.   The Marine was simply an example.   Let me rephrase.....Mexico fired into the United States from US territory, they made a mistake, apologized and at this point forgiven!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:46 pm

deleted by moi
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:59 pm

Had you taken the time to read the thread.....Mexico's actions technically was an act of war, and they got off with an apology.  Take the time to research the Marines error.  I have and am willing to debate.  Mexico invaded US airspace and fired weapons in US territory.  Do you disagree with this fact?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:08 pm

Agree completely. It was either an act of over the top arrogance...or complete insanity. They're very lucky they didn't get shot down.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:09 pm

So they apologized ....big whoop.... did they give any kind of explanation?
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:23 pm

Chill.... It's the World Cup. Any actions to secure it are acceptable. Even biting.
OK maybe not biting.  Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:24 pm

Hi Auntie Kip!    Phoenix news says they were in pursuit of Mexican Mules(drugs)   Still can't accept the actions.....shooting weapons in another country....they said warning shots.....were they going to land the chopper in US territory and arrest someone///////LMAO
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:28 pm

zenwoodle wrote:Chill.... It's the World Cup. Any actions to secure it are acceptable. Even biting.
OK maybe not biting.  Beer 
maybe it was a german helicopter piloted by rogue futbol players just having some fun?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:29 pm

Jim, he is a FORMER Marine with a troubled history who has told several versions of what happened. It is not at all clear that the version you have related is the truth and it is different from several others that people have sworn are what really happened. It needs to be sorted and worked out--and not on blogs and web boards.

As for the border incident, please re-read Slainte´s post and think about what he wrote:
"According to one US news report....
Hardly worth the US to declare war on Mexico."
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:38 pm

Never intended the Marine to be more than an example, has nothing to do with the   incident!    As far as Slainte post.....what makes his info more accurate than mine BORDER INCIDENT 851398
Maybe my news channel is on snail mail ......LOL
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:49 pm

I base my decisions on where the news came from and what logically makes sense given what I know about how the Mexico/US border is patrolled.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Kottke Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:09 pm

Jim W wrote:Hi Auntie Kip!    Phoenix news says they were in pursuit of Mexican Mules(drugs)   Still can't accept the actions.....shooting weapons in another country....they said warning shots.....were they going to land the chopper in US territory and arrest someone///////LMAO

Calling it an act of war is a gross exagerrration.

Kottke

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:31 pm

kipissippi wrote:So they apologized ....big whoop.... did they give any kind of explanation?

I'm not there and neither is anyone else posting on this board, but this is what is on the news.

The Mexican force was conducting an operation that started about 150 meters south of the border apprehending 4 coyotes and releasing 39 migrants that they were sheparding towards the Papago Indian Reservation or the Arizona side. A lot of confusion and people running helter/skelter in all directions.

A technical act of war?....kind of pushing the envelope...two guys on the other side sitting in an unmarked vehicle.
I don't know what versions other people have heard, but it sounds like they believe it was a "fly by, let's take a pot shot at the gringo policía". Or maybe it was a real Pancho Villa style incursion across the border.
Where is Pershing when we need him?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next