INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone missing a young male Schnauzer?

+6
viajero
eagles100
joyfull
brigitte
mielicita
jle
10 posters

Go down

Anyone missing a young male Schnauzer? Empty Anyone missing a young male Schnauzer?

Post by jle Sat May 17, 2014 6:13 pm

Today one of the local car wash men in central Ajijic came up to me wanting to give me a younger male Schnauzer dog. The guy said he found the dog at the lake and had him for two days. I bought the dog some food and gave him water. The man said that he thought the dog may belong to someone in Ajijic on Donato Guerrea and was going to take the dog there and if he could not find the owner he was going to return the dog to me to take care of and try to find the owner. Well, I never saw him again. This dog had a collar with no tag and was recently groomed. If this may be your dog. PM me.

jle

Back to top Go down

Anyone missing a young male Schnauzer? Empty Re: Anyone missing a young male Schnauzer?

Post by mielicita Tue May 20, 2014 1:49 pm

I just picked my dog up from Memo on Constitución in central Ajijic....this fellow mentioned above is STILL looking (?) for the owner of this young Schauzer. Memo says he is perhaps a year old. This sweet dog seems tranquil and well behaved, and looks like he was groomed not too long ago, but is starting too look a tad ragged. After telling the guy that i would leave him with Memo to be checked out completely and take him while I look for the owner or a forever home, the guy asked for a propina or tip.....I offered him 100 pesos and he said, no, he'd continue to look for the owner. What he is looking for is a big reward because he said schnauzers are very valuable. Memo's nephew said the guy is a druggie. I'm just sick that he kept the dog, and walked off towards the malecon.

mielicita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anyone missing a young male Schnauzer? Empty Re: Anyone missing a young male Schnauzer?

Post by mielicita Tue May 20, 2014 2:21 pm

Oh also, as the guy said to jle, after he refused the tip, he would take the pup to "someone around Donato Guerra" who has schnauzers and might have lost one. Then he told me he'd take the dog to the shelter if no one claimed him. Seems to me that he's just wandering around to see how much money he can get.

mielicita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jle Tue May 20, 2014 6:38 pm

Right on Mielicita,

My boy friend who grew up in this area and knows this man did not want me to have anything to do with him and this dog. Mario said he just wanted money for the dog. I just wanted to make sure the dog had some food and water and a chance to find his home. I also bought a leash so I could take the dog to my house and try to find the owner, or someone who would give him a good home. I got the same story as you.

Tomorrow if we see this man and this dog, we will take the dog and threaten to go to the police and have him charged. I am so sick of these idiots thinking they can extort us for our lost, or stolen pets. If nothing else, we will scare him a bit, but I am sure my car, which he knows well, will have a few key marks or worse. I am at the point that I no longer care about my things and he must know that he cannot mess with us any longer.

jle

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue May 20, 2014 7:09 pm

There was a standard Schanuzer on rio zula yesterday morning. well groomed with a collard, I wonder if it is the same dog (Standard size).

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mielicita Wed May 21, 2014 12:21 am

brigitte wrote:There was a standard Schanuzer on rio zula yesterday morning. well groomed with a collard, I wonder if it is the same dog (Standard size).

No, this guy is a medium size and still a puppy at a year old. My dog is small/medium, 15 pounds, and he wasn't much bigger. His collar was a thin bluish leather, no tags.

mielicita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Wed May 21, 2014 12:33 am

I have a photo of the pup, but can't seem to attach it

Last edited by joyfull on Wed May 21, 2014 12:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ....)
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by mielicita Wed May 21, 2014 1:38 pm

jle wrote:Right on Mielicita,

My boy friend who grew up in this area and knows this man did not want me to have anything to do with him and this dog. Mario said he just wanted  money for the dog. I just wanted to make sure the dog had some food and water and a chance to find his home. I also bought a leash so I could take the dog to my house and try to find the owner, or someone who would give him a good home. I got the same story as you.

Tomorrow if we see this man and this dog, we will take the dog and threaten to go to the police and have him charged. I am so sick of these idiots thinking they can extort us for our lost, or stolen pets. If nothing else, we will scare him a bit, but I am sure my car, which he knows well, will have a few key marks or worse. I am at the point that I no longer care about my things and he must know that he cannot mess with us any longer.

jle...were you able to find the dog and Luis yesterday? I'm still upset that I let him get away.

mielicita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by eagles100 Wed May 21, 2014 10:32 pm

I have no idea how many groomers there are around but perhaps someone could take the picture of the dog to local groomers to see if they recognize him and maybe know who he belongs to.
eagles100
eagles100
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed May 21, 2014 10:53 pm

jle wrote:

Tomorrow if we see this man and this dog, we will take the dog and threaten to go to the police and have him charged. I am so sick of these idiots thinking they can extort us for our lost, or stolen pets. If nothing else, we will scare him a bit, .
What are you going to have him charged for,finding a lost dog and feeding it while looking for it's proper owner?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed May 21, 2014 11:10 pm

Viajero is correct. Legally there is nothing to be done.
I think this situation needs someone accustomed to dealing with this kind of situation--perhaps someone from one of the shelters or Dr. Magana?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu May 22, 2014 10:52 am

As someone suggested you find the groomer and owner and then the pwner can get the police to help him or her if they have proof it is their dog or get a vet to talk to Luis who probably knows all the tricks in the world or you buy the dog back via recompensa. At this point it is Luis´s dog...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Thu May 22, 2014 12:05 pm

There is a discussion in the Pet section on TOB as well. Apparently this Mini Schnauzer puppy is being held for ransom.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu May 22, 2014 12:19 pm

yes and we all know that but the only way to get the dog back is to convince Luis to let him go, steal the dog or pay the ransom unless you are the owner and then you can get the cops to help you if you can prove the dog is yours.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu May 22, 2014 1:05 pm

Did Luis steal this dog or did he find it wandering around loose on the streets of Ajijic?Is he demanding a ransom from the rightful,if irresponsible, owners or just looking for a little recompensa from them?
It's just possible that this Luis saved that dog from a much worse fate,like getting run over,is he opportunistic,sure,but that's life. The lesson to be learned is to be more careful with your "furkids" and not let them get loose.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu May 22, 2014 1:46 pm

viajero wrote:Did Luis steal this dog or did he find it wandering around loose on the streets of Ajijic?Is he demanding a ransom from the rightful,if irresponsible, owners or just looking for a little recompensa from them?
It's just possible that this Luis saved that dog from a much worse fate,like getting run over,is he opportunistic,sure,but that's life.  The lesson to be learned is to be more careful with your "furkids" and not let them get loose.

right on
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu May 22, 2014 2:03 pm

No one knows how Luis acquired the dog. He says he "found" it.
It appears he is looking for recompensa from whoever will give him the most. He has turned down several offers as not enough for such a valuable dog, so it sounds more like he is selling it to the highest bidder.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu May 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:No one knows how Luis acquired the dog. He says he "found" it.

Then why are all the pet nuts so quick to accuse him of being a "dog thief and dognapper".
It's not as if careless pet owners don't lose their pets on a regular basis at Lakeside.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu May 22, 2014 2:59 pm

I believe it is Luis´reputation and how he is handling this that has led to speculation. He is not saying he is holding the dog for the rightful owner. He is saying he wants more money for the dog and will take it from anyone.
BTW, I do not think that every owner who has lost a pet was careless (though some are) nor is everyone who is concerned about the fate of this dog a "pet nut."
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu May 22, 2014 3:30 pm

yes obviously he is selling it to the highest bidder so if someone really cares they can buy the dog and then look for the owner. Otherwise the dog will be with him and one day he will get sick of him and dump him..the usual..
The dog could have escaped from a car or from a house, could have been stolen in Guadalajara or just found who knows.
If people want to "save " the dog they have to put their money where their mouth or heart are simple.. oh but no we do not want to get this kid into the habit of stealing dogs and so on.. God help us.

Simple you want the dog saved buy him.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gpbasap Thu May 22, 2014 3:49 pm

A posting on TOB states the the owner has been found.
gpbasap
gpbasap
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu May 22, 2014 5:21 pm

hope they take better care of the dog in the future
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu May 22, 2014 6:31 pm

That is great news!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down